AOC G2460PF

mine is still working at 48hz to 144hz with the beta driver and i have given up trying to resolve it. i am waiting for the official driver. although i am not sure why its taking so long, apart from maybe there is an issue and its had to be re-tested/resolved and gone of for re certification(don't quote me on that though).

thanks for the update, Henson.

AOC really need to put something on the item webpage about the release of the certified driver.

Last edited:
mine is still working at 48hz to 144hz with the beta driver and i have given up trying to resolve it. i am waiting for the official driver. although i am not sure why its taking so long, apart from maybe there is an issue and its had to be re-tested/resolved and gone of for re certification(don't quote me on that though).

If you have the time, could you download the 'monitor asset manager' (http://www.entechtaiwan.com/files/mi_setup.exe) and tell me what it says under 'Timing characteristics' for 'Vertical scan range'?

Last edited:
i did post previous screenshots here with the timings on them - after a few reboots,when the driver was installed. would you still like me to go ahead and do it again?
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=28806153&postcount=298

Sorry, I'm a busy man and that post slipped past my radar. ;)

There is something wrong with the driver or how it is installed. It is confusing indeed, I can't see what you did wrong at all in how you installed it. It should definitely say 35Hz for the lower end of the vertical refresh rate - it did on the driver I was using.

Is anybody else here who is using the driver able to confirm what the monitor asset manager is telling them?

Last edited:
Sorry, I'm a busy man and that post slipped past my radar. ;)

There is something wrong with the driver or how it is installed. It is confusing indeed, I can't see what you did wrong at all in how you installed it. It should definitely say 35Hz for the lower end of the vertical refresh rate - it did on the driver I was using.

Is anybody else here who is using the driver able to confirm what the monitor asset manager is telling them?

Hello,

I have the same problem with drivers

http://www7.zippyshare.com/v/SdztFL9n/file.html
http://www7.zippyshare.com/v/216Mhtt1/file.html

When v2 of the screen was launched.

Thanks

Right.... I'm really not sure what's going on with these drivers, but I am going to be in contact with AOC about this. In the meantime I have uploaded the drivers I was provided for the review. These worked properly for the FreeSync range and can be found in the review itself or on my Twitter - https://twitter.com/pcmonitors/status/671606049569447936.

thank you pcm as always, i will test tonight and confirm my findings. it may be a windows 10 issue. either way tonight we should find out.

Right.... I'm really not sure what's going on with these drivers, but I am going to be in contact with AOC about this. In the meantime I have uploaded the drivers I was provided for the review. These worked properly for the FreeSync range and can be found in the review itself or on my Twitter - https://twitter.com/pcmonitors/status/671606049569447936.

Good stuff PCM2.

AOC's failure to make this (successfully) available themselves remains completely baffling, and an awful 'own-goal'.

I wonder if the rep's link to the 'new' beta driver was incorrect? Although you'd think they'd have checked, given the feedback in this thread .... :confused:

Last edited:
By the way: anecdotal evidence, obviously, but I noticed that the new crimson AMD drivers mentioned an improvement to fps smoothness below the freesync 'floor' and for me this has proved to be the case.

dropping to 30fps and below is now noticeably smoother than previously.

I can't comment on some of the issues others are mentioning in the thread in the GPU sub-forum, but in this one area the drivers are performing as advertised.

(I'm on Windows 10 64 bit).

By the way: anecdotal evidence, obviously, but I noticed that the new crimson AMD drivers mentioned an improvement to fps smoothness below the freesync 'floor' and for me this has proved to be the case.

dropping to 30fps and below is now noticeably smoother than previously.

I can't comment on some of the issues others are mentioning in the thread in the GPU sub-forum, but in this one area the drivers are performing as advertised.

(I'm on Windows 10 64 bit).

i know amd have removed the tearing that occurs when you go from 48/35 to say 40/30 fps, i think they have improved the move from freesync to vsync when dropping below the freesync range.

perhaps its not windows 10 causing the issue then.

i know amd have removed the tearing that occurs when you go from 48/35 to say 40/30 fps, i think they have improved the move from freesync to vsync when dropping below the freesync range.

perhaps its not windows 10 causing the issue then.

basically when I was dropping below my freesync range pre-Crimson, I got the 'v-sync stutter'.
Now - even though it's obvious (of course) that fps is low, it's still 'smooth'.

This is the icing on the cake in terms of what I was hoping for from freesync (touch wood) so, despite misgivings in other areas (e.g. flickering at 144hz as mentioned), I'm basically quite happy with the monitor as things stand.

I'm not a FPshooter player by and large, so the range above 60hz isn't that important to me.

basically when I was dropping below my freesync range pre-Crimson, I got the 'v-sync stutter'.
Now - even though it's obvious (of course) that fps is low, it's still 'smooth'.

This is the icing on the cake in terms of what I was hoping for from freesync (touch wood) so, despite misgivings in other areas (e.g. flickering at 144hz as mentioned), I'm basically quite happy with the monitor as things stand.

I'm not a FPshooter player by and large, so the range above 60hz isn't that important to me.

hopefully, freesync will go from strength to strength as it is still in early stages.

i hope they also fix the annoying issue of display corruption with freesync enabled and launching games in fullscreeen mode occasionally.(alt tabbing a few times normally fixes this)

the flickering at 144hz, was it because you were jumping outside of the freesync range? have you tested this recently with crimson? i run mine at 120 as at 144 the memory clocks do not down clock when idle at 144, i do however run games at 144 where the game allows an override and cant say i have noticed any flickering i do however use a frame limiter.

perhaps you are jumping in and out of the range and that is causing the flicker.

Last edited:
Flickering at 144Hz is a non-issue for me because I would have bought the monitor if it was advertised as 120Hz and I think it will be resolved either by AMD or AOC drivers.
But that Freesync floor really bugs me.

Thanks again for your help PCM2 providing your beta driver. Will report back tonight when I have had a look.

[...]

the flickering at 144hz, was it because you were jumping outside of the freesync range? have you tested this recently with crimson? i run mine at 120 as at 144 the memory clocks do not down clock when idle at 144, i do however run games at 144 where the game allows an override and cant say i have noticed any flickering i do however use a frame limiter.

perhaps you are jumping in and out of the range and that is causing the flicker.

Seconding Barnacles I have observed flickering at 144Hz with the Freesync windmill demo and various games. It's most salient bottom-right side of the screen for me.

Back
Top Bottom