• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Any news on 7800 xt?

Caporegime
Yep, people that cannot control their spending urges, even when it literally gains them nothing, inflates the market for everyone else, including themselves. The thing is, 95% people in that position do not even have much disposable income to begin with, they live month to month paying their bills and saving nothing. The vast majority in the UK do not even have one single months earnings as savings.

They buy these over priced goods to have some sort of "self worth" or keep up with their friends not to appear "in poverty" when they actually indeed are in poverty.

The vast majority of the people pushing prices up are not wealthy at all, its all credit/debt based, impulse purchases, "I must have the new shiny" etc etc.

Most millionaires I know personally, drive no more than £30k cars, do not buy new cars either, and live a frugal life, this on top of working their ass off and making LOTS of money.

When you don't have much money/have a good career earning you good money, you lack the value and perspective it took to gain that wealth, so you do not respect the effort it took to get that money and its value is diminished in your eyes. This is why so many with low incomes, low paying jobs or on benefits, don't bat an eye lid at a 4080 for £1200, because its just going on credit, all they see is "NEW NIVIDIA" ONLY gonna cost me £50 per month, its exactly the same with new Samsung or iPhones, both costing like £1k+, or "LOOK, FREE iPhone with unlimited mins and texts and data!, just £60 per month for 24 months", and they buy into that being brainwashed and having no financial sense, not actually stepping back and thinking, hold on, I am paying £1440 over 24 months.... thats £1k for the phone and £20 per month just for the contract.....

Its much easier for companies and marketing to sell too and manipulate the uneducated/on benefits, those in poverty and no career earning them a good living, those with money are not so easily manipulated as they were savvy to get there in the first place.

Meh, /rant over...

Well put...

Soldato
Yep, people that cannot control their spending urges, even when it literally gains them nothing, inflates the market for everyone else, including themselves. The thing is, 95% people in that position do not even have much disposable income to begin with, they live month to month paying their bills and saving nothing. The vast majority in the UK do not even have one single months earnings as savings.

They buy these over priced goods to have some sort of "self worth" or keep up with their friends not to appear "in poverty" when they actually indeed are in poverty.

The vast majority of the people pushing prices up are not wealthy at all, its all credit/debt based, impulse purchases, "I must have the new shiny" etc etc.

Most millionaires I know personally, drive no more than £30k cars, do not buy new cars either, and live a frugal life, this on top of working their ass off and making LOTS of money.

When you don't have much money/have a good career earning you good money, you lack the value and perspective it took to gain that wealth, so you do not respect the effort it took to get that money and its value is diminished in your eyes. This is why so many with low incomes, low paying jobs or on benefits, don't bat an eye lid at a 4080 for £1200, because its just going on credit, all they see is "NEW NIVIDIA" ONLY gonna cost me £50 per month, its exactly the same with new Samsung or iPhones, both costing like £1k+, or "LOOK, FREE iPhone with unlimited mins and texts and data!, just £60 per month for 24 months", and they buy into that being brainwashed and having no financial sense, not actually stepping back and thinking, hold on, I am paying £1440 over 24 months.... thats £1k for the phone and £20 per month just for the contract.....

Its much easier for companies and marketing to sell too and manipulate the uneducated/on benefits, those in poverty and no career earning them a good living, those with money are not so easily manipulated as they were savvy to get there in the first place.

Meh, /rant over...
With posts like I nominate the mods change your name to Regimental Sgt Major

Soldato

Meh, /rant over...

Do that many people buy high end GPUs on debt? That's pretty sad if it's the case. I've always being of the view that I'll never use debt, unless it's interest free, to buy depreciating assets because it's a dumb move. So I've only bought depreciating items like cars, graphics cards etc in cash and won't buy something if I don't have the cash

You are correct about the average person not having much in savings, I'd be surprised if the average person had more than two weeks of money in their bank account.

While I've bought some expensive items over the years like a nice car, expensive electronics like my PC etc I've never done these things sporadically and would plan it well in advance to specifically save cash for that purpose without affecting my aggressive savings goals and my goal over the years has always been to save the majority of income and that's allowed me to get to what is now the equivalent of many years of savings

Last edited:
Caporegime
Do that many people buy high end GPUs on debt? That's pretty sad if it's the case. I've always being of the view that I'll never use debt, unless it's interest free, to buy depreciating assets because it's a dumb move. So I've only bought depreciating items like cars, graphics cards etc in cash and won't buy something if I don't have the cash

This country exists on credit, the whole economy is built on and depends on debt.

Inflation is no accident, its a way of reducing government debt, the less valuable the £ is the lower that debt, its a way of converting government debt to public debt, a stealth tax, the reduction in the value of the £ (inflation) reduces the cost of government debt but that same loss in value decreases your spending power, you feel like you are poorer because you are, the money in your pocket doesn't buy you as much as it used to.

So, if the government wants more money, instead of putting texes up, that's bad electorally, they simply print themselves a few hundred billion £, that in turn devalues the £, your spending power is reduced and in that way the government has taxed you without you understanding it in that way, you vote for them, they print more money and you wonder how it is that year on year you're feeling like you're getting ever poorer.

Its really cynical and i hate it, we are some of the most over taxed people on earth and they still want more, and more.... it is getting to the stage now where the only way an increasing number of people can survive is on credit, that's unsustainable, credit is getting ever more expensive as they try to control this self inflicted spiral of inflation and eventually the creditors are going to call in those debts.

We are heading for a catastrophe and we brought it on ourselves.

