• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Any news on 7800 xt?

Soldato
If it needs to be nearly half the price then frankly i don't think AMD should care what you think, no one can run a profitable business like that and if i can get something a bit better than what Nvidia are offering for 10% less then i think AMD should keep going.
The 4070 should only be $400 as it’s really a 4060ti or even a 4060 given the specs, I mean what would AMD have done if Nvidia had of released the 4070 as a 4060ti for 400 bucks?

Soldato
If it needs to be nearly half the price then frankly i don't think AMD should care what you think, no one can run a profitable business like that and if i can get something a bit better than what Nvidia are offering for 10% less then i think AMD should keep going.
Well, my thinking is similar to Joxeon: 4070 is also overpriced.

After 3 years and full mode shrink, moving performance / cost by 10% to 15% is just nothing I can get excited about.

And I wonder why as the transistors count has gone up quite a bit (Navi 22 vs Navi 32), it is just that performance per transistor has not.

Saving grace is more VRAM compared to Nvidia which I value highly but many don't.

Soldato

After 3 years and full mode shrink, moving performance / cost by 10% to 15% is just nothing I can get excited about.

And I wonder why as the transistors count has gone up quite a bit (Navi 22 vs Navi 32), it is just that performance per transistor has not.

Saving grace is more VRAM compared to Nvidia which I value highly but many don't.
The thing is you can get the same level of performance that navi 32 offers with the same amount of vram for £500 new or less if you go used and you could have bought it for that months ago so what’s the point of navi 32 existing and what does it really bring to the table unless it’s under £500.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Unfortunately the only way to make Nvidia listen with is money, IE giving it to a competitor instead but the problem is the competitor is no better.

If its a choice between the 7900XT and a 4070Ti AMD get my money.

They are better, its just aren't good enough for you because its not enough for Nvidia to give you a discount.

Last edited:
Caporegime
How much do you think a 4070ti needs to be to be considered a good deal?

Never thought about it, the performance is good, as a card i like it, but can't get past that 192Bit 12GB on such an expensive card, i guess in terms of raw performance its £650, but i would still buy the 7900XT for that because i would want to keep it for a few years and game in 4K as much as i can.

I guess the 4070Ti is just a bit of a flawed product.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I guess i never thought about it because subconsciously i don't want it, 192Bit, 12GB, i mean i'm looking at the 6750XT and thinking i'd rather pay a bit more for the RX 6800.

Last edited:
Soldato
The thing is you can get the same level of performance that navi 32 offers with the same amount of vram for £500 new or less if you go used and you could have bought it for that months ago so what’s the point of navi 32 existing and what does it really bring to the table unless it’s under £500.

There are/were great second options, but spilt milk is already spilt

I sold my rtx3090 for 500 1 year ago, so it fits into your outlook which is that a second hand GPU could have been bought that's faster than navi32 for less

Last edited:
Soldato
True, who knows what going though these peoples heads.

One could argue Navi 31 is mid range, the logic die is only 304mm, its smaller than an RX 6700XT, and yet the overall package is around 550mm. there's six 47mm IMC / Cache chips on it, you would hope these people would understand that before tweeting, or is it X'ing now? What is it with X, why is everyone obsessed with X? RTX, GTX, XFX RX 7900XTX.

It just seemed logical AMD would want to go that way next generation. We will have to wait and see.

The whole marketing teams of AMD and Nvidia seem to be oblivious to the fact that a lot of consumer purchases are being driven by easy credit. They think people will just find more and more money to get improvements.

With credit becoming more expensive,inflation and interest rates going up globally,they really need better market research. Their market research seems to be people basically agreeing everything the accountants suggest.

With Steam mostly made up of cheaper dGPUs,how are useless mainstream releases going to push the PC market forward. How is it making PCMR faster than consoles,etc.

Do Nvidia and AMD really want consoles and phones to be the major games development platforms longer term?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom