Apple One

Soldato
Yeah my 200gb is going up from £2.49 to £2.99. Not earth shattering. But these kind of things need to have some kind of limit to price increases, its not like a streaming service that evolves, its simply a storage solution.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Yeah my 200gb is going up from £2.49 to £2.99. Not earth shattering. But these kind of things need to have some kind of limit to price increases, its not like a streaming service that evolves, its simply a storage solution.
It’s still a huge energy use. I listened to a podcast recently that mentioned how huge the whole cloud data problem is for the environment due to energy use.

Associate
Amazon's energy cost has gone up ~65% since pre-Covid the last I heard through work.
yikes

on the topic of apple one, it's quite useful it's nice to have your custom domains on your iCloud account which is handy but I would only get it if you need X features you are right though 2TB is too much for my usage

Man of Honour
OP
I’ve dropped mine down to the 200 GB one. My mate added me to his Office 365 Family which gives me 1TB storage and I wasn’t using Apple Fitness or News+ all that much. £10 a month saved.

Associate
I’ve dropped mine down to the 200 GB one. My mate added me to his Office 365 Family which gives me 1TB storage and I wasn’t using Apple Fitness or News+ all that much. £10 a month saved.
News+ is what I use most tbh which does frustrate me it's only on the top tier as I could live without tv+/arcade

Associate
You might be interested in this:

The only reason is News+ gives me access to a bunch of articles from a bunch of papers without needing to subscribe to each one individually (and pay tons for the few stories I read on each). I have assume ground news doesn't work this way and if I were to hit a paywalled article I would need to start signing up to the 50 news sites I occasionally view? What I would give for a Netflix for news subscription.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
News+ is what I use most tbh which does frustrate me it's only on the top tier as I could live without tv+/arcade
Fair, I use it a few times a month, certainly not enough to warrant £10 a month for it (I know there are other benefits too).

Associate
Apple One subs going up…

Caporegime
Yeah it’s time for me to try and cut them back. All I want is family music, 200gb of storage and fitness plus. That would still cost me £30 a month!

Arcade is pretty poor, tv I could sub for one month and watch what I wanted to catch up and news plus as a magazine reader deserved to be thrown in the bin. Whoever is in charge of that software needs sacking.

Soldato
I've been sharing Apple One Premier with my Mum who pays £10 and I pay the rest but I might have to downgrade as I'm not using Fitness+ as much as I thought I would and 2TB of storage is overkill.

Back
Top Bottom