Anyone else just bimble along through life?

Soldato
I have no problem doing things by myself, I've done it all my life. If I wanted to go on holiday by myself I'd have absolutely no problem doing so.

Dude, loads have giving you suggestions which you have brushed off considering you was the one who started this thread. Each to their own as you said but you clearly have some underlying issues no one here can solve.

Book yourself in and see a professional. At least take that bit of advice from this thread.

Soldato
OP
Have you ever had a full blood workup done including test levels? That needs to be specially requested and approved by the gp first they won't just do one if you ask. They will want to know why and you need to pass various other signs first without signs of abuse of illegal substances.

Sounds like your test levels might be low. As you don't seem to have any mojo.

Not been to the Doctor's since I was a kid, not even registered with one where I live now so I suppose I should sort that out. FWIW I have no problem with mojo when I'm not at work, but that just drains me.

I guess if you're shut up in an office behind a desk all day then you're itching to get out and do something/use up some energy at the end of the day, where as it's the opposite for me, all I want to do is put my feet up and have a rest.

Caporegime
Not been to the Doctor's since I was a kid, not even registered with one where I live now so I suppose I should sort that out. FWIW I have no problem with mojo when I'm not at work, but that just drains me.

I guess if you're shut up in an office behind a desk all day then you're itching to get out and do something/use up some energy at the end of the day, where as it's the opposite for me, all I want to do is put my feet up and have a rest.

People can rest by doing all sorts like playing golf.

Camping you don't need to be in bed or lying on a couch.

Soldato
It's perfectly fine OP to just bumble along. As you get older you start to realise that a lot of things in life are overrated and simply designed to extract money from you. So those who play that game keep working and repeating that cycle until they are old and infirm.

Most of the things people are suggesting here are just fleeting activities that you might enjoy for a short while but then go back to your humdrum life. In essence you are just buying memories.

If you can appreciate the little things in life like the first cup of tea on a Sunday morning, going for a walk early/late when nobody is around, reading classic literature, being present in the current moment etc, then you are doing just fine.

Soldato
It's perfectly fine OP to just bumble along. As you get older you start to realise that a lot of things in life are overrated and simply designed to extract money from you. So those who play that game keep working and repeating that cycle until they are old and infirm.

Most of the things people are suggesting here are just fleeting activities that you might enjoy for a short while but then go back to your humdrum life. In essence you are just buying memories.

If you can appreciate the little things in life like the first cup of tea on a Sunday morning, going for a walk early/late when nobody is around, reading classic literature, being present in the current moment etc, then you are doing just fine.

Memories, especially ones of good experiences are the best things in life. If you don't have them then what's the point in being born? Living just for the sake of living!?!?!

Soldato
Memories, especially ones of good experiences are the best things in life. If you don't have them then what's the point in being born? Living just for the sake of living!?!?!

Why not live for the sake of living? You can have good experiences without having to spend much money though. No need to spin your wheels through life. Go to a second hand bookshop for example, you can buy literature written by some of the greatest minds for pennies. Sure you can't brag to your workmates about what you did at the weekend but then that doesn't really matter.

Caporegime
Well good luck dude.
Keep a low carbon footprint and keep living until u cba or get old.
I get where you are coming from and some doctor will probably pump you full of happy pills so you can have the same shallow ambitions as the rest of the wage slaves.
If you dont want kids then there is pretty much no reason for you to exist as an animal so.... GG !

Caporegime
Well good luck dude.
Keep a low carbon footprint and keep living until u cba or get old.
I get where you are coming from and some doctor will probably pump you full of happy pills so you can have the same shallow ambitions as the rest of the wage slaves.
If you dont want kids then there is pretty much no reason for you to exist as an animal so.... GG !

OkayGuy.jpg

Soldato
You say guitar feels like a chore; when you still used to take it more seriously did you ever try to get involved playing music with anyone else? Learning an instrument just for the sake of it can feel a bit like a chore but applying yourself to be able to jam and express yourself with it is where it really opens up (and it's absolutely not a case of "being good enough" either, just having the right approach/attitude - I dunno when you stopped but with the amount of good content to learn from these days there's never been a better time to get into it)

Soldato
OP
You say guitar feels like a chore; when you still used to take it more seriously did you ever try to get involved playing music with anyone else? Learning an instrument just for the sake of it can feel a bit like a chore but applying yourself to be able to jam and express yourself with it is where it really opens up (and it's absolutely not a case of "being good enough" either, just having the right approach/attitude - I dunno when you stopped but with the amount of good content to learn from these days there's never been a better time to get into it)

No it was just for my own entertainment really, I'm not creative enough to make it interesting and just ended up playing the same stuff all the time which is why it got kind of boring, that and knowing that to get better would mean practicing every day and a lot of days I really didn't want to hence it started to feel like a job.

I've got a weekend of full-bore excitement lined up anyway so lots of you will be really pleased I've made the step.

Soldato
Yes I'd say I do bimble through life. I do nothing and haven't achieved nothing. I just go to work, come home and sit at computer, sometimes go to the pub even on week nights, then go to sleep. Also waste most of my days off like today by going back to bed all afternoon.

It's £75 and 5 weeks processing (have to attend a 15 min interview). i've not been abroad since i was a kid (school group passport). im 34 now........ and finally pulled my finger out my arse. There's tonnes of dirt cheap flights (£18 to Milan for example). I'm currently planning a weekend to Kiev and a day trip to Chernobyl

I got my first adult passport earlier this year after years of putting it off. I had it within 2 weeks of first applying online but that depends how quick you get your countersign and how fast you post your supporting docs off. I had it signed and docs posted same day. I had my passport 48 hours after the interview too.

Caporegime

Exactly, do stuff, have fun, take risks, achieve things you can be proud of etc..

Why not live for the sake of living? You can have good experiences without having to spend much money though. No need to spin your wheels through life. Go to a second hand bookshop for example, you can buy literature written by some of the greatest minds for pennies. Sure you can't brag to your workmates about what you did at the weekend but then that doesn't really matter.

It isn't about bragging to your workmates but rather just enjoying yourself and that doesn't mean you need to spend money - I'm not sure why you've focused on that - I don't think anyone has argued that he *has* to spend money per say but rather that he should find things to do! Some of those things might cost money others not necessarily, but spending money certainly isn't the point here.

Soldato
You said its all pointless in the end so why does it mater if you are a consumer or creator?

Because my experience is that being a consumer leads to less happiness. Creation causes satisfaction and temporary happiness.

Basically I'm just trying to make the pointless ride more enjoyable.

Soldato
Creation causes satisfaction and temporary happiness.

It can do, it can also drive you nuts as you constantly try to improve or find flaws in your work that no-one else notices. Remember a lot of artists aren't happy souls :p

It does have satisfying moments though, just have to fight through the self doubt.

Back
Top Bottom