Last edited:

Klo

Klo

Soldato

Meh, /rant over...
There is a balance to be had. No point being a millionaire if all you're doing is working long hours every day, never stop checking work emails at the weekend and spend no time doing things you enjoy doing. Sure you might have 7+ figures to your name, but few people in their death bed will be thinking about money, they'll be thinking about their experiences and family.

Having said that, yes people do often spends too much on semi disposable gadgets that won't make them feel any better.

Soldato

You are correct about the average person not having much in savings, I'd be surprised if the average person had more than two weeks of money in their bank account.

While I've bought some expensive items over the years like a nice car, expensive electronics like my PC etc I've never done these things sporadically and would plan it well in advance to specifically save cash for that purpose without affecting my aggressive savings goals and my goal over the years has always been to save the majority of income and that's allowed me to get to what is now the equivalent of many years of savings
Bearing in mind the majority can't find a few hundred quid in cash it says to me they must be using credit. I've always chuckled at those US house moving programmes when they want to move up to a million dollar house and then baulk at $1,000 for some new wood flooring to sell their old house. All done with credit and very few assets to their name.

Soldato
Soldato
For me its the better card 100%, that VRAM buffer gives it some real longevity, but still its pure raster is not that impressive for generational gains. For me it’s a £550 card, tops.

I sort of agree on pricing but £550 is a tad ridiculous.

I get it, Nvidia and AMD took the pee on release pricing but the performance is about 40% - 45% faster than a 6800 XT at 4K. So had AMD stuck with about £650 on release it would be roughly in line with the 6800 XT generational uplift (weaker pound considered).

Usually a generational uplift is about 30% to 50% with 60% being the exception.

Last edited:
Caporegime
RX7700XT 12GB:

With 48 CU's its likely to be 20 to 30% faster than the 6700XT, and with that that much faster than the 4060Ti, and 12GB.

No more than $500, probably, $479? Not great, but also not bad and a lot better than the 4060Ti.

Last edited:
Soldato
With 48 CU's its likely to be 20 to 30% faster than the 6700XT, and with that that much faster than the 4060Ti, and 12GB.

No more than $500, probably, $479? Not great, but also not bad and a lot better than the 4060Ti.

Should be $399 because 20-30% faster would make it slower than the 6800xt which hub says you can buy for $499 right now

So at $499 the 7700xt would get absolutely panned in reviews and probably result in more people calling YouTube channels Nvidia shills

Last edited:
Associate
There is a balance to be had. No point being a millionaire if all you're doing is working long hours every day, never stop checking work emails at the weekend and spend no time doing things you enjoy doing. Sure you might have 7+ figures to your name, but few people in their death bed will be thinking about money, they'll be thinking about their experiences and family.

Having said that, yes people do often spends too much on semi disposable gadgets that won't make them feel any better.
Having true wealth is about having the choice to do what you want to do, how and when you do it. So if working hard brings them joy, so be it. Its hard to change a solid work ethic, just as its hard for someone sat on their backside claiming benefits when there are lots jobs out there, but its the easier road to just stay claiming free money....
I sort of agree on pricing but £550 is a tad ridiculous.

I get it, Nvidia and AMD took the pee on release pricing but the performance is about 40% - 45% faster than a 6800 XT at 4K. So had AMD stuck with about £650 on release it would be roughly in line with the 6800 XT generational uplift (weaker pound considered).

Usually a generational uplift is about 30% to 50% with 60% being the exception.
My logic goes like this.

What you say is correct, so these are 6800XT and 3080 competitors.

So Nvidia's options should be $750 with inflation etc etc.
AMD option $650.

Then we are almost a year since launch, so both down about $100 bucks, making them $650 and $550.

Sounds right to me. So the only thing wrong is we are being scammed from the start. Remember, the only reason the 7900XT seems a good deal at £700 is because it came out at £900, if it had come out at its correct price of about £650, I indeed would be paying £550 for it now.

So I stand by my £550 evaluation.

Soldato
I'm going to say it, i find the 7700XT - 48 CU's : 7800 XT - 70 CU's rather suspect.

I'm not saying they're defiantly wrong but i sure hope they are because if not AMD will have majorly screwed the pooch, i mean all of the 7000 cards released so far have increased the CU count over previous gen cards so for them to lower the CU count in the middle of the stack just seems odd.

It's almost like the leaks are using how many CU's are on non-XT models but assuming they're XT's

Last edited:
Associate
I'm going to say it, i find the 7700XT - 48 CU's : 7800 XT - 70 CU's rather suspect.

I'm not saying they're defiantly wrong but i sure hope they are because if not AMD will have majorly screwed the pooch, i mean all of the 7000 cards released so far have increased the CU count over previous gen cards so for them to lower the CU count in the middle of the stack just seems odd.
Just imagine the 7900XTX replaced the 6900XT, and the 7900XT replaced the 6800XT, at similar pricing to before.

They both would have gotten golden reviews and sold like hotcakes to this day. And left room for rest of lineup to look good too.

Caporegime

It's almost like the leaks are using how many CU's are on non-XT models but assuming they're XT's

We will know in a couple of weeks, Gamescom starts on the 23'rd.

Associate
I think 7700XT is my last hope. I have a Ryzen 5600 with RTX 2060 Super and the only thing I need better GPU for is to play Microsoft Flight Sim, with only 550W PSU RTX 4060Ti was ideal except for the price and performance over RTX 3060ti.

Caporegime
I think 7700XT is my last hope. I have a Ryzen 5600 with RTX 2060 Super and the only thing I need better GPU for is to play Microsoft Flight Sim, with only 550W PSU RTX 4060Ti was ideal except for the price and performance over RTX 3060ti.

Same, RTX 2070S and i'm not spending £500+ so RX 7700XT or RX 6800.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom