Are you going to buy an iPad Pro?

• Yes

Votes: 146 33.1%
  • No

Votes: 295 66.9%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
Associate
Which iPad pro you got pal... I keep thinking of getting one just the money it seem a bit steep on price ?? for example the 128 gb version for £799 then keyboard. Might as well get a 13" MBP??

I got the 128Gb version + cellular. But I got it in the US so a bit cheaper than UK prices, I'm back in the states next month and will probably pick up a keyboard for it then.

I use the iPad a lot for reading newspapers and magazines, not practical on a 13" MBP! I already had a 13" MBP which I ended up selling as I have a 27" iMac and between that and the iPad it never got used.

Soldato
I got the 128Gb version + cellular. But I got it in the US so a bit cheaper than UK prices, I'm back in the states next month and will probably pick up a keyboard for it then.

I use the iPad a lot for reading newspapers and magazines, not practical on a 13" MBP! I already had a 13" MBP which I ended up selling as I have a 27" iMac and between that and the iPad it never got used.

Don't you think it over price for what you get compare to MBP though.

Associate
I'm loving my 9.7" Pro 128GB Space Grey, I used to have an Original iPad 3G back when they was released so a lot has changed since those days. The screen is just amazingly clear and sharp. I didn't get the 4G version as I'm so used to tethering my rMBP to my iPhone for data so its just as easy.

Split Screen multitasking is brilliant. I feel like IOS is holding it back though. All this processing power and a locked down OS :(

Associate
got a 13" pro a few months back to use for work for meetings and could not ask for a better device! so much faster than my ipad air and the pencil is fantastic

Commissario
I was able to get a 9.7" 32Gb Pro for a deal I couldn't turn down and I have to say that the sound out of this thing is incredible for such a tiny box. I've not really done anything with it except play some music and a few videos and I'm not actually sure what I'm going to use it for!

Soldato
I was able to get a 9.7" 32Gb Pro for a deal I couldn't turn down and I have to say that the sound out of this thing is incredible for such a tiny box. I've not really done anything with it except play some music and a few videos and I'm not actually sure what I'm going to use it for!

I have the 9.7 Pro arriving tomorrow as an upgrade. Glad the sound is good.

Commissario
Good to know, I'll order one. Shame it doesn't quite hit the price for free delivery from Amazon though, I've got to find something else that's eligible for about a fiver!

Suspended
The Surface Pro is the better machine if your requirements are for it to run Windows and lots of Windows apps. I chose the iPad because its OS is designed from the ground up for portability and finger prodding, all the apps are designed for this use case in mind too. I've used Windows 10 in tablet mode (I had a HP X360 for a while) and although it wasn't awful, it wasn't great either. I'm much more comfortable getting stuff done on the train, or sitting watching the TV, on the iPad Pro.

BTE, I'm hardly an Apple fanboy as I do have a 5820 based PC for gaming and only got my first Mac in 2014. But now that Office has been updated for Mac, there's very little in terms of productivity that can't be done on an iMac, unless you need MS Project or Visio of course...

Well our company on advice from employees chose the surface which business appear to be doing in general. Not a lot more I can add.

Back
Top Bottom