AOC G2460PF

Soldato
I got messy looking monitor fixed on 144hz... Now for my last noob question hopefully. Is there anyway to know that freesync is working as in the monitor settings I don't see an option to turn it on or off and the freesync demo for me works at only 60FPS still only for some reason.

I would be super thankful if someone could answer this and so far I have been grateful for all the answers and help.

It says '(FreeSync)' in the information section of OSD (where it lists resolution and refresh rate) if it is active. Not sure about the FreeSync demo and it only being 60fps. Also if you're still suffering from a yellow tint, reducing the red and green channels slightly may do the trick.

Associate
It says '(FreeSync)' in the information section of OSD (where it lists resolution and refresh rate) if it is active. Not sure about the FreeSync demo and it only being 60fps. Also if you're still suffering from a yellow tint, reducing the red and green channels slightly may do the trick.

It doesn't say freesync there. For me these things are listed and also thanks

OSD SETUP

Language: English
Timeout: 10
DP Capability: 1.2
H.position: 60
V.position: 0
Transparence: 25
Break Reminder: Off

I see no mention of Freesync anywhere in the monitor settings and it's turned on from my GPU settings.

Soldato
It doesn't say freesync there. For me these things are listed and also thanks

OSD SETUP

Language: English
Timeout: 10
DP Capability: 1.2
H.position: 60
V.position: 0
Transparence: 25
Break Reminder: Off

I see no mention of Freesync anywhere in the monitor settings and it's turned on from my GPU settings.

Refer to the end of my OSD video from the review. About 9 minutes in - http://youtu.be/EZs93GgXaKg .

Associate
Refer to the end of my OSD video from the review. About 9 minutes in - http://youtu.be/EZs93GgXaKg .

I feel like all of the issues are gone, but to be honest this monitor looks like ****. Grainy and lots of color banding, so I have been thinking of returning it and going 60HZ IPS instead as it was not enjoyable experience to watch movies with this, while for gaming this works. So I was wondering as you have reviewed some monitors do you know any good monitor in 300€ price range which has good panel and great colors?

Associate
Instead of returning this I guess I will get a 2nd screen as IPS and keep this as gaming monitor. Anyways when I tried to calibrate this I feel like I messed up somewhere. When I boot up my screen is neutral for few seconds and my wallpaper looks godly, but after some seconds the screen turn into yellowish and I just cannot calibrate this right... I tried reseting the settings, but didn't help.. My user profile settings are at what I put them even after reset.

Associate
Mpt, it sounds like an icm profile is being applied(perhaps a borked profile?) as that's what happens when you use a profile. When you update/install the aoc driver, it also installs aoc's default icc profile. So either try reinstalling the monitor driver, or deleting your icc profiles and re applying them.

Last edited:
Associate
anything about the certified driver yet?

just waiting on third parties, or some more fundamental issue?

sorry if it's out btw, haven't looked on AOC's site, I must admit.

* no, not on AOC site, as far as I can see.

Soldato
Have the issues with these monitors been fixed, would it be stupid to buy one now?

Yeah same question from me, quite tempted at the price, though disappointing that the new driver still doesn't seem to be on the AOC site. I assume the ones for sale here have the new firmware?

Alternatively, anyone know if there are any other 24" Freesync screens on the way?

Associate
Yeah same question from me, quite tempted at the price, though disappointing that the new driver still doesn't seem to be on the AOC site. I assume the ones for sale here have the new firmware?

Alternatively, anyone know if there are any other 24" Freesync screens on the way?

The continued situation concerning the release of the 'official' replacement driver is extraordinarily ... poor on AOC's part.

Has the rep that posted in this thread 'moved on' and is no longer with them? - the lack of updates, if not, is really hard to understand.

As I understand it from this thead:

1) anyone who's purchased this monitor and is unaware of this thread will not be getting the freesync performance advertised on AOC's site.

2) among those who are aware, and who d/loaded the 'unofficial' driver linked to by said rep earlier in the thread, there seems to be some confusion as to whether it (the replacement driver) is improving freesync performance or not - and certainly not down to 30hz.

There is another 'unofficial' driver around which does give freesync down to 30 hz, but this is even less 'available', generally.

Overdrive is another matter -and would appear to have been rectified with the new firmware.

Come on AOC - give us some sort of meaningful update re: the driver.

*** good grief ... my brain these days (too much computer gaming ...) - in 2) above, I've corrected to 'aware' from 'unaware'.

