Anyone bank with Nationwide. Check your inbox!

Soldato
OP
I have a paid current account (hardly used, kept for the benefits), mortgage (overpaid) and a savings account (open but not used).

Paid accounts automatically get the £100.

I don't think there is a better value paid account! £13 for phone and car cover and holiday insurance. And joint benefits too!

Caporegime
I have a paid current account (hardly used, kept for the benefits), mortgage (overpaid) and a savings account (open but not used).

Paid accounts automatically get the £100.

I don't think there is a better value paid account! £13 for phone and car cover and holiday insurance. And joint benefits too!

I stopped getting these packages when I realised they don't cover second hand phone!

(most anyway)

Soldato
Damn, just a current account. There'll be a surge in £1 saving accounts being opened. Probably change the rules for next year that you need a certain amount in there.

Last edited:
Soldato
Screw it £50 off the mortgage for just having the 1 thing would have been good enough for me :)

It's a little bit of a boring story but I had to move my current AC about 20 years ago because Nationwide wouldn't give me a debit card for some reason. This is why my current AC is with HSBC and my mortgage is with Nationwide.

You haven't met the eligibility requirements for 20 years though, it's safe to say your complaint won't be going anywhere.

Damn, just a current account. There'll be a surge in £1 saving accounts being opened.

They'll need to read the T&Cs first:
"You will have had qualifying savings if you had at least £100 in total in one or more personal savings accounts or cash ISAs with Nationwide at the end of any day in March 2023."

Soldato
You haven't met the eligibility requirements for 20 years though, it's safe to say your complaint won't be going anywhere.

I dare say you are correct, I have lodged feedback with Nationwide anyway because if people don't, then they won't know that people are dissatisfied.

It's less about the 20 year thing and more that I think that people who just have mortgages or savings should be entitled to something, even if it's less than the £100 people are getting for having current ac + mortgage or savings.

Not that bothered about it in reality, Nationwide have generally been pretty good when it comes to my mortgages with them.

Soldato
OP
Here we go again!

d1tj2C6.png

Last edited:
Soldato
I didn't get it the first time, don't think I get it this time round. I only have a current account with 1k sitting in there in case my other bank goes belly up as all my other accounts are with the same other bank.

Caporegime
Nothing for me as I just have savings with them. But if there's a switch incentive I'll jump on board (and it won't happen next year! :D)

Man of Honour
£100 each for the wife and I. I’ll take it.

Note: This will count as interest for the tax year, so plan around that if you have other investments that earn interest outside of an ISA or similar.

Yes, that’s a pain. Will have to adjust my accounts. It would definitely tip me over.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom