Aorus Owner's Lounge

Soldato
Quick question regarding COMMAND&CONTROL, with this software being semi necessary with the system i have it installed, however it really bothers me using it sometimes as it appears to be forced on top of all other windows and i can't find a way to change this, so i am having to open and close it more often than i would like so that i can see my other windows behind it.

Any suggestions?

Associate
Hello!

I'm new to this forum and I have a huge problem with Aorus ... in fact, I returned it to the guarantee because the screws inside the monitor broke the pin that allows the opening and closing of the laptop. After some time (2 weeks) the guarantee in Italy told me that this kind of problem is not under the warranty ... but I did nothing! one day I opened my laptop and all the pin came out of the screen! I can send the image with the glue proof that kept the screw of the internal screw to the monitor completely disconnected and disconnected from the screen this kind of stuff ONLY FOR A FAILURE OF MANUFACTURING or for a bad choice of materials of the mother house 'user. At the moment I wanted to try to write on the official Aorus forum though it was invaded by spam and no more writing!
This will be my first and last aorus / gigabyte laptop! I've never had Lenovo with this kind of treatment with what Aorus costs! I hope someone you want me to know or help me properly, thank you!

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hello!

I'm new to this forum and I have a huge problem with Aorus ... in fact, I returned it to the guarantee because the screws inside the monitor broke the pin that allows the opening and closing of the laptop. After some time (2 weeks) the guarantee in Italy told me that this kind of problem is not under the warranty ... but I did nothing! one day I opened my laptop and all the pin came out of the screen! I can send the image with the glue proof that kept the screw of the internal screw to the monitor completely disconnected and disconnected from the screen this kind of stuff ONLY FOR A FAILURE OF MANUFACTURING or for a bad choice of materials of the mother house 'user. At the moment I wanted to try to write on the official Aorus forum though it was invaded by spam and no more writing!
This will be my first and last aorus / gigabyte laptop! I've never had Lenovo with this kind of treatment with what Aorus costs! I hope someone you want me to know or help me properly, thank you!

Ciao Marco93,

Sorry to hear of your problem. We are trying to make contact with our European colleague who looks after Italy region - we think he is travelling at the moment, but have sent message as soon as we saw your post.

Please be patient and we will advise on how to proceed
Grazie,

Team AORUS

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Quick question regarding COMMAND&CONTROL, with this software being semi necessary with the system i have it installed, however it really bothers me using it sometimes as it appears to be forced on top of all other windows and i can't find a way to change this, so i am having to open and close it more often than i would like so that i can see my other windows behind it.

Any suggestions?

Hi harry5522 - We don't believe the software should behave in this way - can you please check that you have the latest version installed.

The latest version available to download is: 4.0.6

Regards,

Team AORUS

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hello!

Caio Marco93 - can you please post your email address for us to pass to our contact, he confirms we have local service partner in Italy, and he will help to resolve your problem.

Thanks,

Team AORUS

Associate
Hi harry5522 - We don't believe the software should behave in this way - can you please check that you have the latest version installed.

Regards,

Team AORUS

C & C behaves the same here. Covers/blocks other windows with the 'always on top' thing. I think it's been the same on all versions.

Associate
Caio Marco93 - can you please post your email address for us to pass to our contact, he confirms we have local service partner in Italy, and he will help to resolve your problem.

Thanks,

Team AORUS
Thank you for all !
It is quite unreal that a warranty doesn t cover an internal damage!
My e mail is [email protected]
The service that i have used in italy(the only one present in my "amazing" nation)is ServiceTrade....They have ask me for 200 euro (10% of total cost of the machine ....)
Reason: Mechanical problem arent under warranty...i can provide the photo with internal screw completly break without any cosmetical problem!or i am a magician or is a fabric problem xD
Thank you for all!

