• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Any news on 7800 xt?

Soldato
Like i said knowing AMD another month or more before release and reviews, the date of Starfield's release has little bearing on AMD's tendency to drop the ball when it comes to releasing graphics cards.

Let me put it this way, they probably want to time the reviews/availability of the new cards with the release of SF but whether they actually do that is a whole other question.

Last edited:
Soldato
Like i said knowing AMD another month or more before release and reviews, the date of Starfield's release has little bearing on AMD's tendency to drop the ball when it comes to releasing graphics cards.

Let me put it this way, they probably want to time the reviews/availability of the new cards with the release of SF but whether they actually do that is a whole other question.

The same goes with pricing.

Associate
And knowing AMD another month or more before release and reviews. :(

Yes, AMD's GPU Release Cadence Manager:

j8AT340.jpg

Caporegime
Ok, i've had a good look at this £550 4070.

Would i buy it?

First warranty, it says 2 years where 95% of others on OCUK say 3 years, but since someone said they were told their 3 year warranty was a misprint and actually 2, and also the misprint was never corrected, so i'm very suspicious of those claimed warranties, marked as 2 it could only be 1 and the Gainward product page doesn't have the warranty length listed so far as i can tell, which makes me even more suspicious of that.

The cooler, the whole card weighs in a 763g, that's a very light weight card, to put that in to perspective my MSI 2070S Gaming X weighs 1430g, near twice the weight.
It also has 2X 80mm fans vs 2X 95mm on my card.

My card 217 watts vs 193 watts for that.

Inevitably the temperature of my card is 71c at 31db vs 87c at 36.1db

No... its an objectively crap card and £550.

Last edited:
Caporegime
31 db BTW is literally whisper quiet from 5 feet away. can confirm, up until recently i had a 2TB spinny disk in my system, i could hear that clearly over my GPU.
I like my PC silent, its why i also have an Arctic Liquid Freeze II 360mm on my 5800X, again it makes no noise at all.

36db isn't, you would hear that even with headphones on.

Last edited:
Soldato
RX7700XT listing leaked:

ASRock teases the cards:

Associate
$549.99 vs $599.99.

That would make the 7800XT £530.

7700XT probably £430 and that's the one i would probably go for.
7700XT looks to be a 12GB card and doesn't meet the recommended specs for starfield. So looks like another gen stuck with a vega for me.
I want at least 16GB and enough grunt to last a while at 1440 before I upgrade. The 7800XT likely meets this but looks barely an upgrade on the current gen, and likely more expensive to boot :(

Associate
RX7700XT listing leaked:

ASRock teases the cards:
Unless AMD are generous with the pricing it will be yet another underwhelming release. I just cannot justify 7900 pricing and these new releases seem to be stagnant products and DOA at the rumoured prices.
Meet you back here in 6 months for the inevitable price drops. Bundling starfield is not enough of an incentive for same or just above performance at the same price as 3 year old tech.

Soldato
Caporegime
Unless AMD are generous with the pricing it will be yet another underwhelming release. I just cannot justify 7900 pricing and these new releases seem to be stagnant products and DOA at the rumoured prices.
Meet you back here in 6 months for the inevitable price drops. Bundling starfield is not enough of an incentive for same or just above performance at the same price as 3 year old tech.
7900XT is *chefs kiss* though man :cool:

Back
Top Bottom