Anyone know when do they replace the current line up of AV Receivers?

Soldato
My Denon 2030 is quite a few years old now and still gets 2/3 firmware updates a year. Last one was 3 weeks ago.

Any electronic devices are going to be hit and miss at the moments its not just GPU's and this has been going on since Dec 2019 longer than people imagine as unless you want one of the items in short supply back then you didnt realise there was an issue (Quest and Switch)

Soldato
Make sense. The ones I have been looking at are all 9.2 anyway as they are all Atmos so that's not a problem there. My issue is the dodgy chip from last year and the lack of stock.
Did you make any decisions yet? I think I'm going to wait for the upcoming Onkyo/Pioneer which look to promise HDMI 2.1 on multiple ins. I'm keen on the Onkyo NR6100 or possibly Pioneer VSX-105. I'm not interested in Dirac really.
https://www.avnirvana.com/threads/o...look-at-the-brands’-latest-av-receivers.8292/

Caporegime
OP
Did you make any decisions yet? I think I'm going to wait for the upcoming Onkyo/Pioneer which look to promise HDMI 2.1 on multiple ins. I'm keen on the Onkyo NR6100 or possibly Pioneer VSX-105. I'm not interested in Dirac really.
https://www.avnirvana.com/threads/onkyo-pioneer-elite-and-integra-deep-dive-a-fresh-look-at-the-brands’-latest-av-receivers.8292/

I want to get one this weekend if i could but i am going to wait. I've waited this long. Really don't want to use an external box or wait for Yamaha updates which might never come.

Soldato
I want to get one this weekend if i could but i am going to wait. I've waited this long. Really don't want to use an external box or wait for Yamaha updates which might never come.
I would agree with your sentiments. I was going to wait until around November myself when prices and supply should have normalised but I luckily picked up a Denon X4400H which has the main things I needed in, eARC and Atmos 5.1.4. It does also sound excellent.

Caporegime
OP
I would agree with your sentiments. I was going to wait until around November myself when prices and supply should have normalised but I luckily picked up a Denon X4400H which has the main things I needed in, eARC and Atmos 5.1.4. It does also sound excellent.

I found a Marantz 7012 on AV Forum for about £700, that was a £1500 amp. I could get that but that is quite old now, it's about 3 or 4 generation old so I gave that a pass.

Soldato
I really want a 3700h, but I can wait until a 3800 is released then get the 7 cheaper. It must be soon though as that range have been out since last year.

Caporegime
OP
I really want a 3700h, but I can wait until a 3800 is released then get the 7 cheaper. It must be soon though as that range have been out since last year.

I would have prefered to have got that for the extra HDMI in but in the end, but both lack of stock + it's almost double the price isn't worth it.

I set it up last night and after a test everything is just SO much clearer, positioning of the surround tracks are much better. 8 years gap between my Sony really shows.

4k now also on every single thing plugged in, it's like I got a new TV :D My OLED has like a new lease of life, 4K and Dolby Vision now intead of just HD.

The only thing i find weird is the sub seems less "big" or wooly. I have a feeling is because i was running it wrong before and got used to it. I found a couple of cables from the sub got disconnected somewhere along the line and i hadn't noticed. The bass is now tighter, don't notice where it comes from.

A very worthwhile upgrade.

CdmmOsj.jpg

Don't worry, I've peeled it off.

Last edited:
Soldato
I would have prefered to have got that for the extra HDMI in but in the end, but both lack of stock + it's almost double the price isn't worth it.

I set it up last night and after a test everything is just SO much clearer, positioning of the surround tracks are much better. 8 years gap between my Sony really shows.

4k now also on every single thing plugged in, it's like I got a new TV :D My OLED has like a new lease of life, 4K and Dolby Vision now intead of just HD.

The only thing i find weird is the sub seems less "big" or wooly. I have a feeling is because i was running it wrong before and got used to it. I found a couple of cables from the sub got disconnected somewhere along the line and i hadn't noticed. The bass is now tighter, don't notice where it comes from.

A very worthwhile upgrade.

CdmmOsj.jpg

Don't worry, I've peeled it off.
I mainly want it as I have a 2200 and want the better audessy. The 2200 can then replace my 1610 which is on my pc.

Back
Top Bottom