Soldato

Regards,

Team AORUS

unfortunately, the latest version that the aorus driver update utility will allow me to download is 3.6.3. The driver update utility is fully updated. In fact i just updated it again now and 3.6.3 command and control is still the most up to date version offered to me.

Associate
unfortunately, the latest version that the aorus driver update utility will allow me to download is 3.6.3. The driver update utility is fully updated. In fact i just updated it again now and 3.6.3 command and control is still the most up to date version offered to me.

The section of the AORUS website for the X5V6 no longer has download links for the C&C either. I'm downloading ver 4.0.3 C&C for the X5MD to see if it has a different effect. (probably not recommended installing an app not for your machine :rolleyes:)

Edit: Exactly the same.

u9Y75Y5.png

Last edited:
AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Thank you for all !
It is quite unreal that a warranty doesn t cover an internal damage!
My e mail is [email protected]
The service that i have used in italy(the only one present in my "amazing" nation)is ServiceTrade....They have ask me for 200 euro (10% of total cost of the machine ....)
Reason: Mechanical problem arent under warranty...i can provide the photo with internal screw completly break without any cosmetical problem!or i am a magician or is a fabric problem xD
Thank you for all!

Hi Marco93 - contact details have been passed over to our colleague in Europe. He will email you directly.

Thanks,

Team AORUS

Associate
Hi Marco93 - contact details have been passed over to our colleague in Europe. He will email you directly.

Thanks,

Team AORUS
Thank you i hope he sends to me something because my pc is already at Aorus's Italian Warranty Center and they ask me to pay 200 euro , i don 't know if they are in the right or not but if they aren't i am quite scared about what they can do .In that pc there are some of my works (i have a copy) but I would never have thought that for such a defect, there would be problems with the guarantee ....with my thinkpad I had a problem with the video card and the zipper opening and closing of my yoga, just a few days after the end of the warranty. Despite this, they fixed everything and replaced the monitor's "outside body" with scratches, without asking anything(wow!). Now, without getting to a super customer service like that, I expect a warranty to serve something, on a device really close to a business brand (calculating the price over 2000 euros). If I had known that taking a brand like Aorus I would have had such absurd problems I would have folded on other PCs. I take the position of 3d environment artist and I really enjoyed both the display and the technical specifications of the device, which the aesthetics of the device. But after a few months of use (and I'm talking about using it as 3d artists(3dsmax ,zbrush,substance painter/designer) and not games or overclocers) I have noticed problems with the screen (screen frames completly detach from screen for example) and problems with the zipper that allows the opening and closing. I suppose no one would like to see a device paid almost to the opening of a real car after less than 5 months of use "unmounted" ahaha. If things of this kind are out of the Aorus guarantee policy, I hope that it is completely dismantled or deducted from the final cost. I understand that an internal component (and certainly more serious than my problems) can break,but if you open the pc, you see jumping off screws / pins / plastic pieces and monitor frames I do not think you should pay a device so much
(especially if, as the Italian technicians say, "it's a mechanical problem, so it's out of warranty" ( = give us money ahahah))
i hope i am the only one that has had this kind of problem and it is an Italian problem(this is possible ahahah for sure).

Anyway , thank you for the support =)

Associate

Thanks,

Team AORUS
I paid the bill ,
I did not have any answer, either from official support to your colleague,the service in italy pressing me for money .
If this is illegal ,i don't know , but the warranty service is really bad .

Soldato
Im pretty certain that Aorus would not be charging you for warranty repairs. It (respectfully) sounds from your description more like you have damaged the device and i don't know any company that will repair damage for free. Aorus from my knowledge are very broad with their warranty. In fact when i discussed this in this thread, i was told that i was more than welcome to open the machine up and change things around such as RAM/Storage/Wifi(pci add in cards) as long as i was comfortable with hardware and that it would not void the warranty unlike most manufacturers.

However what you have said may have been lost in translation a little given that i believe English isn't your native language.

Soldato
@Atom80 Any chance of an update/insight regarding the Command and control software situation as discussed above? Cheers.

