• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anyone just given up on looking for a new GPU?

Associate
Well think about it. If they block normal punters based on IP, address, Card, account unless you have like a zombie network botnet will all different bank accounts (which would post them to all separate addresses) so you can only buy one.. the bots cant buy in bulk in theory and should be easier to decline post sale surely?

I'd prefer that you have to collect the one in person too. Have a few more distributors around the country, order it through nvidia and then only be able to pick up one.

It must be doable to some level. This has become silly.

Associate
Good point. Maybe it could stop them buying 99% of the cards.

Make things much harder buying many multiples. I've bought GPU's since Voodoo 1 / 2 and never seen it this bad.

Associate
Good point. Maybe it could stop them buying 99% of the cards.

Make things much harder buying many multiples. I've bought GPU's since Voodoo 1 / 2 and never seen it this bad.
The one per address rule makes it harder to buy many multiples. If they can collect in person it makes it easier to get around and just inconveniences normal buyers.

Associate
Not true in the sense you can change the delivery address when buying, but I think the address on your account with the vendor website and your billing address have to match.
I have encountered that issue with Mastercard on that site, however AFAIK it doesn't apply to Amex. It's not specifically a site, or Nvidia thing.

Soldato
From what I understand, the credit/debit card used to buy an fe card also has to match the delivery address. Otherwise your order will be cancelled.

I dont think the issue is in the UK though its ROW. The Nvidia partner introduced that early 2021 so its doubtful miners go through them anyway. Its the amounts we are getting. Even if they get a 1000 of each FE they will sell out quickly. Problem still is supply more than any other "issue". A £649 3080 FE is going to sell out everytime especially when AIBs are over £1000.

There is still literally 1000's if not 10000's people waiting for FE cards.

Caporegime
I dont think the issue is in the UK though its ROW. The Nvidia partner introduced that early 2021 so its doubtful miners go through them anyway. Its the amounts we are getting. Even if they get a 1000 of each FE they will sell out quickly. Problem still is supply more than any other "issue". A £649 3080 FE is going to sell out everytime especially when AIBs are over £1000.

There is still literally 1000's if not 10000's people waiting for FE cards.

Yeah I can get 3080ti easily and have had one in my cart many times now. 3080 which is the one everyone wants because it is at the right price point and the performance 99% need is gone in seconds. Surely miners would be just as interested in 3080ti's.

Soldato
Yeah I can get 3080ti easily and have had one in my cart many times now. 3080 which is the one everyone wants because it is at the right price point and the performance 99% need is gone in seconds. Surely miners would be just as interested in 3080ti's.

3080ti are LHR and £400 extra

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom