Aorus Owner's Lounge

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Atom80,

Thanks for being so helpful, really appreciate it.

I think instead of adding a third mSATA drive to the raid, I'll just buy a 2TB hard drive and swap out the 1TB one instead as it will be less stress lol.

Is the 2nd hard drive blank, or does it contain windows and setup files etc?

I'll be buying the version with 16gb RAM and 2 x 256gb mSATA drives.

Hi UTTER_FILTH,

No problem, we are here to help where possible:)

Should you decide to go down the SSD install route, we use Transcend or lite-on branded SSD.

We have been advised that if you want to add a 3rd and add to the RAID 0 array, you would be best to buy the exact same model, not just the same brand - if you need assistance we can certainly source this for you through our service partner, and they could also perform the upgrade if you so desire.

With regards to the HDD, swapping for a 2TB, yes this is simple and the drive is blank as all Windows and set up files are on the SSD...

Hope that helps, and lets us know if you require any more guidance.

Please also let us know your feedback when you receive your machine.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Associate
Hi UTTER_FILTH,

No problem, we are here to help where possible:)

Should you decide to go down the SSD install route, we use Transcend or lite-on branded SSD.

We have been advised that if you want to add a 3rd and add to the RAID 0 array, you would be best to buy the exact same model, not just the same brand - if you need assistance we can certainly source this for you through our service partner, and they could also perform the upgrade if you so desire.

With regards to the HDD, swapping for a 2TB, yes this is simple and the drive is blank as all Windows and set up files are on the SSD...

Hope that helps, and lets us know if you require any more guidance.

Please also let us know your feedback when you receive your machine.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Thanks Atom80.

Could you let me know how much the additional mSATA card would be please? I think I might order that as well. Could you also give me the price of an additional power supply as well please.

Laptop should be arriving tomorrow. Will let you know my thoughts once I've had a chance to play around with it.

Thanks

Associate
Thanks Atom80.

Could you let me know how much the additional mSATA card would be please? I think I might order that as well. Could you also give me the price of an additional power supply as well please.

Laptop should be arriving tomorrow. Will let you know my thoughts once I've had a chance to play around with it.

Thanks

I too would also like to know how much a 2nd/spare psu would cost and available from where as I currently use my laptop in two location and this would save me lugging around the psu all the time.

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Thanks Atom80.

Thanks

I too would also like to know how much a 2nd/spare psu would cost and available from where as I currently use my laptop in two location and this would save me lugging around the psu all the time.

Hi both,

Requested prices from our service partner, and also process for you to order these directly from us.

Should receive response later today and will post once received info.

ADE70 - are you X7 Pro owner?

UTTER_FILTH - we may require your serial number to enable us to identify which brand of SSDs are installed. Lets see if the prices are the same, should be very similar.

Come back to you asap.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Associate
Hi both,

Requested prices from our service partner, and also process for you to order these directly from us.

UTTER_FILTH - we may require your serial number to enable us to identify which brand of SSDs are installed. Lets see if the prices are the same, should be very similar.

Come back to you asap.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Atom80, I am the proud owner of an X7 Pro G-Sync

Associate
Hi both,

Come back to you asap.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

It's arrived!! I haven't had a chance to play around with it properly yet, as I don't really want to install anything until I've got the third mSATA installed. But first impressions are WOW!! I cant believe how thin this laptop is, its really impressive. The build quality and feel are both fantastic.

Atom80. I have the serial number now as well, so happy to order as soon as possible :).

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
It's arrived!! I haven't had a chance to play around with it properly yet, as I don't really want to install anything until I've got the third mSATA installed. But first impressions are WOW!! I cant believe how thin this laptop is, its really impressive. The build quality and feel are both fantastic.

Atom80. I have the serial number now as well, so happy to order as soon as possible :).

HI UTTER_FILTH,

Great news, glad first impressions are in line with what we want them to be !!

Please email your serial number to: [email protected]

Hopefully have pricing for you soon,,, service contact has been out of office since we emailed the request.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Thanks Atom80.

Thanks

Hi Again both,

The Aorus X7 power supply is £64 + vat which includes shipping.

You can call in to place order on this number: 0844 244 9999 or if you have further price enquiries you can email: [email protected]

The SSD price isn't available to us at the time of posting, but we have requested that HQ find this out and email you directly.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Associate
What version of Windows are you running?
What Rapid Storage drivers are you using?

Hi, for comparison below are the results of my SSD Raid 0 on my X7 Pro G-Sysnc

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
CrystalDiskMark 5.0.2 x64 (C) 2007-2015 hiyohiyo
Crystal Dew World : http://crystalmark.info/
* MB/s = 1,000,000 bytes/s [SATA/600 = 600,000,000 bytes/s]
* KB = 1000 bytes, KiB = 1024 bytes

Sequential Read (Q= 32,T= 1) : 888.073 MB/s
Sequential Write (Q= 32,T= 1) : 852.761 MB/s
Random Read 4KiB (Q= 32,T= 1) : 351.683 MB/s [ 85860.1 IOPS]
Random Write 4KiB (Q= 32,T= 1) : 296.769 MB/s [ 72453.4 IOPS]
Sequential Read (T= 1) : 862.510 MB/s
Sequential Write (T= 1) : 797.357 MB/s
Random Read 4KiB (Q= 1,T= 1) : 31.375 MB/s [ 7659.9 IOPS]
Random Write 4KiB (Q= 1,T= 1) : 69.099 MB/s [ 16869.9 IOPS]

Test : 1024 MiB [C: 22.1% (100.8/455.8 GiB)] (x5) [Interval=5 sec]
Date : 2015/09/17 22:40:37

Hope this helps you.

