Apex Legends BR

Associate
anyone know if there is a way to disable the icons that mark your team mates banners on your screen? Find them blocking my view a lot of the time.

Soldato
Having put 2200 hours into pubg I have to agree. I went back yesterday for the first time in a week and it (pubg) feels so clunky in comparison. I hate being killed all the time and the random squads suck. Just need a regular team to play with in the evenings who use the ping system and not voice chat which is banned by 'er indoors after 5.30pm

dump her for a start then get on discord:D

Soldato
Nope, it's boring.
Most the game is running around getting loot. How is that interesting?

I didn't ask if you found it interesting, as that's not what surprised me. I get it's not a game for everyone. What surprised me was that you can't understand how anyone enjoys it?

I guess if you're really that bad you might not get it. There's few games get as tense as a BR when you're in the last 2 or 3 alive...

yeah - that's all it's about. Just 10 million players running around looting with nothing else happening.

Last I heard, and this is a few days old now, was it past 25 million already.

Soldato
I had a similar issue, I could never play a game as it would always crash to the desktop or hang on a black screen that I could not alt-tab out of or bring up task manger. (I tried updating the drivers, turning off g-sync, and combinations). I have a gtx1080 with 8gb and this was selected in game as the memory amount to use for texture streaming I changed it to 6 and have not had a crash since.

As for the game I liked it but I'm currently hopeless at it and most games involve me either getting lots of loot and seeing no action until I do and then die, or just die straight away. Once of twice the squad I am in win a battle or two and it's a real buzz when it happens.

Thanks for the advice mate, I had actually dropped that down to 4gb already on my Vega 56 8gb to see if it worked but was still getting crashes.

After lots of reading on the internet I decided to check my windows update, turns out it hasn't been updated (win 7 ) in nearly 6 months, so downloaded tonnes of updates and windows installed etc

Now Apex works perfectly :)

cheers mate

Associate
Anyone else noticed players exploiting the netcode today? Full magazine spray at close range zero hits?

Yep noticed that too - there's a lot of cheating going on.

Also noticed and recorded the following on a fair few encounters.

speed hack - players running at incredible speeds and no this is not the passive ability.
players knowing exactly where you are - quite possibly a wall hack.
game pauses for a brief few second during close combat. unfreezes and i'm dead. possibly some netcode hack.

The problem is because the game is free, even if they get banned they will just create another account and use a VPN.

EA are more interesting in selling loot crates and their new mass market China that they are now targeting -
Than preventing the exploits.

It's a shame as the game can be quite fun besides the hacks and the mass surge for loot.

Associate
Only gun I can reliably kill anyone with is the peacemaker. SMGs and ARs I tend to unload an entire mag into someone and see the dmg counters fly up but they rarely die, then I get dropped seemingly in an instant in return. Need me that shotty in close quarters lol.

Man of Honour
Yep noticed that too - there's a lot of cheating going on.

Also noticed and recorded the following on a fair few encounters.

speed hack - players running at incredible speeds and no this is not the passive ability.
players knowing exactly where you are - quite possibly a wall hack.
game pauses for a brief few second during close combat. unfreezes and i'm dead. possibly some netcode hack.

The problem is because the game is free, even if they get banned they will just create another account and use a VPN.

EA are more interesting in selling loot crates and their new mass market China that they are now targeting -
Than preventing the exploits.

It's a shame as the game can be quite fun besides the hacks and the mass surge for loot.

The first two of those (speed and wallhack) are both in the main hack that's used (I wont name here for obvious reasons). Game pausing isn't though so that may be something else.

Soldato
Nope, it's boring.
Most the game is running around getting loot. How is that interesting?

I have no idea what game you're playing but it's constant fighting with a bit of looting thrown in for good measure. Try dropping at the hot zone or supply ship and then look for fights after the initial drop.

Not far off 200 games now and I haven't noticed any obvious cheaters. I'm not saying it doesn't exist, because it quite clearly does.

Permabanned
Only gun I can reliably kill anyone with is the peacemaker. SMGs and ARs I tend to unload an entire mag into someone and see the dmg counters fly up but they rarely die, then I get dropped seemingly in an instant in return. Need me that shotty in close quarters lol.

Same here, though I did manage to get a fully decked out G7 Scout last night and it was great for mid to high range, dropped a few with that. :)

Soldato
Same here, though I did manage to get a fully decked out G7 Scout last night and it was great for mid to high range, dropped a few with that. :)

I usually try to get either the peacemaker or the eva shotty, and then a heavy weapon (spitfire, hemlock, pdw or longbow)... haven't found the light ammo weapons to ever be very good outside of the very early game, and the energy weapon whatever it's called I sometimes use if it shows up

Played with some randoms last night and discovered that you can go through Wraith's portal even when you're in the knockdown state, which is a fantastic tactic to use if a team-mate goes down in a bad place - pop the portal next to them and run off to place the exit a bit further back inside a building or in some good cover, then they can crawl through for the revive - neat!

Associate
Loving this game but the past week I'm just getting constant CTD - so infuriating. I have tried everything; updating drivers, rolling back driver, borderless mode, dropping the ram setting to 46b/8gb, turning all settings to low. Its just getting considerably worse. I'm crashing every other game.

First week I played with no problems what so-ever. For record my set up is;

i5 6500
Sapphire NITRO RX Vega 64
24gb RAM

Playing in 1440p 155hz

Back
Top Bottom