Poll: Apple iPad Pro

Are you going to buy an iPad Pro?

• Yes

Votes: 146 33.1%
  • No

Votes: 295 66.9%

• Total voters
Soldato
I use Microsoft's Remote Desktop for accessing my server at home, never let me down. (That's from my iPhone, I assume its the same on iPad)

Thanks man, I'll give that a go.

Been looking at one called Splashtop. ~£40 a year but it seems like it may do the trick for me to do remote support whilst I am out of the office.

Soldato
I have a bit of a problem with TeamViewer (at another company I worked at they proved to be pretty horrible to deal with or at least the resellers did so I'm a LogMeIn guy now for work)

Soldato

I'm not sure. Google did that in it's android P beta and we all know the upcoming pixel has the biggest notch of all. Plus, 2018 is the year of the notch.

Personally, I'd love it if that's what the 2018 ipad looked like. Time will tell.

This is apple, and they seem to have engineers who can do the impossible so I'm not ruling anything out :)

Soldato
I'm not sure. Google did that in it's android P beta and we all know the upcoming pixel has the biggest notch of all. Plus, 2018 is the year of the notch.

Personally, I'd love it if that's what the 2018 ipad looked like. Time will tell.

This is apple, and they seem to have engineers who can do the impossible so I'm not ruling anything out :)

I don't think they'll be a notch because:
1) these won't be OLED screens
2) you need to grip an iPad more the phone so it won't be completely bezel free (the 10.5" will likely only lose the forehead/chin as the sides are already very slim, the 12.9" has to slim down the side bezels as it didn't get the same design treatment last year) - they'll still enough bezel to put the sensors and camera in.

Soldato
It's already pretty swish, although I've yet to see art created on the Pros using it that's at the quite the same level of intricacy/detail as people using high end desktop stuff, although this may be just as much to do with the software side of things. You can always chip away at latency (despite being extremely good already).

Soldato
Anybody here own an iPad Pro current generation?

I have a desktop PC but I really very rarely use it anymore, I don't play games etc. All I really go on the internet for now is to read forums/news sites and to watch youtube. I also use my iPad mini for sheet music for piano but it's really small. Has anyone who is a light PC user here replaced their desktops with an iPad Pro? I think they'd be great for sheet music and everything else I've listed.

Soldato
Anybody here own an iPad Pro current generation?

I have a desktop PC but I really very rarely use it anymore, I don't play games etc. All I really go on the internet for now is to read forums/news sites and to watch youtube. I also use my iPad mini for sheet music for piano but it's really small. Has anyone who is a light PC user here replaced their desktops with an iPad Pro? I think they'd be great for sheet music and everything else I've listed.

I use my Mac Mini far less now I have my 12.9" and the Apple keyboard/cover. There are still certain things I need that for, but they're quite specific. Probably worth waiting a couple of months for the new ones since it's so close, unless you're looking to get a better price on the existing line-up.

Soldato
I use my Mac Mini far less now I have my 12.9" and the Apple keyboard/cover. There are still certain things I need that for, but they're quite specific. Probably worth waiting a couple of months for the new ones since it's so close, unless you're looking to get a better price on the existing line-up.
Nah, I'm happy to wait. I have other financial priorities atm anyway so I would probably consider doing this in 3-4 months time.

Thanks.

Soldato
It's already pretty swish, although I've yet to see art created on the Pros using it that's at the quite the same level of intricacy/detail as people using high end desktop stuff, although this may be just as much to do with the software side of things. You can always chip away at latency (despite being extremely good already).

I've never used one, but been reading that apple tried to make it feel like you are writing on paper. Maybe with haptic feedback of sorts? If true, kinda great as using the pen on my works surface is horrible.

Caporegime
I've never used one, but been reading that apple tried to make it feel like you are writing on paper. Maybe with haptic feedback of sorts? If true, kinda great as using the pen on my works surface is horrible.

No haptic feedback, they just upped the screen refresh and cut the impact lag as low as possible. It works well to be honest.

Soldato
You can get screen protectors that are supposed to simulate the textured feel of paper pretty well, there's youtube video reviewing them. Some artists really like them.

Soldato
I love my ipad pro but recently when researching cloud gaming and possibly using a 360 controller for a bit of gaming or using KB+M.. its made me feel so restricted.

Are there any alternative tablets?

Soldato
The only real alternative tablet to the ipad pro is the Samsung Galaxy S4 Tab. Supports controllers and a "desktop gaming experience" via Dex but it is restricted to android games.
If you enjoy using the iPad pro pencil for creative purposes then you're probably better off sticking with it.

Back
Top Bottom