Apple One

Soldato
I found out the Financial Times has a student subscription so I've been reading that. By far the best newspaper I've ever read. No gossip or opinion pieces (well very few) that are annoying to read and relatively centrist politically.

Soldato
Just that one or all?

I think I pay around £19 for family one.
All of them.

I haven't received a notification either and my subscription still has the old price. I'm sure it will change soon enough.

Soldato
All of them.

I haven't received a notification either and my subscription still has the old price. I'm sure it will change soon enough.

About £3 rise then, could be worse, and not unexpected considering all other subs going up recently.

Associate
I only pay for iCloud at present (which hasn’t seen a rise)-get AM through EE as a smart benefit and have free trials running for ATV+ and Arcade so no difference here.

We do have Spotify Premium Family though so if that sees an increase (which is likely) given the increases to the Apple services then I’ll cancel that and we’ll just use YouTube Music at that point.

Man of Honour
OP
Has anyone had issues adding family members? Added someone yesterday and they got the notification for Apple Music, but iCloud storage is still 5 GB and no option to create custom email addresses. I signed them out of iCloud and back in again, I also removed from family and added again, no change. I checked again this morning and it's still no solved. I'll try again later but I think this might be one for Apple to look into.

Man of Honour
OP
For anyone else with the iCloud+ issue, I did a screen share with Apple support and they had me disable iCloud+ sharing at a family level and re-enable it. That fixed the issue (for now).

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
For anyone else with the iCloud+ issue, I did a screen share with Apple support and they had me disable iCloud+ sharing at a family level and re-enable it. That fixed the issue (for now).
This didn't work. Ended up having a 90 minute call with a senior advisor who has gone through log collection to log a case with Apple engineering.

Associate
All of them.

I’ve had the price change notification, but still got charged the original price on renewal today!

Permabanned
I signed up for the free trial of Apple One Premier, which does the job well. I'll be adding my Mum to my account, which means it only costs us £16 a month for everything, which seems reasonable.
Considering what we get for a family membership, I’m not too unhappy with it.

It's not that bad priced if it's split between people. Adding it up on their own packages does cost a lot more so you do still save I guess.

Back
Top Bottom