Anyone in to old tv shows?

Permabanned
I have a fondness for old police procedurals and then some. Holmes, Christie, Poirot, Bergerac, Cracker, Dalziel & Pascoe, Lewis, Morse & Kavanagh QC (big fan of John Thaw and was gutted when he passed), Prime Suspect, Frost, Rebus, Silent Witness, Taggart.

Funnily enough, I could never get into Columbo. Also hated The Bill.

Man of Honour
Oh my, I’ve never seen Python looking so good.

Yeah, the change is remarkable. I thought the HD versions on Netflix were perfectly fine, but this is so much better.

Also, something a bit silly, but each episode starts at chapter 2, if you go back to chapter 1 at the start it'll show the BBC timing clock and episode info on the chalk board. Sometimes a bit of the warm up chap. Just because it was on the studio masters, they've put it on the blurays. :eek: :D

The only thing that's missing is commentary from the Pythons really, but with 1 dead, 1 with dementia and unable to speak anymore ( :( Poor Terry Jones), and the other 4 all over the world... highly unlikely to have happened.

Soldato
saw an add for this .. on the periphery of my memory ... hopefully I'll now remember to tape the series

49661864432_bd0df91b29_o_d.jpg

Soldato
I’ve been watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer with the young ‘un. Was pretty shocked to discover it was over 20 years old! Still superb and very watchable apart from the crap third series.

Caporegime
With the new Netflix Spenser abomination everyone should go back and watch the TV series from the 80's. It still holds up. And Avery Brooks as Hawk. Yes that Sisko from DS9.

Associate
If you want to watch a 1970's supernatural hunting newspaper reporter then Kolchak is the man. A couple of TV films and a one season TV series but it really is very good. Darren McGavin is really good as the reporter Kolchak. Might be a little hard to get but it is really worth a watch.

Back
Top Bottom