Poll: Apple iPad Pro

Are you going to buy an iPad Pro?

• Yes

Votes: 146 33.1%
  • No

Votes: 295 66.9%

• Total voters
Associate
Our company has been testing the iPad Pro against the Surface Pro for a few weeks now in order to determine which is best for the companies road warriors. Having looked at the two in some detail I thought the Surface was the better machine.

However, the road warriors themselves have now made the decision with an overwhelming thumbs up for the Surface Pro and a thumbs down for the iPad.

I actually thought people would be swayed by the lure of Apple but not a bit of it - just goes to show.

The Surface Pro is the better machine if your requirements are for it to run Windows and lots of Windows apps. I chose the iPad because its OS is designed from the ground up for portability and finger prodding, all the apps are designed for this use case in mind too. I've used Windows 10 in tablet mode (I had a HP X360 for a while) and although it wasn't awful, it wasn't great either. I'm much more comfortable getting stuff done on the train, or sitting watching the TV, on the iPad Pro.

BTE, I'm hardly an Apple fanboy as I do have a 5820 based PC for gaming and only got my first Mac in 2014. But now that Office has been updated for Mac, there's very little in terms of productivity that can't be done on an iMac, unless you need MS Project or Visio of course...

Soldato
The Surface Pro is the better machine if your requirements are for it to run Windows and lots of Windows apps. I chose the iPad because its OS is designed from the ground up for portability and finger prodding, all the apps are designed for this use case in mind too. I've used Windows 10 in tablet mode (I had a HP X360 for a while) and although it wasn't awful, it wasn't great either. I'm much more comfortable getting stuff done on the train, or sitting watching the TV, on the iPad Pro.

BTE, I'm hardly an Apple fanboy as I do have a 5820 based PC for gaming and only got my first Mac in 2014. But now that Office has been updated for Mac, there's very little in terms of productivity that can't be done on an iMac, unless you need MS Project or Visio of course...

Which iPad pro you got pal... I keep thinking of getting one just the money it seem a bit steep on price ?? for example the 128 gb version for £799 then keyboard. Might as well get a 13" MBP??

Associate
I've got the 12" 128GB version. It's probably overkill, I may not use that amount of space - at the moment I only use it for browsing the web on the couch & in bed as well as watching netflix & youtube. But I got a really good deal on it and it's handy knowing I have the space if I want to add one of my BluRay's or add some more music to it for journeys etc.

I'll probably never get a keyboard for it as I find the onscreen acceptable for most tasks that I plan on using this for.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Nah, I wouldn't bother unless your current one is crawling. I think thats part of the problem with ipads. The vast majority of people use them as something to watch a few videos and browse the internet. You don't need something super quick to do that so when you buy one that will last you 3-4 years.

Associate
Any of you with the new miniPro got a good case for it? I'm looking for a slim one that ideally protects front and back (like the Apple smart cover and case combination) with the auto wake/sleep magnets. But ideally not paying a zillion pounds.
There's a few contenders around but it's not always clear if the wake/sleep will work as most of the reviews are for the Air 2 versions.

Back
Top Bottom