I wouldn't be so bothered by it but the way the software seems to be integrated my system actually appears to get "borked" when i put fresh windows on. It only sorts itself out when i install C&C. Issues like performance being locked down to what i would equate to " quiet mode " on C&C and brightness being locked to minimum despite windows being at max brightness. This kind of makes it mandatory to have it.

So given thats the case ( in my experience so far ) It would be nice for the software to be on point.

Associate
Im pretty certain that Aorus would not be charging you for warranty repairs. It (respectfully) sounds from your description more like you have damaged the device and i don't know any company that will repair damage for free. Aorus from my knowledge are very broad with their warranty. In fact when i discussed this in this thread, i was told that i was more than welcome to open the machine up and change things around such as RAM/Storage/Wifi(pci add in cards) as long as i was comfortable with hardware and that it would not void the warranty unlike most manufacturers.

However what you have said may have been lost in translation a little given that i believe English isn't your native language.

Probably my words have been misunderstood, I do not see where it may be my fault. I try to explain it in a simple way: I raised the device cover, half the screen was completely detached from the rest of the PC, the cause was the internal screws that dropped from the inside. THE PC DOES NOT CUT, GRAFFI, BUMPS, OR ANY DAMAGE ABOUT ME. If internal components are detached I do not see how it may be the user's fault, I feel my disappointment with the warranty. I have a photo of testimony that I also attached to the Aorus service (which is taking decades before answering, which I never had before, in 1-2 days I always had feedback). The fact remains that it is not very nice to doubt a final user. Anyway, I paid for it and sold this device as fast as possible, maybe I will be picky but not all use PCs just to play ..... If you work, the warranty must also interfere with the ' user much more useful, opening the device without invalidating the warranty is useful, but for the purpose of work and customer protection (for a huge slice of consumer) is totally meaningless. In my case, for example, I see the very little care that my case is being treated, in Italy they did not even know what an Aorus was (Aorus official service not an office anyway) ..... I do not expect any reimbursement but really bad advertising in my eyes. Obviously, I hope that what I have written is not misunderstood, but I think anyone would be altered with such treatment.

Associate
Hey owners, is the AORUS X7 V7-CF2 worth the price increase over the 1080p versions? Think I'm settling on this model now as I want light and portable with 17.3". Only other type out there is msi but I'm upgrading from a 4 year old stealth so fancy a change.

OcUK Staff
Probably my words have been misunderstood, I do not see where it may be my fault. I try to explain it in a simple way: I raised the device cover, half the screen was completely detached from the rest of the PC, the cause was the internal screws that dropped from the inside. THE PC DOES NOT CUT, GRAFFI, BUMPS, OR ANY DAMAGE ABOUT ME. If internal components are detached I do not see how it may be the user's fault, I feel my disappointment with the warranty. I have a photo of testimony that I also attached to the Aorus service (which is taking decades before answering, which I never had before, in 1-2 days I always had feedback). The fact remains that it is not very nice to doubt a final user. Anyway, I paid for it and sold this device as fast as possible, maybe I will be picky but not all use PCs just to play ..... If you work, the warranty must also interfere with the ' user much more useful, opening the device without invalidating the warranty is useful, but for the purpose of work and customer protection (for a huge slice of consumer) is totally meaningless. In my case, for example, I see the very little care that my case is being treated, in Italy they did not even know what an Aorus was (Aorus official service not an office anyway) ..... I do not expect any reimbursement but really bad advertising in my eyes. Obviously, I hope that what I have written is not misunderstood, but I think anyone would be altered with such treatment.

Hi there

I have alerted Atom80 to this and the Aorus team should be able to take a look into this ASAP for you

Thanks

Bailey

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep

Hi Marco93 - we spoke with European contact earlier in the week, and he has made contact with you I believe - please confirm you are being taken care of now.

Thanks,

Team AORUS

Back
Top Bottom