AOC G2460PF

Associate
OP
Can't say I can put my faith in the email process when they want me to test via vga. I said it is rather pointless as vga would never be used. Also overdrive should be useable over display port.. Wish an aoc rep would comment.. If you are getting an updated panel pcm then I reckon we should be sending them back.. Please post your findings.

Yup - I'm being asked to do the same thing and it's totally pointless.

Even if you could do VGA at 144hz and overdrive worked, that still isn't good enough as:

1) VGA sucks - it needs to die and not return

2) I can't use freesync over VGA

They reply with things like this every 2 days to stall for time as I don't believe tech support understand their product or know how to fix it.

I have asked for my case to be escalated to their engineering team asap.

Associate
OP
PCM - did you measure an input lag figure for the screen in your review at all? I'm keen to know - I still feel like my aim is a little 'off' - if I had to guess, I think the screen has 10ms of input lag...

Soldato
PCM - did you measure an input lag figure for the screen in your review at all? I'm keen to know - I still feel like my aim is a little 'off' - if I had to guess, I think the screen has 10ms of input lag...

No, because that's something I do towards the end and would have to be done on the new revision not the old one. However; I 'feel' that with overdrive disabled at 144Hz that there does seem to be a signal delay akin to the AOC Q2460PQU I tested - so ~10ms as you say.

Associate
Looking forward to your final review with the new revision. Might still pick this up if they get overdrive sorted out. Should be a decent chance to mod freesync to 40-144 at least.

Associate
Yup - I'm being asked to do the same thing and it's totally pointless.

Even if you could do VGA at 144hz and overdrive worked, that still isn't good enough as:

1) VGA sucks - it needs to die and not return

2) I can't use freesync over VGA

They reply with things like this every 2 days to stall for time as I don't believe tech support understand their product or know how to fix it.

I have asked for my case to be escalated to their engineering team asap.

just done the same, cheers.

edit: just had this response from aoc - "It is possible that there is a fault within the on screen menu and may need to be replaced under warranty."

Last edited:
Associate
i have been asked to provide a serial to begin the RMA process and get an exchange. would be great if we had confirmation that they have this issue resolved in a later revision.

edit: for anyone that is interested, aoc have updated the driver on there official page, which seems to include the freesync range in it.
[2460_DP.AddReg]
HKR,"MODES\1920,1080",Mode1,,"160.0-160.0,48.0-146.0,+,+"
HKR,,MaxResolution,,"1920,1080"
HKR,,DPMS,,1
HKR,,ICMProfile,0,"2460G4.icm"

Last edited:
Associate
hi all,

I can only apologise for the overdrive issue found in our 1st batch shipment of G2460PF, we give you our assurance this will be resolved in the very near future and I will keep you informed.

Associate
OP
hi all,

I can only apologise for the overdrive issue found in our 1st batch shipment of G2460PF, we give you our assurance this will be resolved in the very near future and I will keep you informed.

Thank you AOC, this will definitely put people's minds at rest that this has been recognised as an issue and is looking to be addressed.

Any comment on the FreeSync range actually being 48-144hz rather than the 30-160hz you stated previously?

Associate
hi all,

thank you for the comment, does this mean we should carry on with the RMA? i assume so.

Last edited:
Associate
Thank you AOC, this will definitely put people's minds at rest that this has been recognised as an issue and is looking to be addressed.

Any comment on the FreeSync range actually being 48-144hz rather than the 30-160hz you stated previously?

Hi, I am waiting for confirmation of this, as I was informed 30-160hz

Let you know as soon as I get confirmation

Associate
thank you for the comment, does this mean we should carry on with the RMA? i assume so.

I have just contacted our service centre and informed them of the issue, the problem now will be that you will be without a fully working monitor until we are able to resolve the problem in around 2 weeks time.

This is how long it will take us to manage this process fully.

Again, my apologies.

If you need any further information I will be hiding behind the sofa! in a seedy hotel room drinking until the pain dulls!

Associate
I have just contacted our service centre and informed them of the issue, the problem now will be that you will be without a fully working monitor until we are able to resolve the problem in around 2 weeks time.

This is how long it will take us to manage this process fully.

Again, my apologies.

If you need any further information I will be hiding behind the sofa! in a seedy hotel room drinking until the pain dulls!

2 weeks! that means re-wall mounting the old one..(no desk space). so no on site swap over then? if not then i might just send it back for a refund then and wait for something else, really cant be bothered to go through the hassle of an RMA, if its going to mean me having to arrange collection etc...

Associate
2 weeks! that means re-wall mounting the old one..(no desk space). so no on site swap over then? if not then i might just send it back for a refund then and wait for something else, really cant be bothered to go through the hassle of an RMA, if its going to mean me having to arrange collection etc...

either that or hold on to your monitor for a couple of weeks then get in touch

again, my apologies

Associate
either that or hold on to your monitor for a couple of weeks then get in touch

again, my apologies

thank you for responding, so is that a confirmation of no on site swap? no worries, isnt your fault it isnt working, these things happen.

hmm seems oc have taken it off sale and the 27" is pre order, did the 27 suffer the same issues then?

Last edited:
Associate
So, what's the official response to that whole 30-144/160 business and 48-146 limitation in reality? I see it is still advertised as a 30 hz bottom monitor and it's significantly cheaper than g2460pg.

Soldato
So, what's the official response to that whole 30-144/160 business and 48-146 limitation in reality? I see it is still advertised as a 30 hz bottom monitor and it's significantly cheaper than g2460pg.

Where are you seeing it advertised with a 30Hz bottom limit?

That's the problem with most freesync monitors, the freesync range isn't on the product page.

AOC stopped replying to my support e-mails so I gave up as well, I have an RMA number and it will be going back next week. I won't buy another one now even if they fix the overdrive and freesync range. Their support has been basically non existent

Back
Top Bottom