Associate
Hi Again both,

The Aorus X7 power supply is £64 + vat which includes shipping.

You can call in to place order on this number: 0844 244 9999 or if you have further price enquiries you can email: [email protected]

The SSD price isn't available to us at the time of posting, but we have requested that HQ find this out and email you directly.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Thanks Atom80.

Received an email with the price today. £142 + VAT for the mSATA drive. You can buy 500gb drives for that price LOL.

Luckily I've found someone on a certain auction website that's selling matching drives for £60.

Thanks for all your help, really appreciate it.

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Thanks Atom80.

Received an email with the price today. £142 + VAT for the mSATA drive. You can buy 500gb drives for that price LOL.

Luckily I've found someone on a certain auction website that's selling matching drives for £60.

Thanks for all your help, really appreciate it.

Thanks for update UTTER_FILTH,

We will look into this price on Monday as this looks to be dollar price rather than pound. Either way, at least you have found what you need for the right money anyway.

Thanks and enjoy your weekend :)

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hi there, any idea if the aorus x3 plus v4 will come with the glossy mouse pad or the mat version found on the X5? And any updates on availability? Many thanks!

Hi Matsamplokos,

Stock should be arriving in the next 2-3 weeks. Not sure on the track pad finish, but will find out and post again.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Associate
If anyone is interested I updated my X7 Pro with a third mSATA drive. The physical installation was very easy and after I had booted into Windows, I just used the Intel Rapid Storage Technology application to expand the C drive across. The only compromise I had to make was to delete the backup partition as to expand a drive, the partitions have to be adjacent with each other.

It seemed to give a nice boost to the disk access times and has been working without any glitches ever since.

Hope this helps,
CHuffbaby

Associate
By the way, do we have any information on when we will be officially sanctioned to upgrade to Windows 10?

There was an interesting video on Youtube by Aorus which seemed to suggest that laptops are now shipping with this OS

Associate
3 x mSATA RAID 0 comparison

Hi, for comparison below are the results of my SSD Raid 0 on my X7 Pro G-Sysnc

CrystalDiskMark 5.0.2 x64 (C) 2007-2015 hiyohiyo
* MB/s = 1,000,000 bytes/s [SATA/600 = 600,000,000 bytes/s]
* KB = 1000 bytes, KiB = 1024 bytes

Sequential Read (Q= 32,T= 1) : 888.073 MB/s
Sequential Write (Q= 32,T= 1) : 852.761 MB/s
Random Read 4KiB (Q= 32,T= 1) : 351.683 MB/s [ 85860.1 IOPS]
Random Write 4KiB (Q= 32,T= 1) : 296.769 MB/s [ 72453.4 IOPS]
Sequential Read (T= 1) : 862.510 MB/s
Sequential Write (T= 1) : 797.357 MB/s
Random Read 4KiB (Q= 1,T= 1) : 31.375 MB/s [ 7659.9 IOPS]
Random Write 4KiB (Q= 1,T= 1) : 69.099 MB/s [ 16869.9 IOPS]

Test : 1024 MiB [C: 22.1% (100.8/455.8 GiB)] (x5) [Interval=5 sec]
Date : 2015/09/17 22:40:37

Hope this helps you.

Not quite the same test but hopefully a useful comparison for adding a third drive:

CrystalDiskMark 3.0.3 x64 (C) 2007-2013 hiyohiyo
* MB/s = 1,000,000 byte/s [SATA/300 = 300,000,000 byte/s]

Sequential Read : 1130.976 MB/s
Sequential Write : 1086.929 MB/s
Random Read 512KB : 845.429 MB/s
Random Write 512KB : 946.293 MB/s
Random Read 4KB (QD=1) : 34.625 MB/s [ 8453.3 IOPS]
Random Write 4KB (QD=1) : 86.635 MB/s [ 21151.1 IOPS]
Random Read 4KB (QD=32) : 502.814 MB/s [122757.3 IOPS]
Random Write 4KB (QD=32) : 429.610 MB/s [104885.2 IOPS]

Test : 1000 MB [C: 30.2% (216.1/714.7 GB)] (x5)
Date : 2015/09/28 1:01:16

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Just bought an x7 and had it around 5 days and its now not booting :(

Not sure how to get in touch with you guys or if i should go to overclockers

Hi orangeman2003,

Sorry to hear of the problem, as its within 14 days, we suggest OcUK should exchange for new via us - we will notify Bailey in OcUK service team to contact you - could you please post your order/invoice number so he can identify your contact details.

Or send OcUK message via the Customer Service forum.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Just bought an x7 and had it around 5 days and its now not booting :(

Not sure how to get in touch with you guys or if i should go to overclockers

Hi orangeman2003,

We have spoken to the shop counter manager, as Bailey is on annual leave this week, someone from the returns department will be in touch and look after you

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Back
Top Bottom