• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Any news on 7800 xt?

Permabanned
Probably will price it at £550 because it is £30 cheaper than the RTX4070 and have the same performance. But you can get an RTX4070 12GB for £520.

giphy.gif
Bar the ai frame gen/rt/dlss3.0/3.5/super low latency mode etc etc - sorry couldn't resist haha! that new clever way of reusing previous rays on dlss3.5 sounds like a nice bonus though for those with cards, free performance is free performance, the new CP expansion showing it, looked promising.

Having tried the existing features on CP original I'd say it will actually do as claimed - and I can't believe I wrote that but I have no bias so if it does what it says on the tin...

Don't worry though I'm still going to treat my SFF to another amd card despite the last one dying - but it's powercolor's fault not amd so that's how I'm going to justify risking it hahaha

Associate
7900XT is *chefs kiss* though man :cool:
I was tempted by the £699 deal but I think i'm going to see how starfield runs on various hardware first. I'm sure it will be fine on the steam deck for now :D
7900XT at least seems more future proof than the 7800XT specs although as ever it hinges on pricing if released on Friday

Soldato
Bar the ai frame gen/rt/dlss3.0/3.5/super low latency mode etc etc - sorry couldn't resist haha! that new clever way of reusing previous rays on dlss3.5 sounds like a nice bonus though for those with cards, free performance is free performance, the new CP expansion showing it, looked promising.

Having tried the existing features on CP original I'd say it will actually do as claimed - and I can't believe I wrote that but I have no bias so if it does what it says on the tin...

Don't worry though I'm still going to treat my SFF to another amd card despite the last one dying - but it's powercolor's fault not amd so that's how I'm going to justify risking it hahaha
Probably will still run like crap!

Last edited:
Soldato
Isn't that higher than the $699 for the 7900xt?

I posted the leak earlier. Its a placeholder price:

Man of Honour
This will sort it:
[AMD advert slide]

"Up to 2x" is meaningless adspeak. The same goes for "fps" now. Sending the same frame twice would double "fps". FPS used to have some meaning, but it doesn't any more. "Up to" never has. As long as someone can concoct a single exotic set of circumstances in which performance might theoretically be 2x, that's a green light for "up to 2x performance".

My guess would be fake frames. That's the easiest way to at least sometimes double "fps".

Associate
I know 12GB was to be expected for the 7700xt, but still feel it's a shame it's not 16GB.
See how its priced soon enough.

If it isn't a reliably sub $399 card, (or there isn't a follow up non-xt below $350) they've missed the mark with N32. So that's a given with AMD.
I can't imagine enough defective dies to support 2 salvaged N32 models.

Back
Top Bottom