• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Any news on 7800 xt?

Associate
Ah yes, the classic, everything you can't argue against is cherry picking. Meanwhile, in the real world, AMD dropped to its lowest point ever and can't even keep market-share vs Intel (LOL) let alone challenge Nvidia. Truly a great success for AMD! :cry:

di0ReKd.png
Didn’t you have a 6800? They have improved vs RDNA2. Can’t expect seismic jumps in performance within a gen- you’re being a bit harsh on AMD and general gpu development. Also the business model wouldn’t work if they released 10yrs worth of advancement in 2 gens.

Soldato
Ah yes, the classic, everything you can't argue against is cherry picking. Meanwhile, in the real world, AMD dropped to its lowest point ever and can't even keep market-share vs Intel (LOL) let alone challenge Nvidia. Truly a great success for AMD! :cry:

di0ReKd.png

Intel will be AMD's main competitor if they keep improving. Plus, they're both chip makers that also make GPUs. They may take a bit of Nvidia's share but we have to be realistic, Nvidia's main job is making GPUs.

I get tired of all this lame arguing, why don't we just as well go "lolz luk at Nvidia's CPU market share lolz, loozers".

Nvidia will keep doing Nvidia, I'm more interested in the future Intel/AMD battle that hopefully produces some good value to performance cards.

This generation isn't what I'd call inspirational as a consumer.

Associate
Nah you'll be waiting for another gen on top of that for 4090-level at anywhere near $800ish.

Happy to eat my words though!!!
Right now a 7900xt seems plenty even for the new unreleased Unreal 5 engine games. It’s going to be a vram issue for less than 16gb cards.

I don’t think people need a 4090 unless they’re planning on close to 144fps but at 4K it’s not about fps it’s about visuals I suppose?

Last edited:
Soldato
@tommybhoy Doesn't refute the overall stats. It's a bigger world than OCUK. ;)

Didn’t you have a 6800? They have improved vs RDNA2. Can’t expect seismic jumps in performance within a gen- you’re being a bit harsh on AMD and general gpu development. Also the business model wouldn’t work if they released 10yrs worth of advancement in 2 gens.
Still do, it's been an excellent card overall. In hindsight I should've jumped on a 3090 but I was dumb. For me the choice was 6800 vs a 3070 that cost 10% more (at the time), and that didn't make sense.

My point exactly.

Associate
Right now a 7900xt seems plenty even for the new unreleased Unreal 5 engine games. It’s going to be a vram issue for less than 16gb cards.

I don’t think people need a 4090 unless they’re planning on close to 144fps but at 4K it’s not about fps it’s about visuals I suppose?
Starfield plus mods is going to drive a lot of upgrades for anything less than 16GB. 4080 and above required on the Nvidia side unless you are happy with the upcoming 4060ti...

Soldato

the userbase for 8gb is massive think its in the interest to be able to sell games to this market still
first game I found using UE5 with benchmarks 1440p and 4K results

VHHpevA.jpg

Caporegime

di0ReKd.png

Yeah, over priced cards win, we know that, great isn't it? :rolleyes: why do you think AMD are trying to follow Nvidia's lead, JPR's numbers don't lie? The more over priced the cards are the more likely people are to buy them.

Edit: against AMD price drop's on the 6000 series somehow Intel sold 2X as many GPU's as AMD relative. hm? Not sure i believe that, JPR are idiots afterrall....

Last edited:
Caporegime
Intel will be AMD's main competitor if they keep improving. Plus, they're both chip makers that also make GPUs. They may take a bit of Nvidia's share but we have to be realistic, Nvidia's main job is making GPUs.

I get tired of all this lame arguing, why don't we just as well go "lolz luk at Nvidia's CPU market share lolz, loozers".

Nvidia will keep doing Nvidia, I'm more interested in the future Intel/AMD battle that hopefully produces some good value to performance cards.

WTF are you talking about you want an AMD vs Intel battle? Nvidia just allowed to carry on as is and rooting for Intel who behave in exactly the same way as Nvidia to push the only one who don't out? so effectively two Nvidia's fleecing our wallets? That's what you want? FFS.... and RX 6700XT has been cheaper than an utter junk A770 for a while now.

If this is true then Intel doubled their market share against AMD, and solely AMD, no market share taken from Nvidia, with GPU's that are slower, worse and more expensive than the AMD equivalents.

