• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Any news on 7800 xt?

Associate
Is this a joke?
Which bit the battlemage or the AMD selling?

Battlemage yes, but is a cool name in my opinion and the AMD selling, might happen, there is a lot of negativity toward Nvidia so people who don't look into it will turn the the next inline, AMD. Not stating a fact or a anything, again my opinion with some pale wit thrown in.

Last edited:
Caporegime
image.png

Caporegime
Which bit the battlemage or the AMD selling?

Battlemage yes, but is a cool name in my opinion and the AMD selling, might happen, there is a lot of negativity toward Nvidia so people who don't look into it will turn the the next inline, AMD. Not stating a fact or a ythin, again my opinion with some pale with thrown in.

I know your first language isn't English, type a bit slower and read stuff back to yourself, yes i know my writing is often terrible but honestly i couldn't make head nor tail of some of that ^^^ :)

Its a cool name. yes.

Last edited:
Soldato
As the perf is only 10% better than the 6800xt. If they had called the 7900xtx the 7800xt and the 7900xt the 7800 then whole gamer community would be behind them now.

Yeah will be embarrassing if they do go ahead with that uplift being its successor, guess they could call it 7700xt ? Which should mean it being slightly faster than 4070?

Soldato
Yup, the RDNA3 architecture didn't reach the heights expected so adjustments had to be made. Shame really but at least they're off on the chiplet adventure pretty successfully!!

Just hoping they're more ambitious with RDNA4 rather than just a hardware tweak...
Actually making cards to sell is so old fashioned.

Like with HBM beforehand with Fuji*, it seems someone at AMD is super proud that they've cracked multi chiplets for GPUs. Whether going all out chiplets was actually a wise or risk free thing? Seems nobody asked that question.

I still think they should have made Navi 31, 32, and 33 monolith, and experimented with a fat bigger design with Navi 30. 550mm² for the GCD would have shown some ambition and would have done what chiplets can do: make a part what overall area is bigger than monolith can go. And soundly beaten AD102 too.

Then the 7900 XT and 7900 XTX names would have made sense - the XT at the process's clock/efficiency sweet point, and the XTX at go crazy clocks. On a halo part, 600W+ wouldn't have mattered much.

* Which was mostly an AMD idea which they brought to market with Hynix's packaging expertise. And then had shove it into Fuji, and to this day Nvidia and even Intel have shipped more HBM pro cards than AMD.

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah will be embarrassing if they do go ahead with that uplift being its successor, guess they could call it 7700xt ? Which should mean it being slightly faster than 4070?
One crazy theory is just like for the 5700 series they released driver updates that matched the 2070 super… I wonder if the same would happen where the 7900xtx would get to 20% better than the 4080 and the 7900xt almost matching the 4080! Wishful thinking? Not sure but it would make sense then releasing the 7800xt.

Last edited:
Soldato
One crazy theory is just like for the 5700 series they released driver updates that matched the 2070 super… I wonder if the same would happen where the 7900xtx would get to 20% better than the 4080 and the 7900xt almost matching the 4080! Wishful thinking? Not sure but it would make sense then releasing the 7800xt.

No idea but I wouldn't pin my hopes on it so not to be disappointed if it doesn't happen

Caporegime
If AMD were going to drop any big perf increases for the 7000-series they would have done it by now imo, hopefully they'll come down the line at some point for owners (along with the VR fixes which are still terrible I hear).

Soldato
Not sure we’re getting a 7800xt this gen
Maybe ASRock are playing games then!

Associate
Back
Top Bottom