Apex Legends BR

Man of Honour
It feels to me as if the combat style suits people who grew up on Quake, UT "arena shooter" type games better than those that are more used to CS and other more tactical shooting games... certainly when you encounter another squad up close it comes down to being aggressive, making the most of the movement abilities and the environment and placing your shots... the PUBG-esque crawling along walls and trying to take up positions etc. often just sees you completely trampled before you even know what's happening...

Could be, I definitely get the same sort of vibe from Apex as I used to get years ago from playing Unreal Tournament

Soldato
Yes its hard to adapt after playing CS, the lack of recoil from moving around so fast is hard to adjust to.

On a side note, i saw they are charging £15 for a skin, i know its f2p but come on thats got to be wrong?

They provided it free of charge. Nothing they want to then charge in game is wrong imo. Its the best f2p game there is

Man of Honour
Yes its hard to adapt after playing CS, the lack of recoil from moving around so fast is hard to adjust to.

On a side note, i saw they are charging £15 for a skin, i know its f2p but come on thats got to be wrong?

To be fair, it could be £1.50 for the skin and I still wouldn't buy it. If it was 3rd person I might but cant see the point in me spending any money for a skin that I cant see anyway.

Soldato
Just a note guys, since game came out i found i was playing/being put on US servers 100/200+ ping and packet loss of like 20/30, so each time i join now, at title screen i wait for the hidden server selection screen, and chose Belgian server 20+ ping and zero packet loss, to get the hidden server selector to show up, you have to wait like 2 minutes at title screen before moving on.

Soldato
A much better morning so far. Had some half decent team mates... as you can see -

6njjBUNh.png.jpg

I also put my sensitivity back up to around 3.5. I dropped it to 2 as everyone saying it's better, but maybe that's partly why my aim is off?

Mines at 3.6.
ADS 1.0
DPI 800

Getting kills most games now.

Man of Honour
Just a note guys, since game came out i found i was playing/being put on US servers 100/200+ ping and packet loss of like 20/30, so each time i join now, at title screen i wait for the hidden server selection screen, and chose Belgian server 20+ ping and zero packet loss, to get the hidden server selector to show up, you have to wait like 2 minutes at title screen before moving on.

+1

makes a big difference.

Soldato

I shall bear this in mind. Might explain why I did experience slowness on one night I was playing earlier this week. Thanks! :)

Soldato

To clarify. Once you've party'd up. You just wait and an option just appears ??

Soldato
I'm sure they'll patch in options formally at a later stage. They probably weren't expecting the response that they got and grouped everyone together to reduce wait times.

Caporegime
Really enjoying this.

If you sign up for Origin Access basic for £4, you get an epic skin, banner and 1000 coins. I've done that, plus bought the starter pack.

Man of Honour
Last night I was killed by a player who had over 1500 kills on his character.

I saw one guy who had the stat showing which shows how many matches they have played. I worked out, based on an average of 15mins , that he had to have been playing 20 hours a day, every day, since release :D

Soldato
Got glitched and couldn't move any faster than downed speed and got jumped 2v2 for the 2nd place loss. Game is a crashing glitch fest.

EDIT: Just watched a video on Reddit of somebody who won a game because they could fire their gun while downed (glitch), meanwhile we literaly lost a game cause I was at downed speed after resurrection and got popped by the gas, revived and insta'd while being a sitting duck on 1hp. Phenominal.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom