AOC Q3279VWF - FreeSync,VA,qHD 31.5 inch monitor for £249! (ONLY £199 AT OcUK FOR BLACK FRIDAY)!!

Man of Honour
So it isn't always necessary to create a custom resolution.
oh? it didn't on my 1080ti (also via dp), although windows said 75hz, the monitor was only outputting 60hz (i checked on the monitor settings under 'extra' - v freq was still 60hz)
only when i created a custom setting did the monitor change to 75hz - made the ghosting much less apparent too...

Associate
60hz is the default, but 75hz is an official option in the EDID. Runs perfectly fine at 75hz on my GTX 970, which is good because I specifically disqualified the HPs for having issues with Nvidia cards.

Did anyone successfully lower the lower Freesync bound to 37hz, for LFC, by the way? I can't upgrade to AMD for now for obvious reasons, but I plan to eventually point for Freesync

Associate
Had this monitor since Xmas time, now I don't know if this is or has been an AMD issue driver wise ( Running amd 390 with this ) But the resolution and the Hz have been changing their self every once and while when I turn the computer on. Quite a few times a week in some cases.

It can change its self to 800 by 600, have updated the GPU to the latest build and touch wood since that its been ok. Wondering if anyone has had this?

Associate
Had this monitor since Xmas time, now I don't know if this is or has been an AMD issue driver wise ( Running amd 390 with this ) But the resolution and the Hz have been changing their self every once and while when I turn the computer on. Quite a few times a week in some cases.

It can change its self to 800 by 600, have updated the GPU to the latest build and touch wood since that its been ok. Wondering if anyone has had this?

I have a R390 and never had this problem. Always stays locked @75hz. However when I update the AMD drivers the one I have on hdmi resets to 60hz everytime. Maybe you are having a lot of amd updates lately? Still does not explain the resolution change so it's probably something windows / drivers related...

Associate

Yes I get this a few times, got it last night in fact. Using an R9 380. I also get a Display Link error in Radeon Settings on login to Windows.

I've noticed if I switch both the monitor and computer on at exactly the same time I get this problem frequently. If I switch on the monitor and wait a few seconds before turning the computer on, I don't see the problem.

Associate
Yes I get this a few times, got it last night in fact. Using an R9 380. I also get a Display Link error in Radeon Settings on login to Windows.

I've noticed if I switch both the monitor and computer on at exactly the same time I get this problem frequently. If I switch on the monitor and wait a few seconds before turning the computer on, I don't see the problem.

Never had this problem before with an msi 390. Do you first clean your driver or do you just update using the crimson panel? What os are you using? Im on 10.

Associate
Really Like this monitor, gutted it does not have a VESA mount and the conversion kits say only for Landscape Mode. Really wanted to replace my 5 monitor setup (for work etc) with 3 of these two in portrait and one in landscape on my mounting arms.. Price wise nothing seems to come close.. gutted is not the word.

Associate
I had the Omen and the cheaper Pavilion. They both were better than the AOC when it came to ghosting, I didn’t notice any. The build quality is also far, far better especially the stand which is solid metal and very heavy meaning zero wobble. Lastly they had better viewing angles, more so horizontal which I have noticed on my AOC’s tends to invert when looked at from above, something I never noticed on both HP’s.

That said I find this AOC far more comfortable to use as it has a far less noticeable antiglare coating being semi gloss (the HP’s are fully matte and had a slight haze to them) The AOC’s still have the punchy colours, very similar to the HP’s but not as warm in my opinion. The deal killer on the HP’s was the panel uniformity which was terrible, very noticeable in your face vertical banding on both examples.
Hi. I'm undecided between this monitor AOC and the HP Omen 32 .. How color and contrast are similar? I have read in various reviews and even in this forum that the colors appear faded in the AOC .. Is it true or does it need special settings? I'm not very expert about it so I would be tempted to go for the Omen 32 but it seemed a bit too bright.. What do you recommend?

Associate
So early reports mentioned Ghosting in game, I play occasional PUBG and also edit photos on my pc is this monitor suitable or should I just spend the money on something else?

Matt

Man of Honour
@Matt_Hirst yes, ghosting is evident for this monitor as it uses older tech VA panels and not the latest and greatest.

for £200 it is a very good, well specced, budget panel. but it is what it is...a budget panel.
you can't expect ferrari performance by paying fiesta money :)

if that's all the budget you have then this monitor (32" QHD 75hz freesync) is very good for the money.
but if you can afford something better then i wouldn't recommend this monitor

Back
Top Bottom