• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***** AORUS DID NOT INVENT THE GRAPHICS CARD, THEY PERFECTED IT! RTX 2000 SERIES!! *****

Associate
Yep i've said the same also. Needs custom fan curve and a fan blowing on the card if possible. Its a good card and still quiet but gigabyte must have tested them with league of legends locked to 60fps or something.

If the chip gets too hot it crashes. Undervolting can help but if there is no airflow the heat still builds

Giz

Soldato
Yep i've said the same also. Needs custom fan curve and a fan blowing on the card if possible. Its a good card and still quiet but gigabyte must have tested them with league of legends locked to 60fps or something.

If the chip gets too hot it crashes. Undervolting can help but if there is no airflow the heat still builds

Giz

Probably were tested framerate locked as to be fair thats how the majority of people play games. However there is a valid argument that is an inadequate way to test a flagship card as the majority also dont use flagship cards.

The argument vendors will make is as long as the the card does not thermal throttle then the cooling is adequate.

Associate
So overclockers tested my card and said they found no fault... Now i need to check again and see if the riser cable is the problem otherwise it will be sent back again. But the riser cable works fine on my 980ti so not sure..

Would a riser cable cause the other 2 fans to stop? seems a bit iffy

Edit: phoned them up again and just decided i don't want to deal with the hassle and canceled

Last edited:
Associate
So overclockers tested my card and said they found no fault... Now i need to check again and see if the riser cable is the problem otherwise it will be sent back again. But the riser cable works fine on my 980ti so not sure..

Edit: phoned them up again and just decided i don't want to deal with the hassle and canceled
No problem with cancelling ? So they refunded with 14 days period right ?

Soldato

I don't blame you, for £1300 you should get the moon on a stick. There's no way on earth this card was ever worth £1300.

Soldato
I don't blame you, for £1300 you should get the moon on a stick. There's no way on earth this card was ever worth £1300.

its one of the worst engineered cards I have seen in my 20 years or so building PC. Really for £1300, how did gigabyte test this thing?

I was testing it with the side of the case fan open and then stuck my head near it to get a better sound of the coil whine and the heat just hit me. I put my hand on the back plate and I swear it still hurts from when i assumed it was cool to touch.

One thing i don't get is why manufacturers dont start to mount the GPU and its fans the other way round. Since most of these things come with fancy led cooling and some don't want to mount vertically and since heat rises vertically it makes sense?

Caporegime
Sounds like this "perfected card" was really lacking to say the least. Considering the size of the heatsink on it thermals seems to be pretty bad, its a triple fan card with 2 proper fans and one fan thats anemic. Seems like they put all their focus into the led gimmick and not so much the card itself.

Soldato
its one of the worst engineered cards I have seen in my 20 years or so building PC. Really for £1300, how did gigabyte test this thing?

I was testing it with the side of the case fan open and then stuck my head near it to get a better sound of the coil whine and the heat just hit me. I put my hand on the back plate and I swear it still hurts from when i assumed it was cool to touch.

One thing i don't get is why manufacturers dont start to mount the GPU and its fans the other way round. Since most of these things come with fancy led cooling and some don't want to mount vertically and since heat rises vertically it makes sense?

Apparently 'Aorus have totally re-invented their coolers' according to the marketing on pg 1. - And they're now even worse!

What's even more staggering is they're up for pre-order @ £1399.99 which is £110 more than the intial pre-order, after the first batch proved to be crap!

:D

Soldato
Sounds like this "perfected card" was really lacking to say the least. Considering the size of the heatsink on it thermals seems to be pretty bad, its a triple fan card with 2 proper fans and one fan thats anemic. Seems like they put all their focus into the led gimmick and not so much the card itself.

I think you've hit the nail on the head with the LED lighting, they obviously thought 'If we bling it up to 11, we can skimp on the cooling and by the time people have bought it, it'll be too late'. I don't like bling, but when I see something really blingy my BS radar pings and it did when I saw these up for pre-order.

Caporegime
I think you've hit the nail on the head with the LED lighting, they obviously thought 'If we bling it up to 11, we can skimp on the cooling and by the time people have bought it, it'll be too late'. I don't like bling, but when I see something really blingy my BS radar pings and it did when I saw these up for pre-order.

The only review i seen was of the 2080 version at kitguru and they said it was the loudest rtx card they had tested. Which is baffling considering the heatsink design. 3 proper fans may have made a difference but they decided to go with this overlapping fans gimmick which means the middle fan is just a spindly little pos that probably shifts next to no air. They have something like 5 or 6 heatpipes directly in contact with the gpu, yet it still runs hot and loud.

Soldato
The only review i seen was of the 2080 version at kitguru and they said it was the loudest rtx card they had tested. Which is baffling considering the heatsink design. 3 proper fans may have made a difference but they decided to go with this overlapping fans gimmick which means the middle fan is just a spindly little pos that probably shifts next to no air. They have something like 5 or 6 heatpipes directly in contact with the gpu, yet it still runs hot and loud.

Yeah I saw that, I think you're right, the middle fan isn't up to the job. The whole release was rushed it seems because they'll have tested it no doubt and just decided to roll with it rather than altering the design.

Associate
Annnd just as we get the relatively poor performing cards we've waited a month for, nvidia starts bundling Battlefield V with them for free.

NEVER PREORDER ANYTHING EVER

Associate
Just wondering to those who have the card. I have ordered the watercooled card and was wondering how much power is being delivered.

I think it has the 366W bios as mine has reached 361W total power consumption.

Annnd just as we get the relatively poor performing cards we've waited a month for, nvidia starts bundling Battlefield V with them for free.

NEVER PREORDER ANYTHING EVER

That is really annoying, I hope OCUK will honour it for us, we literally 'bought' them less than a week ago.

Last edited:
Associate
Mine is going back either... it is not ideal TBH :( I ordered Strix OC instead.

You can put little fan in front off gpu on back of your case if u have space there and mash or some holes ... fan have to work like Intake configuration. It will blow cold air in ftont of Aorus fans. This method was giving me -5C results on overall GPU temperature.

Back
Top Bottom