AOC Q3279VWF - FreeSync,VA,qHD 31.5 inch monitor for £249! (ONLY £199 AT OcUK FOR BLACK FRIDAY)!!

Associate
Hi.

I've ordered one as an upgrade from my curved 27" 1080p 60hz Samsung.
It's already a VA Panel and have never noticed ghosting even though it's common.
Mine arrives Wednesday.

Can someone details optimal settings I have read the reviews that say about overdrive but more what have other users found?.

Referring to icc settings what is it. Where is the profile and how do. I apply it.

Anything info would be great

Associate
Hi.

I've ordered one as an upgrade from my curved 27" 1080p 60hz Samsung.
It's already a VA Panel and have never noticed ghosting even though it's common.
Mine arrives Wednesday.

Can someone details optimal settings I have read the reviews that say about overdrive but more what have other users found?.

Referring to icc settings what is it. Where is the profile and how do. I apply it.

Anything info would be great

icc profile is HERE & how to apply it HERE as for best overdrive setting i'm not sure but i use Weak.

Last edited:
Associate
Great monitor - A few issues:
  1. Shows as AOC Q3279WG5B? (Purchased elsewhere).
  2. Sound over HDMI doesn’t work in Windows 10, Arch or Ubuntu.
  3. I’ve tried to tighten the stand as much as possible it still comes up slightly when the monitor is pushed back.

Other than that, no dead pixels. - awesome buy.

Associate
Hi,
i cant find good settings. the grey is always a bit to bright :(
what are your settings ?

icc profile installed

I use
Contrast 55
Brightness 90 (or 68)
gamma3

Last edited:
Associate
Hi,

So feedback, screen arrived perfect size picture quality amazing,
Ghosting was there but borderline noticible.

patch of dead pixels on the right,
though also i noticed it had 2 AOC tape seals 1 broken then a new one over the top.

i suspect i received a (poorly) refurbished unit.
Was from a competitor due to free next day shipping, disappointed.

Return arranged and ive already dropped back at DPD, let hope i get a decent replacement.

Associate
though also i noticed it had 2 AOC tape seals 1 broken then a new one over the top.

i think they all have the original tape cut to include a low quality 3pin uk power cable. as for dead pixels you are not the only one so many other's received dead pixels it's AOC's specialty.

also there's quality control issues, my monitor although it doesn't have dead pixels (none yet but from past experience with AOC i do expect some to develop in time) there is about 1.5cm thin gap under the white power led on the bezel so now i have a little square + 1.5cm of white light which looks odd too,i don't want to send it back in fear of getting dead pixels & i also need to learn to live with ghosting & slow pixel response coming from my beloved 1080p 23" samsung 120hz tn monitor !

Associate
Dead Pixels? well I've been through five of them, ordered three originally and two of those were replaced due to a faulty HDMI connection on one and a cluster of dead Pixels on the other - sadly they've ALL had dead pixels, four of them more than one but on the three I have now they're in places that aren't really noticeable. Talk about bad luck!

As QC issues have been mentioned, on the one i'm using at home (to type this) I've only recently in the last couple of days removed the protective plastic from the screen surround/bezel and noticed marks that look like scuffs within the plastic (you cant feel them) and also the bezel is poorly finished on the left side making it look like it still has some sort of glue residue left on it from the plastic, which it hasn't - all the marks stick out like a sore thumb when the light hits it.

Thinking i'm going to return this one before my return window expires on the 31st Jan - i'm not too fussed about the other two at work, I can live with the dead pixels but dead pixels + scuffs and scratches no thanks.

Associate
How has peoples experiences been regards returning due to dead pixels,
some forums say minimum of 4/5 dead pixels as per policy, though id go down the consumer rights act "satisfactory quality" and for me its not satisfactory for the price tag,
il allow 1 replacement if i get offered if its still crock, then will just refund.

RJC

RJC

Don
i think they all have the original tape cut to include a low quality 3pin uk power cable. as for dead pixels you are not the only one so many other's received dead pixels it's AOC's specialty.

also there's quality control issues, my monitor although it doesn't have dead pixels (none yet but from past experience with AOC i do expect some to develop in time) there is about 1.5cm thin gap under the white power led on the bezel so now i have a little square + 1.5cm of white light which looks odd too,i don't want to send it back in fear of getting dead pixels & i also need to learn to live with ghosting & slow pixel response coming from my beloved 1080p 23" samsung 120hz tn monitor !

My 2nd monitor has the same issue by the power button, I did try loosening the screws and see if I can get the plastic part to clip into place -but gave up.

Associate
Guys i need some advice i need to know if my monitor is faulty or not ! if i turn the PC on before the monitor i get display port Lower settings applied error ! (the system has detected a problem with the connection between your computer & the display port that will prevent you from using the highest resolution and/or refresh rates)

& the refresh rate drops from 75hz to 60hz BUT if i turn the monitor on before the pc everything is fine. what exactly is causing this error & do i have a faulty monitor ??

Associate
I can potentially get this monitor for £160, would it be worth taking a chance on for that price? Could maybe get it a little cheaper if I can sell on my old monitor for £20 or so. Will be coming from a 6 year old Samsung 1080p syncmaster monitor, so no doubt it will be an improvement straight away

Associate
I can potentially get this monitor for £160, would it be worth taking a chance on for that price? Could maybe get it a little cheaper if I can sell on my old monitor for £20 or so. Will be coming from a 6 year old Samsung 1080p syncmaster monitor, so no doubt it will be an improvement straight away
Its totally worth the punt if your coming from a 1080p monitor @60-75hz. Especially if you can get it for £160.
I really like the monitor, I don't have any or see any ghosting issues (but that's because I previous came from a 1080p 60hz ultrawide non-freesync).

hello, i received the monitor today, it seems to be a return from somebody else (original aoc seal was torn) and ofc it has some dead/stuck pixels.
the thing is they say that system doesnt let them issue a replacement but only a refund (even though the 1st support level says i am eligible for replacement).
it is sold and shipped by amazon.

anyone had a problem like this? any info that can help me?

edit: can someone upload the contents of the cd? i dont have a dvd reader in my pc >.<

Last edited:
Associate
Arrrghhhh - I can't decide what to do with this...
Bought this to replace my s27a850t which suffered quite badly from dreaded IPS glow, which I thought I could put up with, but eventually defeated me after 2 years.
Colours on this are nowhere near as good, but I wouldn't expect them to be given the Sammy had an IPS panel.
Ghosting didn't bother me at first, but playing the darker levels on WF 2 I'm starting to see annoyances.
Out of curiosity, what has everyone set 'Shadow Control' (which seems to be back-light level) and 'Game Colour' too ?

Associate
I suspect a lot of people took advantage of a certain 20% off discount code yesterday bringing this down to £160 – 100% steal of a deal at that price even with dead pixels. ;)

Back
Top Bottom