ArcheAge, Ultima Online's rebirth?

Associate
First time I've played a F2P game that has a sub... I kind of feel... bad? I mean, I'm a Patron playing against people who might not be. Does anyone else get the feeling of, well, possibly competing with people who are at a disadvantage? It's like playing against handicapped people in the main Olympics. It saps the fun.

Soldato
These new servers passing through customs, will that mean fresh new EU servers will be online soon or will existing ones be ported across?

I'll happily re-roll to a new server if it means better a ping and seeing as I know a lot more about classes and housing/farms I'd probably enjoy it more.

Permabanned
I wouldn't have minded rerolling if the pack i bought from the store wasn't so rubbish and only applied to one character. Really regret buying it tbh, especially as i upgraded a glider to the same speed as the one in the pack for a whole 2G on an alt lol. My own fault for assuming the things they listed in it were great without really knowing anything though.

Soldato
How do you reckon this game is for casual gamers? I only tend to play a few nights a week for a couple of hours each. I don't mind abit of a grind but if it's going to take me several months...

Soldato
How do you reckon this game is for casual gamers? I only tend to play a few nights a week for a couple of hours each. I don't mind abit of a grind but if it's going to take me several months...

I have had no issue levelling, but its the queue that's the issue, especially if your casual, you may not be able to do much trading but you can play and have some fun once you can login.

Soldato
Not sure as to whether I should delete my warehouse char ready for any new servers they throw up, think for my last level 10 it was 24hours which could prove a problem.

Associate
I would just like to say this game is awesome... feels like when wow was in beta... never even heard of it till release... glad i did though.. excellent MMO

Caporegime
How does the auction house work? I try to sell an item will it automatically put it up for the lowest price, or do I have to search/set the price myself? Too lazy for that right now :p

the buyout price is the lowest, the bid is stupidly low so whenever you put anything on the AH just adjust the bid.

ie

buyout at the bottom shows as 10g
chance the bid to 9g99s

it's the same with stacks make the bid a tiny bit lower than the buy.

it's not asking the bid for each item but the whole thing the number you are selling is irrelevant

Soldato
First time I've played a F2P game that has a sub... I kind of feel... bad? I mean, I'm a Patron playing against people who might not be. Does anyone else get the feeling of, well, possibly competing with people who are at a disadvantage? It's like playing against handicapped people in the main Olympics. It saps the fun.

No, because you simply get more labour points and a queue skip which has zero effect for your pvp so you have no advantage over those you are competing with. Not sure what you possibly thought your advantage was?

Permabanned
Well that sucks, i bought patron last night :( grr.

Seems you'll get compensation :

One Month Patron: Was £10.99, now £8.99. Purchasers will receive a one-time grant of 450 Credits.
Three Month Patron: Was £27.99, now £23.97. Purchasers will receive a one-time grant of 910 Credits.
Six Month Patron: Was £47.99, now £41.94. Purchasers will receive a one-time grant of 1375 Credits.

Associate
First thing I did was turn off the Faction chat anyway, that's where they all spam, so I hardly see any gold spammers. The odd one comes through on Nation chat.

With Guild, Party, Family, Raid, Whisper, etc there's too much chat on my screen as it is!

Suspended
Gold spammers have found a way to stop us blocking them in chat now. Comes up character does not exist when you try :(

I just noticed that. It seems they're using a script or bot to instantly log out after spamming and we're not able to add characters to the block list if they're offline. Highly frustrating.

Back
Top Bottom