AOC Q3279VWF - FreeSync,VA,qHD 31.5 inch monitor for £249! (ONLY £199 AT OcUK FOR BLACK FRIDAY)!!

Associate
Xbox One X has 1440p and FreeSync support, so it should work fine.

I'm not aware of anyone actually trying it and reporting the results though.

Associate
Have an Xbox One X and this monitor. Tested it today and the xbox automatically detects variable framerate tech with this screen, so yes apparently FreeSync does work. Surprised me as I thought the xb1x needed FreeSync2 like on the CHG70 series.

Associate
So what is the overall verdict on this monitor?
Seems like most people like it, and while it's slower than an IPS panel, it still pretty decent.
Also, any word on 75hz working with nvidia cards?
I'd imagine it doesn't show that refresh rate as an option on nvidia cards you could probably just expose it using CRU.

Associate
I like mine quite a bit. No pixel defects, nice contrast, a huge step up from my previous 24" 1080p TN. Due to similar dpi I did not need to adjust to screen content suddenly getting smaller or larger. :)

Downsides:
  • ghosting (can be reduced to acceptable levels with medium overdrive setting)
  • viewing angles are worse than IPS (but better than TN)
  • the VESA mount adapter is out of stock, whether it will be re-stocked is unknown
75 Hz works fine here with AMD. The 75 Hz problem with NVidia was some HP Monitor I think, but the AOC reportedly has no issues.
I bought three of these in a row and each of them were either 'actually defective' e.g a whole row of dead pixels appearing after a few hours usage or may as well have been defective with crazy purple colour shift and dirty screen effect. Samsung's QC has gone straight down the toilet.
I'm not sure I follow. This thread is about the AOC Q3279VWF. Are you saying that some Samsung monitors you had previously were bad?

jcr

jcr

Associate
So what is the overall verdict on this monitor?
Seems like most people like it, and while it's slower than an IPS panel, it still pretty decent.
Also, any word on 75hz working with nvidia cards?
I'd imagine it doesn't show that refresh rate as an option on nvidia cards you could probably just expose it using CRU.
coming from a 6 year old dell 24inch ultrasharp i found the size of the aoc very impressive. i didnt much like the colour reproduction, thought it looked quite washed out. and the ghosting is bad too. especially when scrolling on web pages.
i have now gone back to a dell ips panel.

Soldato
As per my review I consider 'Weak' to be the optimal overdrive setting, because it gets rid of the inverse ghosting with the 'Medium' setting without any clear disadvantages overall. However; it does not improve pixel responsiveness. FreeSync has no effect on that either, so that observation is from a user who is talking about inverse ghosting or possibly another issue, not trailing from slower than optimal pixel responses.

Soldato
What about it? There's no reason that would alter pixel responsiveness. Don't mean to disillusion you, but there is no magical fix for that. The only way you would possibly reduce the issues with pixel responsiveness is by changing the pixel transitions themselves. Mess up the colour signal so that those dark shades are significantly lighter than they should be and that would do it. But say goodbye to contrast and any semlance of accurate shade reproduction.

Associate
Hello guys, I also bought this monitor since I am an occasional gamer and mainly browse and watch movies/tv shows. I used the ICC profile from the review site and their colour settings but for my monitor and with brightness set to about 15-20 (I don't like bright screens) I wasn't satisfied with the video quality. Basically the problem seems to be with skin tones, they appear too yellow and the light on them seems to be making a matte effect or something. Scenes outside seem to be better. I messed around a bit and kept the ICC profile but set colour as such: R-35, G-35, B-50 and am a bit ambivalent between Gamma 3 or 1. I am using MPC BE but tried VLC and MPV and seems to be the case there too. Anyone have any similar experiences? Is it because I have brightness too low? I am coming from an HP 2475W and the graphics card is GTX 970.

Associate
Received my monitor yesterday. Haven't seen any terrible ghosting yet. I played PUBG, CS GO and some other games and didn't see any significant difference between AOC Q3279VWF and my other two monitors which are 8 years old ASUS TN panel and 27 1440p Korean IPS overclocked to 110 Hz. Sadly viewing angles are just horrible.

Last edited:
Associate
Received mine yesterday too. Could someone upload the drivers for me please? I don't have dvd player and the version from the aoc website seems to be old (driver v1.0.0.0 from 2016) and i am not able to go below 47hz with this driver. The download links posted some pages ago are not working :/

Last edited:
Associate
Received mine yesterday too. Could someone upload the drivers for me please? I don't have dvd player and the version from the aoc website seems to be old (driver v1.0.0.0 from 2016) and i am not able to go below 47hz with this driver. The download links posted some pages ago are not working :/

Nvm sorry, I had wrong version :-¬

Last edited:
Associate
My monitor shows lots of horizontal interference lines when it first comes on. They go away after about a minute but it's obviously not a good sign. Don't think it is a graphics card or pc problem as this happens when only the monitor has been off. any ideas?

Associate
My monitor shows lots of horizontal interference lines when it first comes on. They go away after about a minute but it's obviously not a good sign. Don't think it is a graphics card or pc problem as this happens when only the monitor has been off. any ideas?

Mine has started doing the exact same.

Back
Top Bottom