Arcade High Scores! Current Game: Star Wars! - COME ON IN!

Soldato
The coloured flasks that appear every now and then give a chance of 100,000 bonus if you collect all the items they generate, so always worth grabbing.

If you get one on level 18 it generates only one item as theres only space for one. Easy 100,000 points as long as you can get to it.

If you pop the last enemy with the tens and hundreds in the score at the same number eg 110, 220 all bubbles on a screen will turn into 700 point items, can really help grab a few points.

Last edited:
Soldato
These scores are wild! Amazing stuff guys. I played a bit this morning and didn't make it no where near. I did manage to get some random big fruit and cake drop for a big score boost.

Soldato
i had a 499k run just there on level 28 - my 600k run i had a few of the mega drops but im still not entirely sure how they are triggered where you get the massive fruits.
I watched a video on YouTube explaining a few things on how to build points and it went over that. You need to collect the rod after collecting the same letter 3 times.

Soldato
Played a little more.

New high score, 807,150 Level 27. At least two flasks complete for 200,000 bonus. I think 2 big fruits dropped.

Remembering why I played this so much back in the day. Brilliant game.

On the C64 my mate and I used to play 2 player and got so much further than this as it was too easy to continue using the second player. It was about getting further, not about score. We'd play until we both died at the same time. Still we were able to get to the top of the screen using our own bubbles, something which I can't seem to do here.

As far as I can tell the massive fruits are triggered by the staff rod thing item that appears, which in turn requires some event to occur.

The game counts the number of times you do stuff. To get flasks for the 100,000 bonus you need to drop out of the bottom of the level and appear at the top, some 15-18 times. Some levels you can bubble up some enemies and with the red shoe drop bottom to top around 5-6 times before they need to be popped. Just try not to make this happen on the level with the heart in it as that can be a total waste.

NA2sT68.png

I also read somewhere that the game gets harder if you get too many lives.

Last edited:
Soldato
As far as I can tell the massive fruits are triggered by the staff rod thing item that appears, which in turn requires some event to occur.

The game counts the number of times you do stuff. To get flasks for the 100,000 bonus you need to drop out of the bottom of the level and appear at the top, some 15-18 times. Some levels you can bubble up some enemies and with the red shoe drop bottom to top around 5-6 times before they need to be popped. Just try not to make this happen on the level with the heart in it as that can be a total waste.
I had Parasol Stars (third game in the series, I believe) on Gameboy, and it seemingly had these sort of secret rules. I had no idea what triggered everything, including how you would end up in different worlds on some playthroughs compared with others. Seems it's a series feature.

I've not improved my previous score on this one. I'm glad there's been a lot of people digging into it this time, and some very impressive scores. Turns out, it's not my sort of game any more though (did put lots of time into Parasol stars as a kid) - just haven't really engaged with it.

Soldato
Ok, I had one last go and got 351,960.

It was the first time I got the fireballs, and actually had it 3 or 4 times in just the one run.

I actually started to 'feel' it this time. Perhaps it's one you appreciate the more you play it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom