• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anyone just given up on looking for a new GPU?

Permabanned
Buy it now prices on the bay for 3080 Ti’s are dropping… silly scalpers are getting desperate and under cutting each other, in the £1.5k range now.

From £2k into £1.5k range, within 2 weeks from release. I hope these scalpers make as little profit as possible.

Wow what a bargain.

So if you buy from a scalper and the item developers a fault do you need proof of purchase? If so what would that be, an invoice written on the back of a fag packet?

Caporegime
Bitcoin price heading back up to £30k... 27k yesterday 28k today (from 23k a week ago).

Optimism set to "low" right now :p

Mining ETH and co still profitable enough to be considering buying more cards, I would imagine (I'm not a miner).

Associate
Buy it now prices on the bay for 3080 Ti’s are dropping… silly scalpers are getting desperate and under cutting each other, in the £1.5k range now.

From £2k into £1.5k range, within 2 weeks from release. I hope these scalpers make as little profit as possible.
Good news indeed.

Caporegime
Bitcoin price heading back up to £30k... 27k yesterday 28k today (from 23k a week ago).

Optimism set to "low" right now :p

Mining ETH and co still profitable enough to be considering buying more cards, I would imagine (I'm not a miner).
29k and rising a few hours later... it's a joke, isn't it.

What else is so volatile as crypto...

Associate
Wow what a bargain.

So if you buy from a scalper and the item developers a fault do you need proof of purchase? If so what would that be, an invoice written on the back of a fag packet?
I don’t know on that part. All of my new GPU purchases have been via UK retailers. I have never bought a current GPU via scalpers.

It’s just good to see scalpers make less money, panic, etc. Eventually I want these scalpers to return their sealed GPU’s back to the UK retailers and allow actual users to purchase, open the box and use the GPU.

Soldato
I think it being mesh side and top will be better to pull in or exhaust more flow , but looking at the bottom still looks the same was hoping would improve the bottom for pulling in more airflow

Associate
Yea, not only are actual sold prices dipping some, there's a LOT more supply in the used market that's been sitting there for a week (instead of a day or two like the last few months). We're still a ways away from prices normalizing (and a below MSRP used price), but it'll get there -- there are literal boatloads of GPUs tied up in mining rigs right now that are starting to be offloaded.

I do not think the serious miners will be off loading anytime soon.

Associate
I do not think the serious miners will be off loading anytime soon.

I'd agree and expect most to be in for the long haul and there are more reports of farms in the UK being caught / raided that are stealing electricity - let alone the rest of the world. A clear sign of demand if some are being setup as criminal enterprises.

Associate
I think if you want a graphics card enough. You'll find a way to get one at a good price.

Sadly it just takes time and effort these days.

Let's hope things go back to normal soon.

Associate
Absolute joke that there are 200+ 3080 Ti’s on the bay.

But it’s good news that they are not selling quickly. Which means genuine buyers are winning! As buy it now prices keep dropping lately.

Associate
Absolute joke that there are 200+ 3080 Ti’s on the bay.

But it’s good news that they are not selling quickly. Which means genuine buyers are winning! As buy it now prices keep dropping lately.

Sign of the times sadly.

I really hope the government takes more notice and does something about all of this scalping going on. As it's being done to a lot of other items online. Besides consoles and PC components.

But sadly, the government will be slow to react I'm sure.

Associate
Sign of the times sadly.

I really hope the government takes more notice and does something about all of this scalping going on. As it's being done to a lot of other items online. Besides consoles and PC components.

yup. Watches are another. Supply and demand, basic economics.

Associate
Haha… From a scalper who couldn’t take it anymore (Palit 3080 Ti). Sold for less than £1,450.

From the advert:

‘Final GPU trade before I quit - only reason I’m selling for this low’

Associate
Sign of the times sadly.

They only care when it impacts them. For example, legislation was brought in to prevent concert ticket scalping after and MP couldn't buy tickets to a festival they wanted...Sadly I don't think any will need GPUs anytime soon.

Associate
I'm sorry to say it guys but the only reason I have the system I have is from buying and selling GPU's, I know I know, it's bad

I have tried to keep prices in the middle ground though, not as high as scalpers on eBay etc

This is just the times we are in now, everyone just trying to make some money so I understand why

It is also annoying though as I would like a 3080 myself but that's not happening at the moment lol

Associate
I'd agree and expect most to be in for the long haul and there are more reports of farms in the UK being caught / raided that are stealing electricity - let alone the rest of the world. A clear sign of demand if some are being setup as criminal enterprises.

Big money and better still if it`s easy always attract the criminals

Back
Top Bottom