AOC Q3279VWF - FreeSync,VA,qHD 31.5 inch monitor for £249! (ONLY £199 AT OcUK FOR BLACK FRIDAY)!!

Soldato
I had the Omen and the cheaper Pavilion. They both were better than the AOC when it came to ghosting, I didn’t notice any. The build quality is also far, far better especially the stand which is solid metal and very heavy meaning zero wobble. Lastly they had better viewing angles, more so horizontal which I have noticed on my AOC’s tends to invert when looked at from above, something I never noticed on both HP’s.

That said I find this AOC far more comfortable to use as it has a far less noticeable antiglare coating being semi gloss (the HP’s are fully matte and had a slight haze to them) The AOC’s still have the punchy colours, very similar to the HP’s but not as warm in my opinion. The deal killer on the HP’s was the panel uniformity which was terrible, very noticeable in your face vertical banding on both examples.

Strange. I've used a bunch of OMEN screens from different batches and all have been great. They put a lot of much more expensive screens to shame.

Soldato
Theres no speakers built into this monitor? :confused:

yeah, no speakers except a pass-through 3.5mm jack, to hook speakers/headphones up to

LOL fair enough, could have sworn they worked when I first got it... must have confused it with my PC speakers :D

The volume controls are what threw me, are they purely for the pass through then ??

Associate
I really like this monitor, for general web browsing, video editing and similar. For gaming it's better then my Dell 2312hm because freesync is great. The ghosting is about the same.

Associate
Hey guys, i calibrated monitor using pcmonitors.info page/review.
I just dont like their ICC profile, it make dark to dark, and i tend to get lost in dark scenes in games, didnt like it.
I disabled ICC, but kept their monitor settings,
except i put GAME COLOR setting on 11 instead default 10. (saturation)?
i like it eaven more now but cant find anywhere on web if that setting should be used or not.
Also still cant deciede overdrive on weak or medium.

Associate
Hey guys, i calibrated monitor using pcmonitors.info page/review.
I just dont like their ICC profile, it make dark to dark, and i tend to get lost in dark scenes in games, didnt like it.
I disabled ICC, but kept their monitor settings,
except i put GAME COLOR setting on 11 instead default 10. (saturation)?
i like it eaven more now but cant find anywhere on web if that setting should be used or not.
Also still cant deciede overdrive on weak or medium.

Have you tried the ICC profile delivered with the drivers?

I prefere overdrive on medium as there is no inverse ghosting visible.

Associate
https://www.tomshw.it/forum/attachments/15182596108931356032707047931489-jpg.279947/

Hi to all, thanks a lot for possibility of communicate, this is my first post and obviously apologies for my Google english.
I would ask for help because I got my aoc q3279vwf a few days ago and now I don't know if I'll hold or ask for a substitute or for refund.

At the moment I haven't a pc, I'm planning to assemble one and my Aoc is linked to a chuwi hi10 plus tablet by mini hdmi.

Some things don't feel me right :
1) as in the picture above, my panel, mostly if I'm looking to the side, hasn't a uniform luminance.

2)colors appear washed out, despite I changed osd inputs as pcmonitors recommended.

3)looking a mkv film "rogue one" I noticed in dark scenes a loss of definition...dark areas pixelated with square boxes..

Thank a lot if someone could help.

Last edited:
Associate
https://www.tomshw.it/forum/attachments/15182596108931356032707047931489-jpg.279947/

Hi to all, thanks a lot for possibility of communicate, this is my first post and obviously apologies for my Google english.
I would ask for help because I got my aoc q3279vwf a few days ago and now I don't know if I'll hold or ask for a substitute or for refund.

At the moment I haven't a pc, I'm planning to assemble one and my Aoc is linked to a chuwi hi10 plus tablet by mini hdmi.

Some things don't feel me right :
1) as in the picture above, my panel, mostly if I'm looking to the side, hasn't a uniform luminance.

2)colors appear washed out, despite I changed osd inputs as pcmonitors recommended.

3)looking a mkv film "rogue one" I noticed in dark scenes a loss of definition...dark areas pixelated with square boxes..

Thank a lot if someone could help.

1) Where did you test this? What brightness settings?

2) Colors are vibrant here more lifelike than a lot of ips panels I have seen. But there is lots of color uniformity if you are viewing from angles.

3) This sounds like a codec issue as I don't have this with mkv movies, only when watching netflix.

Associate
1) Where did you test this? What brightness settings?

2) Colors are vibrant here more lifelike than a lot of ips panels I have seen. But there is lots of color uniformity if you are viewing from angles.

3) This sounds like a codec issue as I don't have this with mkv movies, only when watching netflix.
Thanks for your answer...
I used an app from windows store.. "display tester" if I'm not wrong..

I ask Amazon for refund.. I wasn't entirely satisfied by the product..

I bought two units and both had some points on the screen of dissimilarity of brightness..only visible on dark screen.

Associate
Is it possible to "overclock" the monitor and how does it look pixel wise can you see the individual pixels sort of like on an old 22 inch 1080p monitor ?

Not @2560x1440. Pixel density is as good as a 24 inch 1080p monitor. So you won't see any individual pixels.

Back
Top Bottom