I swear this community deserves everything it gets and it keeps doing it to its self. It does nothing but root for people who hate them. At this point consoles are looking good to me, PCMR are just too self destructive.

No really.... at this point i just want to see PCMR burn, i'm sick of THIS.

Last edited:
Associate
WTF are you talking about you want an AMD vs Intel battle? Nvidia just allowed to carry on as is and rooting for Intel who behave in exactly the same way as Nvidia to push the only one who don't out? so effectively two Nvidia's fleecing our wallets? That's what you want? FFS.... and RX 6700XT has been cheaper than an utter junk A770 for a while now.

If this is true then Intel doubled their market share against AMD, and solely AMD, no market share taken from Nvidia, with GPU's that are slower, worse and more expensive than the AMD equivalents.

I swear this community deserves everything it gets and it keeps doing it to its self. It does nothing but root for people who hate them. At this point consoles are looking good to me, PCMR are just too self destructive.
I'm starting to think 1080p pc and a console is the way forward?

Caporegime
I'm starting to think 1080p pc and a console is the way forward?

With this community rooting for the two guys that want nothing but to rip us off at the expense of the only guy who has demonstrated some will to try the opposite.

This community is as daft as it is toxic, and always has been which is why we are where we are at, i cannot sit and watch it do the same thing over and over and over and over.... again claiming its doing it because it wants a different outcome, facepalming just doesn't cover it anymore, burn it, burn it to ashes.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Quite, and it's a bigger world than dgpu, as the overall stats would point to AMD having more market share than anyone else in the AAA gaming market.;)

JPR are not on the level.

JPR insist on Including Intel's X86 CPU's as part of its overall "Gaming Market Share" because they have iGPU's, and then puts them at a market share way above Nvidia.

While at the same time flatout refuse to acknowledge any Game Console as "Gaming Market Share" one can only surmise because they all have AMD GPU's and would dwarf Intel and Nvidia in "Gaming Market Share"

A couple of years ago Jon Peddie himself sat next to MLID and said, i quote "Intel will take AMD's GPU marketshare just because they are Intel" when that didn't happen by the first report to test this JPR claimed Intel had taken half of AMD's marketshare anyway in just 6 months, absolutely astonishing right? Until someone had pointed out that JPR were counting all of the products that Intel had sold in to the supply chain as retail sold products, JPR claimed it was an honest mistake. yeah right...

Last edited:
Soldato

No really.... at this point i just want to see PCMR burn, i'm sick of THIS.
Hysterical much?

Edit: I didn't say I want to see AMD Vs Intel battle, it's just probably going to be the reality in at least some of the market. I'm interested to see how that will play out.

Please stop throwing your panties in my direction.

Last edited:
Soldato
JPR are not on the level.

JPR insist on Including Intel's X86 CPU's as part of its overall "Gaming Market Share" because they have iGPU's, and then puts them at a market share way above Nvidia.
Not in the chart posted earlier, I'm not saying they don't also publish data like you describe, I'm just saying the "not on the level" claim is probably more down to people misreading their reports.

I'm also not saying their reports are 100% accurate, they're not, however until someone produces a more rigorous method or better yet the actual manufactures themselves publish unit sales numbers, they're better than guesswork.

e: I'm not about to pay to find out but it would be interesting to know if their reports include a confidence factor.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Not in the chart posted earlier, I'm not saying they don't also publish data like you describe, I'm just saying the "not on the level" claim is probably more down to people misreading their reports.

I'm also not saying their reports are 100% accurate, they're not, however until someone produces a more rigorous method or better yet the actual manufactures themselves publish unit sales numbers, they're better than guesswork.

e: I'm not about to pay to find out but it would be interesting to know if their reports include a confidence factor.

Its used to shove under investors noses to say "look how well we are doing" so i don't trust a single letter or number in it, there is obvious cherry picking and number fudging in some of their reports, that was my point.

Was Jon Peddie so completely deluded or is he speaking to paymasters will? Intel use Steam constantly as a measure of their market share, just before everytime they use it to talk to investors there is a massive jump in their market share, like millions of extra chips were added in just a few weeks, every single time, like clockwork.
Even Intel's own investors have noticed this odd phenomena and questioned it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Its used to shove under investors noses to say "look how well we are doing" so i don't trust a single letter or number in it, there is obvious cherry picking and number fudging in some of their reports, that was my point.
Seems not so obvious as i don't see it.

Back
Top Bottom