AOC Q3279VWF - FreeSync,VA,qHD 31.5 inch monitor for £249! (ONLY £199 AT OcUK FOR BLACK FRIDAY)!!

Soldato
Really tempted by this screen at this price - I'd be upgrading(?) from a BenQ GW2765 27" 1440p monitor which I believe is an IPS panel and is 60Hz - is the 75Hz refresh rate and "MVA" display going to give me a better experience? (nvidia GPU BTW!)- the other reason I'm considering this one, other than the price, is that I loved the extra real estate I got going from a 24" to a 27" screen so I'm assuming I'll get a similar bump here too?

Anyone know how this screen will stack up against the BenQ??

Associate
I had this for about 3h, but I'm already loving it. Must admit I haven't had a chance to game on it, but the colours are much better than on my previous 24inch monitor. However, the only thing I've noticed is that I can see my reflection if there is too much light in my room. Haven't applied the optimised OSD settings and the ICC monitor profile, will do that now, but even without those I'm really loving this monitor. Great choice.

Associate
Really tempted by this screen at this price - I'd be upgrading(?) from a BenQ GW2765 27" 1440p monitor which I believe is an IPS panel and is 60Hz - is the 75Hz refresh rate and "MVA" display going to give me a better experience? (nvidia GPU BTW!)- the other reason I'm considering this one, other than the price, is that I loved the extra real estate I got going from a 24" to a 27" screen so I'm assuming I'll get a similar bump here too?

Anyone know how this screen will stack up against the BenQ??

I can't comment on the BenQ directly but I also went from a 27" 1440p IPS 60Hz monitor, with an NVidia GPU (GTX 970), so I suppose comparisons could be made. I only just got mine today and I've spent the last couple of hours messing around with settings, etc.

Obviously the pixel density is lower on this screen given that it's 31.5" v 27" at the same resolution, and it does take a little bit to get used to it. It's only been a few hours but I've pretty much adjusted.

The real selling point is obviously the 'real estate'. It feels significantly bigger than my 27" monitor, and having two browser windows open side by side is great, and significantly easier to read than having two on my 27". It really is bloody massive for a monitor.

Last edited:
Associate
Mines arrived, used it on and off since about 2 pm. 75hz set changed some settings and its perfect. Just played some WOW on it and it's fantastic. Huge monitor but already used to it.

Using a amd 390

Associate
Yes it may help. I’m not sure that I had the option for 75 when I first switched the monitor on - was running on generic pnp monitor drivers. After I’d installed the drivers from the AOC disk I was able to select 75Hz.

I’m only running a GTX750TI but works really well on Diablo 3.

OcUK Staff
Had more stock arrive yesterday guys, so keep the orders coming we got plenty around and our competitors still have little to none, so get one ordered today for delivery tomorrow. :)

Associate
Well the Mrs absolutely loves hers - she went from a 22" Dell P2214H so not a massive surprise there :)

Me on on the other hand, pretty underwhelmed as it stands. The dark shades smearing is awful, fine in bright areas but dark games are painful to look at.
EDIT: The effect is like the darker shades have lag on them, very disconcerting and ruins atmosphere, at least for me. The other half isn't bothered.

Also have a lot of banding on them, really surprised at that. Coming from a Dell U2515H it feels like a downgrade :(

Hopefully it's all because I am an idiot and have missed a setting somewhere, otherwise I will be getting rid of mine.

Last edited:
Associate
Well the Mrs absolutely loves hers - she went from a 22" Dell P2214H so not a massive surprise there :)

Me on on the other hand, pretty underwhelmed as it stands. The dark shades smearing is awful, fine in bright areas but dark games are painful to look at.
EDIT: The effect is like the darker shades have lag on them, very disconcerting and ruins atmosphere, at least for me. The other half isn't bothered.

Also have a lot of banding on them, really surprised at that. Coming from a Dell U2515H it feels like a downgrade :(

Hopefully it's all because I am an idiot and have missed a setting somewhere, otherwise I will be getting rid of mine.

Have you applied the OSD optimised settings and the ICC Profile suggested in this
review : - https://pcmonitors.info/reviews/aoc-q3279vwf/
Just look for the sections and apply those settings Optimal OSD Settings & Test Settings (ICC profile)

It definitely makes a difference.

Associate
Got it up and running, but don't have 75hz in drop down? Am using 1080 gtx and upgraded to latest graphics drivers yesterday. Do I need to install monitor drivers from disk?

I could pick 75Hz from the NVidia control panel without installing any drivers, connected by display port, as per pic. Would think would be same for 1080 (I have a 970).

https://imgur.com/Dr60N7R

Associate
Have you applied the OSD optimised settings and the ICC Profile suggested in this
Just look for the sections and apply those settings Optimal OSD Settings & Test Settings (ICC profile)

I have loaded the ICC profile as per the instructions but it really doesn't appear to make any difference at all. Did it actually have any noticeable effect for you?

Associate

Yes I have already changed settings as per the PCM review, hence my disappointment.

I am going to reset everything and try again tonight to eliminate any mistakes I may have made - doesn't matter how much experience you have, it is still possible to fcuk it up :)

Associate
Just received my three, sadly two of them have multiple dead pixels and the third has an issue with the HDMI connection. :( slightly disappointed. Other than the pixels, this AOC has impressed me more than the Omen when it comes to uniformity, they have banding but its only slight and uniform across the entire screen and not one thick noticeable band in the centre.

Back
Top Bottom