I"m not unhappy with the monitor, and the UK CS firm for AOC were very good indeed in terms of replacing my unit with a re-firmwared model.
for £200 it has some compelling features - at least as long as you've access to the 'good' beta driver.
Also, I have had flickering problems, most noticeable at 144hz - although that may not be down to the monitor anyway, as it's not been mentioned elsewhere, afaik.

Last edited:
Associate
First of all thanks to PCM2 for the test and icc profile.
I got the monitor this week and still have the box open next to my desk, unsure if I need it to send the monitor back.

Problems I ran into:

Freesync at 144Hz flickers in most of my games and the Freesync windmill demo but this could also be a driver issue with AMD regarding the latest patch notes of the new Crimson Software update.
Set it to 120Hz to get rid of it. But still ...

More concerning than the bad colours (corrected with icc profile) is the backlight bleeding. It's abysmal.

But the real bummer is the Freesync range. I don't have optical drives anymore so I went to aoc-europe.com for driver download. But there is none. No driver.
So the tech that sold the monitor to me kicks in at Windows default of 50 Fps instead of 35 Fps. I figured I need to find my old laptop at the attic to thumbdrive the driver.
But then I still would only get a bottom of 48 Fps?

I really need AOC to get their hit together with this driver.

Last edited:
Associate
Humbug - not clear from your post if you've seen earlier in the thread (a couple of pages back I think) where the AOCrep surfaced again, and posted a link to an uncertified new driver.

It's not clear how much of an improvement it is in terms of freesync floor hz, but worth a go: PCM2 thought it was showing good figures, I think, even though a couple of user testimonies seemed to contradict that.

* to clarify: the original 'official' driver that comes on the CD with the monitor isn't much cop (again, about 48hz).

** also, interesting to see you mention the flickering that I, too, have commentated on.
no-one else seems to have enountered it.

First of all thanks to PCM2 for the test and icc profile.
I got the monitor this week and still have the box open next to my desk, unsure if I need it to send the monitor back.

Problems I ran into:

Freesync at 144Hz flickers in most of my games and the Freesync windmill demo but this could also be a driver issue with AMD regarding the latest patch notes of the new Crimson Software update.
Set it to 120Hz to get rid of it. But still ...

More concerning than the bad colours (corrected with icc profile) is the backlight bleeding. It's abysmal.

But the real bummer is the Freesync range. I don't have optical drives anymore so I went to aoc-europe.com for driver download. But there is none. No driver.
So the tech that sold the monitor to me kicks in at Windows default of 50 Fps instead of 35 Fps. I figured I need to find my old laptop at the attic to thumbdrive the driver.
But then I still would only get a bottom of 48 Fps?

I really need AOC to get their hit together with this driver.

Last edited:
Soldato
Humbug - not clear from your post if you've seen earlier in the thread (a couple of pages back I think) where the AOCrep surfaced again, and posted a link to an uncertified new driver.

It's not clear how much of an improvement it is in terms of freesync floor hz, but worth a go: PCM2 thought it was showing good figures, I think, even though a couple of user testimonies seemed to contradict that.

* to clarify: the original 'official' driver that comes on the CD with the monitor isn't much cop (again, about 48hz).

** also, interesting to see you mention the flickering that I, too, have commentated on.
no-one else seems to have enountered it.

The driver I used was different to that posted. It was a beta driver I was supplied for the review. And it certainly worked with a 35Hz floor as intended, no two ways about it.

Edit: Sorry, you're aware of that... But either way, it was certainly doing its thing down to 35Hz.

Last edited:
Associate
The driver I used was different to that posted. It was a beta driver I was supplied for the review. And it certainly worked with a 35Hz floor as intended, no two ways about it.

Edit: Sorry, you're aware of that... But either way, it was certainly doing its thing down to 35Hz.

just can't understand why, at least, the beta driver you had access to hasn't been made readily available by AOC.

Henson hasn't posted again concerning the performance of the AOCrep's 'beta driver' - be interesting to hear whether he ended up getting the advertised freesync performance with it or not.

Associate
just can't understand why, at least, the beta driver you had access to hasn't been made readily available by AOC.

Henson hasn't posted again concerning the performance of the AOCrep's 'beta driver' - be interesting to hear whether he ended up getting the advertised freesync performance with it or not.

mine is still working at 48hz to 144hz with the beta driver and i have given up trying to resolve it. i am waiting for the official driver. although i am not sure why its taking so long, apart from maybe there is an issue and its had to be re-tested/resolved and gone of for re certification(don't quote me on that though).

Back
Top Bottom