AOC Q3279VWF - FreeSync,VA,qHD 31.5 inch monitor for £249! (ONLY £199 AT OcUK FOR BLACK FRIDAY)!!

Associate
IIRC the pcmonitors.info review stated that he didn't bother including a section on overclocking as he found it didn't go very far beyond 75Hz when he tried.

Soldato
Cheap and cheerful enough for me to be happy with the purchase, but my one outstanding question remains:

How do I turn the volume down on the monitor when connected to HDMI with 3.5mm out? Seems no way to, which is annoying when gaming with headphones!

Associate
Cheap and cheerful enough for me to be happy with the purchase, but my one outstanding question remains:

How do I turn the volume down on the monitor when connected to HDMI with 3.5mm out? Seems no way to, which is annoying when gaming with headphones!

i hope there is away to control volume via monitor but for now i will use my spare headphones which have inline volume control.

Associate
thank you!

30hz is crazy!
all i want to get is 37hz so i can get LFC to work! (the actual minimum is x2 the max for lfc to work, the rest is just headroom).

at what range you have it now?

I thought it was x2.5. I had some flickering at one point while set at 30hz. If I bump it to 37hz will LFC still work?

Edit : flickering at 37hz too.

Last edited:
Associate
thank you!

30hz is crazy!
all i want to get is 37hz so i can get LFC to work! (the actual minimum is x2 the max for lfc to work, the rest is just headroom).

at what range you have it now?

I got it to 30hz and and tested by framecapping to 31fps and it was fine. No flickering and no problems letting it free-run up to 75fps/hz either. It really is panel lottery but you can try a different interface (DP or HDMI).

Associate
I got it to 30hz and and tested by framecapping to 31fps and it was fine. No flickering and no problems letting it free-run up to 75fps/hz either. It really is panel lottery but you can try a different interface (DP or HDMI).

Do i just edit the range in CRU and test with a benchmark? I get flickering when I set it to 30 and watch a 1440p youtube video.

I thought it was x2.5. I had some flickering at one point while set at 30hz. If I bump it to 37hz will LFC still work?

Edit : flickering at 37hz too.

"officially" it is x2.5 but it actually works on many monitors (many users confirm it) when its only x2.1 or x2.24 or something like that.
the method amd uses actually only needs x2 and the other x0.5 is something like a "buffer".
also amd has here https://www.amd.com/en/products/freesync-monitors the aoc Q3279VWF8 (actually its almost the same monitor, if not THE SAME) and it shows it is LFC capable even if its 48-75 (they have the wrong resolution btw).

those of you that have it at 37hz or bellow, can you check if LFC works when its bellow that?
you can test with this i think http://www.nvidia.com/coolstuff/demos#!/g-sync
here is the guide if anyone needs it https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/5iux1q/updated_tutorial_on_increasing_and_decreasing/
also display port 1.2 is supposed to have double the bandwidth of hdmi 1.4b, so maybe you should use only that for over/under-clocking

sadly i will have the monitor in 15 days, thats why i am asking you!

Back
Top Bottom