anyone still go to/ like McDonald or Burger King?

Associate
I'm not going to lie, I love McDonald's. Probably more than when I was a kid. Love the breakfast, quarter pounder with cheese, double cheeseburger.. extra pickles and extra onions.

It's a guilty pleasure, I know it's rubbish but I don't care.
Nowadays everything is bad and kills you. So don't worry.
At some point even overclocking will cause cancer, BBC will say.

Associate
Used to really like the big tasty, until they changed the sauce, so haven't just it in a year or 2 since sadly. Burger king, while fastfood, is about at good as anything you'd get in a standard pub, just not in a plate. A Whopper is a legitimately nice burger.

Soldato
Used to really like the big tasty, until they changed the sauce, so haven't just it in a year or 2 since sadly. Burger king, while fastfood, is about at good as anything you'd get in a standard pub, just not in a plate. A Whopper is a legitimately nice burger.

Problem I find with Burger King is it's really hit and miss and very very restaurant (I use that term loosely) specific. The one in Chesterfield is absolutely appalling as is the one in Grimsby whereas the one at Warwick Services on the M40 is great.

Soldato
Very rarely nowadays, mostly on long journeys when I'm hungry as they have good coverage across the country. Can't really go wrong with those cheap double cheeseburgers, good value and I might partake in McFlurry as well if they have a flavour I like. Wraps are ok too, normally just nab the special one for the day for £1.99.

I was actually having a conversation with someone about them the other day, I never really saw their burgers as burgers per se, more burger like sandwiches. Patties are just too thin for me to think of anything they serve as a proper burger, not to mention size in general. They still do the job and consistency is one thing McDonald's do well, can't say I ever felt any snobbery towards them but not really a place I go if I feel like treating myself with a cheat.

I do think their saving grace is coverage and now opening hours, three 24 hour branches within 15 minute drive away from my house and seeing how a lot of food places shut around 10pm here, just about the only place to get something after that time. Their breakfast is pretty decent though but I don't eat breakfast in general so very rarely eat that.

Speaking of consistency, it's probably why I can count on my hands how many times I've eaten at Burger King, only one branch in my hometown and it's always been a bit on a shabby side and messy looking. That and I literally saw them microwave a whole burger in a wrapper in front of me one of the first times I've ordered there, fries were not fresh and think that experience just put me off them in general, especially when I could walk few minutes to McDonald's.

I did eat at BK bit more when I lived in US but the menu was better (as was McD's) and helped I walked past it to and from work.

Soldato
McDonalds for me is all about the chicken or signature menu

Tastes of America is sometimes good
Burger king is normally good, although they got rid of the steakhouse which i prefered

Associate
Yep, I get McD's probably once a fortnight or so. Standard order is three bacon double cheeseburgers, large fries. Whack the fries in the burgers, job's a good 'un. Might have a choc shake if in the mood.

Bath has possibly the worst BK in England, so that gets ignored.

Domino's get the odd order too, but that's usually late on as they're open til 5am...

Soldato
I hardly ever go to McDonalds and I go to Burger King even less. I don't dislike their food, but there are so many other better places to go to eat, that I rarely bother.

Soldato
Yep, I get McD's probably once a fortnight or so. Standard order is three bacon double cheeseburgers, large fries.

Woah, is that a new addition or I never noticed there's a bacon version?

I also liked that they had a double quarter pounder in US, that felt a little more like a real burger size wise. Of course back in the day, I used to just get three double cheeseburgers and turn them into one sextuple bad boy :cool:

Associate
Woah, is that a new addition or I never noticed there's a bacon version?

I also liked that they had a double quarter pounder in US, that felt a little more like a real burger size wise. Of course back in the day, I used to just get three double cheeseburgers and turn them into one sextuple bad boy :cool:

They're in the Saver menu. Been around about a year I think.

Associate
To answer the question posed by the title of this thread... NO!

They both suck!

In the past two years I may have gone to McD's twice. Maybe. As for BK I can say with confidence I've not been there at all. Poor service and a less than quality product sends me elsewhere. This applies to both.

There are too many options today for me to settle for either.

Back
Top Bottom