Anyone Using an Asus DSL-AC68U

Soldato
I'll easily give the latest firmware a try so we can compare a weeks worth if stats compared to the old one. See how it goes I guess. I'll start it off tomorrow.

Soldato
LOL im all for hope and trying to solve issues. Even pointing out previously in this thread when things are not the fault of Asus, but really now as a couple of others had said i think its time just admit defeat.

The device is obviously junk, easily must be the most unreliable VDSL device on the market. No doubt this year they will do an AC2xxx or higher device and people will fall for it and hope all over again :D

Its now the 3rd longest thread in this section of the forum LOL

I think I reached that conclusion many pages ago and I'm surprised anyone is still trying to get it to work...

Associate
I bought this, as I returned the Netgear D6400 as I couldn't get on with it - possible fault, and apart from a headache installing the latest software everything is fine. Maybe it's early days.

Associate
The dmt olr defer test firmware didn't help. I got a 7000 CRC error spike a second ago :(. Currently on fastpath, will revert to INP 3 delay 8ms and allow DLM to continue seeing my line as 'green' in hope it will eventually remove the 67M downstream banding. I'll keep saying it, but I still think something is not right with the bitswapping somewhere.

Last edited:
Associate
Anyone else have issues with the Firmware page from the ASUS UK website?
I click on Support & then Drivers & Tools & get nothing where the options for the firmware should be.

Been like that for a few days now.

Associate
I have to hand it to some of you guys for having patience, but if they can't stabalise it in the time they have had so far then there's little doubt they will as it will be coming to the end of it's marketable life soon as new products are released.

Whether or not ASUS have learnt their lesson and admitted defeat with these Mediatek xDSL chipsets is yet to be seen, but saving face and going with either Broadcom or Lantiq or both should really be a major consideration in the design of anything new.

Associate
The dmt olr defer test firmware didn't help. I got a 7000 CRC error spike a second ago :(. Currently on fastpath, will revert to INP 3 delay 8ms and allow DLM to continue seeing my line as 'green' in hope it will eventually remove the 67M downstream banding. I'll keep saying it, but I still think something is not right with the bitswapping somewhere.

The beta defer seems is only good for broadcom exchanges ( i think i have mentioned)
It works good for me even with my broadcom adsl dslam

Associate
I have just had BT infinity 1 installed (5 days ago). The bt wholesale site is saying i should be getting min 35meg bit i am only getting 19. Could some advise on these stats?

Capture.png

Associate
Just pulled the faceplate off the mater socket, connected to the test socket. 38 megs... happy with that

Just for info, i have no crc errors - the modem is working well

Last edited:
Soldato
Ok I was bored sitting at home so decided to try the broadcom exchange tweaked firmware as suggested.

Initial startup saw me losing sync by around 6.5Mb.

I then set ESNP to stable and Rx gain to high performance to try maintain my higher sync rate. It gave me a whopping 1Mb more so currently syncing at 68Mb compared to my 74Mb with the HG612.

Edit: Forgot to enable G.Inp so it is now syncing at 71Mb. Better but still not as good as a £20 modem purchased second hand. Laughable really.

I'll need to leave it as is for now due to having 3 resets changing settings so I'll monitor over the next 24hrs. I can use that time to write a for sale thread.

Last edited:
Associate
Just pulled the faceplate off the mater socket, connected to the test socket. 38 megs... happy with that

Just for info, i have no crc errors - the modem is working well

Sounds like you should buy yourself a new BT Openreach Mk3 faceplate, BT have a habit of not installing these for people any more if you with BT due to the self install crap they do now.

If you search for BT Openreach NTE5a Master Socket, MK3 vDSL/ADSL Filter BackBox IDC Tool Genuine on ebay then you can get everything you need to replace your current master socket etc.

Associate
Ok I was bored sitting at home so decided to try the broadcom exchange tweaked firmware as suggested.

Initial startup saw me losing sync by around 6.5Mb.

I then set ESNP to stable and Rx gain to high performance to try maintain my higher sync rate. It gave me a whopping 1Mb more so currently syncing at 68Mb compared to my 74Mb with the HG612.

That sucks :(

Back
Top Bottom