Apple One

Caporegime
I don't think it's a bad price. I was paying £2.99ish for the 200GB storage and £9 for a single user for amazon music. I got to the point sharing the music that my son would always be on it which would kick me off. A family music account would cost me 3/4's of the cost of my family one plan. I don't have the one with news+. I use Apple Arcade a fair bit, although it's not something I would pay for.

Soldato
I'm abit annoyed this is £32.95 now....... If it ever gets over £35 I'm going to start shutting down parts of the subscription I don't use.

My issue is I hardly ever use Apple Music, only a couple of times a week for the same songs & that's £16.99 apparently.........id sooner just buy the tunes & keep on the phone.

Will keep an eye on it, but it better not creep up much more.

I'm curious, the 2TB storage plan, that I DEFO use - would that still allow unlimited CCTV cameras on Apple Home ? Or must it be Apple One for that ?

Last edited:
Soldato
Price hikes aren't too surprising given how poor the GBP is these days.

I've currently got the Apple Music family plan which is £15 a month and about to go up to £17 but I want to move to the Apple One family plan. I did the free trial a little while ago and then they still took payment for my Apple Music subscription, so I cancelled the Apple One trial so that I'd make the most of the Apple Music sub that I paid for.

Does anyone know what's meant to happen if I upgrade to Apple One as an actual paid sub? I'd hate to upgrade to it now and immediately pay £23 or whatever it costs now having only paid for the music sub a week or so ago.

Soldato
Please all consider self storage and hosting your own cloud. I did it a few months back and I'm saving so much money.

It’s easier to just have a family sharing the cloud. It’s well worth the £6.99 and not having to bother setting up and backing up everyone’s phone and sorted it out. Even got my parents on it.

Contacts, photos etc sure you can back them up to google but it’s only so much.

Don’t even have to bother with it or getting them to physically back it up. It just happens.

New phone? Don’t even need to be there to set it up for them now - as long as they remember their bloody password!

Last edited:
Associate
It’s easier to just have a family sharing the cloud. It’s well worth the £6.99 and not having to bother setting up and backing up everyone’s phone and sorted it out. Even got my parents on it.

Contacts, photos etc sure you can back them up to google but it’s only so much.

Don’t even have to bother with it or getting them to physically back it up. It just happens.

New phone? Don’t even need to be there to set it up for them now - as long as they remember their bloody password!
Haha, had this with my old dear last night setting her up with an Apple TV. Quite the FaceTime convo!

Associate
Took up another trial of Apple Music for another couple of months now Sonos do Spatial Audio within the app and will probably move back over to Apple One once the trial is up.

Flaws aside like no Spotify Connect, the playlists seem to have improved on Apple Music and the lyrics function on the ATV really is second to none and my girls have loved having it back.

Last edited:
Soldato
Took up another trial of Apple Music for another couple of months now Sonos do Spatial Audio within the app and will probably move back over to Apple One the trial is up.

Flaws aside like no Spotify Connect, the playlists seem to have improved on Apple Music and the lyrics function on the ATV really is second to none and my girls have loved having it back.
I'm pretty happy with Apple One Premier. I don't stream much from AppleTV+, but the rest of it is useful.

Caporegime
I use the £20 odd quid one but will probably update to the top one as the magazines have improved now to the point I can cancel Readly, all my magazines I read from there are now on Apple. It feels like a lot but I’ve been able to cancel the extra storage I paid for, Amazon family music and now Readly. That was £25 anyway. I gain even more storage, tv and fitness. I might even be able to cancel calm too.

Soldato
Spotify cancelled and rejoining Apple One at the weekend.

I think apple one is good value if you use all the services a lot, I recently cancelled mine though, for £22 a month (family plan), I realised I was not getting any value from it, Apple Music I used every now and again, Apple TV + very rarely, arcade not at all. I just cancelled and kept the iCloud storage that I share.
Instead I sub to amazon music unlimited which as a Prime subscriber I have free until August and then £8.99 a month as a prime subscriber.

A few years back I didn't mind having lots of subs on the go, but since all the price rises with everything Ive cancelled quite a lot of things or just rotate subs, like Netflix, Disney and so on.

Last edited:
Associate
I think apple one is good value if you use all the services a lot, I recently cancelled mine though, for £22 a month (family plan), I realised I was not getting any value from it, Apple Music I used every now and again, Apple TV + very rarely, arcade not at all. I just cancelled and kept the iCloud storage that I share.
Instead I sub to amazon music unlimited which as a Prime subscriber I have free until August and then £8.99 a month as a prime subscriber.

A few years back I didn't mind having lots of subs on the go, but since all the price rises with everything Ive cancelled quite a lot of things or just rotate subs, like Netflix, Disney and so on.
Yeah I was that way this time last year!

But there are a few things coming up that we want to watch on ATV+, Sonos and Spatial Audio play nice now, my girls enjoying the lyrics again on AM and Arcade during our most recent trials and the wife wanting to use Fitness+ again, the value proposition of getting Premier again made sense.

I’m sure I’ll get use out of News+ as well. Lol

Back
Top Bottom