anyone still go to/ like McDonald or Burger King?

Caporegime
To answer the question posed by the title of this thread... NO!

They both suck!

In the past two years I may have gone to McD's twice. Maybe. As for BK I can say with confidence I've not been there at all. Poor service and a less than quality product sends me elsewhere. This applies to both.

There are too many options today for me to settle for either.
How do you know the service and food are bad if you’ve never been there :confused:

Soldato
How do you know the service and food are bad if you’ve never been there :confused:
He probably means he hasn't gone there in the last two years (going by how he framed the paragraph).

The last time I went to BK was when I was as university so around 2002/2003. Hated before then but I went with a group of friends and lost a majority decision I don't remember much other then the chips being cold. McDonald's, probably had one about a year ago,shocked at how expensive the food was and didn't like those order points with the touch screens as the glass probably harboured all kinds of germs and other unhygienic crap but the food is fine for what it is.

Associate
Was very ill off a BK bacon double cheeseburger many years ago. Probably a major cause of going vegetarian for a while. Back on the maccas every so often nowadays but never fancied a BK since!!

Soldato
I was at a burger king several years ago and haven't been back.

I used to always enjoy McDonalds but the last time I went out was vile unfortunately. The bacon double cheeseburger I had tasted like it had been sitting on the shelf for an hour as it was barely warm. Should have went for a big Mac instead!

Also, the strawberry milkshake was just a generic milkshake with strawberry syrup added?! They used to be the best thing McDonalds sold? Was I just unlucky or have they changed the milkshakes?

Caporegime
For some reason we always seem to eat at McDonalds at least once when we go on holiday out of complete and utter convenience.

Nothing to think about.... QPM with cheese and apple pie.

Soldato
I just discovered that Burger King and KFC now deliver in my area through Just Eat. They've got pretty bad reviews though, taking ages to deliver and missing out items, then telling customers to take it up with Just Eat rather than dealing with it themselves.

Soldato
Can't stand the place haven't been their in about 17 years same goes for most junk food places

Pretty much the same for me, but about 8 years or so for me for the burger places.
I was even gutted that I had no choice but to have KFC for the first time in my life in Sri Lanka on work as there was literally nothing else on offer. First and last.

Can’t see why people go there tbh.

Soldato
I tend to find no matter how much I eat at Maccy’s I always feel hungry again not long after so I’ve stopped wasting my money there for the time being

I’m not a big fan of BK, I’ve rarely had a decent meal the few times that I have been there, cold food, soggy fries and very dry bun & patty

Associate
I have a guilty pleasure in the occasional Burger King.

KFC is a no no, makes me queasy after the chicken. I seem to recall it tasting a lot better back in the day.

Soldato
I've been taking my mum shopping each week recently and she always buys us lunch. She's never been to McDonalds (She's 92) but she really likes it. She only has a bacon burger... with the burger removed, just eats the bacon and lettuce and ketchup with the bun.

Last week I had a Big Mac, fries and Cappuccino followed by a second Big Mac on its own, followed by a flake and raspberry McFlurry.

Today I had a Big Mac meal, Cappuccino, followed by a Cheese Quarterpounder followed by two Twix McFlurrys.

Tastes even better when it's free :D

Soldato
I guess I eat a McD's or BK's on a monthly basis. Like last night driving home with the kids from the grandparents (it's 3 hour drive) needed to stop at the services for a bathroom break at 9pm. I had a Whopper Meal and the kids ate the fries. If we're travelling (a couple of hours or more) very normal to choose a McD's to stop with the kids (5 and 6) so they can have a happy meal and we can all use the toilets. Reliable food, in a clean environment that I know we'll all eat.

If I'm after a good burger I'll find the nearest decent independent.

Soldato
It's a bit of a guilty pleasure for me, but I tend to only ever go if I'm driving to a meeting somewhere and I can get a breakfast thing, can't think of the last time I had an actual burger from them!

Soldato
I guess I eat a McD's or BK's on a monthly basis. Like last night driving home with the kids from the grandparents (it's 3 hour drive) needed to stop at the services for a bathroom break at 9pm. I had a Whopper Meal and the kids ate the fries. If we're travelling (a couple of hours or more) very normal to choose a McD's to stop with the kids (5 and 6) so they can have a happy meal and we can all use the toilets. Reliable food, in a clean environment that I know we'll all eat.

If I'm after a good burger I'll find the nearest decent independent.

I think that's the thing. Places like Mcdonalds and Burger King have their place, and if you have kids its a quick, cheap and easy meal. Or if you're heading somewhere then it's fast to just grab and eat in the car.

Soldato
There's convenience .. but I think the art of the sandwich is dieing ... for sure, for outdoor sports (walking/climbing) will prepare sandwiches that morning,
but even for road trips ... nothing beats the excuse/indulgence of a corned beef/sardine/egg sandwich, stopped in a picturesque laybye (or services)
(... do people salivate over McD/BK ? )

[edit should have merited raymonds egg sandwiches]

Soldato
I've had one McDonalds this year, and that was under duress from my friends because we were in a rush. I don't mind it, but I always feel worse off for it and it's not particularly cheap so why bother?

Commissario
I did laugh when they renamed the box of twenty nuggets as a 'Sharebox'.

If I'm buying twenty nuggets, it's because I'm drunk and I want to eat twenty nuggets. Try and steal one, and you're dead :D

For example, this is what happens when three people in full DJs walk into a McD after the works Christmas party.

Mxvyklj.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom