AOC Q3279VWF - FreeSync,VA,qHD 31.5 inch monitor for £249! (ONLY £199 AT OcUK FOR BLACK FRIDAY)!!

Associate
Would this be a good upgrade for my 2012 Dell UltraSharp U2412M 24" Widescreen LED Monitor which has 1920 x 1200 res, 60Hz refresh. Mainly used for gaming. I have a MSI 390 so would be able to use the Freesync which is not on the Dell.

Last edited:
Associate
Try setting overdrive to medium and alter your colour settings using nvidea control panel. I felt this way the first game of PUBG but since fiddling around with it i cant say i notice any ghosting. As for banding i never noticed this

It was in pubg that the ghosting was at its worst for me, what colour settings did you go for?

Associate
Try setting overdrive to medium and alter your colour settings using nvidea control panel. I felt this way the first game of PUBG but since fiddling around with it i cant say i notice any ghosting. As for banding i never noticed this

I've already tried all of that. I don't have issues with the colour, gamma3 fixed the blue tint for me. Was overdrive the only setting that helps ghosting?

Would this be a good upgrade for my 2012 Dell UltraSharp U2412M 24" Widescreen LED Monitor which has 1920 x 1200 res, 60Hz refresh. Mainly used for gaming. I have a MSI 390 so would be able to use the Freesync which is not on the Dell.

I have that monitor as well and it has no ghosting at all which means you're far more likely to be bothered by it on the AOC than if you upgraded from something else.

Associate
Thanks, maybe I will keep with what I have for now then as play a lot of PUBG and seems that it is noticeable in that game, coupled with what you have said it would probably be one of those things I would never be happy with

Soldato
Received one of these today to give it a go. Quite impressed with many aspects of it. The blacks put any IPS monitor I've ever used to shame, including the extremely high end stuff. They're ridiculously good. One of the advantages of VA I suppose. I'm also surprised by just how usable 32" is for general desktop use. I thought it'd feel too big, but it's not really any different from a 27" panel. Not done any gaming on it yet, but as a holdover until some actual new monitors pushing things forward arrive next year, it seems pretty promising.

Associate
(((The system has detected a problem with the connection between your computer and the DisplayPort display that will prevent you from using the highest resolutions and/or refresh rates. For more information, click on "Help".)))

any idea why this keep on happening every time i reboot pc ? resolution stays the same but refresh rate drops from 75Hz to 60Hz & i can no longer select 75Hz

Associate
So here are a couple of YT vids of how bad the ghosting is for me, one just moving the steam window around (watch the mouse pointer) and another of scrolling up and down the menu in pubg.

https://youtu.be/gNQQKpcyIlo

https://youtu.be/at__xYlvcYQ

It's as bad to my eyes as it is on the video made on my phone.... should have know £200 was too good to be true...

Mine is just as bad, possibly a little worse. Going to try a few tweaks, but it's going back unless there's a marked improvement :(
edit: It's so bad my mouse cursor turns yellow when dragging across a black background!

Last edited:
Soldato
Here's a positive video of mine

And one that really shows it's weakness
As a screen for browsing, watching videos on Amazon or Netflix / Kodi it really surpasses my 24" LG IPS, with greater blacks and a depth of shadow. It's great for a bedroom screen.

Associate
can someone please explain why the bellow youtube videos look bad, i can't watch them without getting a headache i'm not sure if it's because of this monitor or if it's just poor quality uploads ?

Associate
Got mine today. It's huge. Looks bigger than I expected (coming from a 24"). I suspect 27" would be my sweet spot for a monitor tbh.
Was worried about the reported blue tint issue but on standard settings out the box the colours looked fine and with a bit of tweaking and it actually looks great.
No dead pixels, uniform lighting, no banding.
75Hz and freesync work fine on my RX580. Had to turn some settings down on a couple games I tried to maintain close to 75fps@1440p, but they do look sharp/vibrant I have to say :) A Vega would probably be ideal card for driving this monitor (if only they were available/affordable :p )

Sadly however, the ghosting is horrendous, even on what seems to be the optimal Overdrive setting of Medium. Scrolling through a certain deals site with white backgrounds for each deal with a grey separator line between each one and I can see the grey bars staying on the screen in their original position long after they've scrolled up/down. Heck, even just noticed a deal for a coffeemug... not the darkest object/pic in the world and even the silouhette of that stays visible after the image has cleared it's original position (I hope I'm making sense). Anything with black bars leaves massive trailing as you drag it around. I think it's a dealbreaker for me, which is a shame as in every other respect this monitor seems excellent :(

Associate
i just noticed while trying to position the monitor any slight movement & the monitor will switch off,i have made sure the power lead is fully inserted in the back of the monitor but it's still happening !! anyone has the same issue ?

Back
Top Bottom