Poll: Apple iPad Pro

Are you going to buy an iPad Pro?

• Yes

Votes: 146 33.1%
  • No

Votes: 295 66.9%

• Total voters
Associate
Managed to bag both the Magic and Folio 11 from the O2 deal... sending the Magic back! Might be in the minority maybe, but I felt better using the Folio keyboard instead. Got a few decent mice spare (MX Master, Sculpt Comfort) and I’m happy with using those with the Folio.

Don’t get me wrong, the Magic keyboard is stunning, but it’s just not me, so returned and refund winging its way back to me.

Soldato
Managed to bag both the Magic and Folio 11 from the O2 deal... sending the Magic back! Might be in the minority maybe, but I felt better using the Folio keyboard instead. Got a few decent mice spare (MX Master, Sculpt Comfort) and I’m happy with using those with the Folio.

Don’t get me wrong, the Magic keyboard is stunning, but it’s just not me, so returned and refund winging its way back to me.

In what way was it not for you? I'd find it surprising that those keys would feel better on the folio.

Associate
In what way was it not for you? I'd find it surprising that those keys would feel better on the folio.

Just the way I’m used to using the current Air and the 10.5 Pro before that. Personal choice really.

The Magic is bloody glorious really, but I’d rather chuck the difference in cost on adding AppleCare+ at this point... might change my mind down the line, but it’s Folio for now!

Soldato
Just the way I’m used to using the current Air and the 10.5 Pro before that. Personal choice really.

The Magic is bloody glorious really, but I’d rather chuck the difference in cost on adding AppleCare+ at this point... might change my mind down the line, but it’s Folio for now!

Aye, that's fair. I sold my laptop a couple of months back due to not using it all that much, but I use my iPad Pro 12.9" for manga reading and some light art, so this keyboard allowing me to use it as a laptop when I want is a pretty good deal even factoring in the cost when you look at the price of decent laptops.

Associate
Magic keyboard finally arrived for my 12.9 pro, was using the previous keyboard which was always good. This is brilliant a really good upgrade, and the trackpad actually makes a huge difference. Mainly for selecting text etc which is really handy for work!

Soldato
I’ve noticed if you keep the magic keyboard attached for an extended period of time, like a week, the trackpad starts to go really laggy. Reseating it fixes it though, weird.

Soldato
Magic keyboard finally arrived for my 12.9 pro, was using the previous keyboard which was always good. This is brilliant a really good upgrade, and the trackpad actually makes a huge difference. Mainly for selecting text etc which is really handy for work!

Still have to wait a week or two for mine, bah...

Associate
Yeah, I had to order direct from Apple as I want the US layout. I find Apple's UK layouts to be really stupidly thought out.

Never really thought about the layout, a good point you make! Been getting on fine with this and can type a lot faster on this new magic keyboard versus the previous generation keyboard case.

Soldato
Ended up getting some textured skins for the keyboard.
DSC04603.jpg
DSC04605.jpg
DSC04607.jpg

Soldato
That’s one of my (very) few gripes about this keyboard, I wish there were more colour options. A Product RED one would have been great.

Man of Honour
So folks - I guess some of you will have had the Magic Keyboard for a few weeks now; how are you living with it? Has the initial "wow" worn off or is it really that good?

It really is that good. I now write all my articles on the iPad Pro as opposed to my MBP as the keyboard is a joy to use, and it's a far better portable device than my MBP as well. Also, I've not used the iPad as a touch device since, the trackpad is just perfect and just makes so much sense,

My ONLY gripe with it is occasionally the backlight gets stuck on and you have to remove the iPad from the case and reseat it, annoying when you don't realise and it's sat there draining the battery faster than it should.

The day they add a proper file system and a fully functioning IDE, I'll sell the laptop

Man of Honour
It really is that good. I now write all my articles on the iPad Pro as opposed to my MBP as the keyboard is a joy to use, and it's a far better portable device than my MBP as well. Also, I've not used the iPad as a touch device since, the trackpad is just perfect and just makes so much sense,

My ONLY gripe with it is occasionally the backlight gets stuck on and you have to remove the iPad from the case and reseat it, annoying when you don't realise and it's sat there draining the battery faster than it should.

The day they add a proper file system and a fully functioning IDE, I'll sell the laptop

I'm tempted; I was a long time iPad Pro user (2nd and 3rd gen) but ultimately needed Windows for a lot of stuff in my current role but I use VM's extensively now; the "proper" keyboard is a big one as I think I'd struggle to go back to the folio keyboard for a full-time device having used a Surface Laptop.

I might hold off and see what WWDC / iPadOS is bringing; I'd love to see proper external display support; again something I'd struggle without I think sadly!

Back
Top Bottom