• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
It’s a pre-order - you’re paying for OCUK to get one as it comes in, on a first come first serve basis (hence folk looking at order numbers to get an idea if they’re at the front or back of the queue, how many people are ahead, etc)

I do think at at this stage, given the size of the queue, they should either stop taking pre-orders or at least better manage customer expectations on the product screens
I have no problem with a pre-order, But I do have a problem with them saying the item was going to be in stock on the 22nd September, All feels a bit dishonest to me

Associate
Order Number: 5860795
17th sept, 14.32pm

Gigabyte Aorus Master

Anyone any info on what kind of turnaround time I could be looking at? I feel like nowhere has received any stock of this card yet

Associate
17th sept, 14.32pm

Gigabyte Aorus Master

Anyone any info on what kind of turnaround time I could be looking at? I feel like nowhere has received any stock of this card yet

I ordered this card too, there's no release date from Aorus yet, so no one will receive one for a while. Probably looking after the 3090 launch though

Soldato
17th sept, 14.32pm

Gigabyte Aorus Master

No one knows, but Gibbo has estimated that orders before 15:00 could be this month and after 15:00 is looking October onwards... But obviously that'll depend on model and what stock they actually get arriving.

Associate
I ordered the TUF at 16:53 and the same thing happened with me. Messaged them and got the £9 refund.
someone ordered it after us both and somehow got it for £650. Dunno how that works.

Just use a screenshot someone else took of it showing £650 before they hit the "Buy Now" button... guess they're going to clock on and start check timings of orders instead.

Associate
17th sept, 14.32pm

Gigabyte Aorus Master

Theres no confirmed date or anything sadly.
Based on https://twitter.com/DWslider/status/1306611566322814977 and also that on gigabytes launch livestream showing it they said they were still tweaking fan curves etc makes me feel that you're definitely looking mid/late October to early November for them to start shipping.

Associate
I have no problem with a pre-order, But I do have a problem with them saying the item was going to be in stock on the 22nd September, All feels a bit dishonest to me

The problem with the 'ETA' system is it is accurate but useless information as it takes no account of order volume and the delivery quantity is never assured either.

So it is not dishonest, it just doesn't mean what people think it means, which is why as Gibbo mentioned they have now stopped using it.

Our system sets a pre-order date based on a delivery arriving, unfortunately it does not take into account quantity ordered, or quantity sold.

We have now made the decision to kill the ETA system, MSI cards did arrive today as per the website, but the amount was way smaller than the amount ordered, MSI are aware that we have pre-sold several thousand of their cards, so they know to get making the cards to meet the orders.

Soldato
Yea most places have stopped taking any more orders because you don't really wanna build a backlog when you already have a shortage.

Some people would ask what is a reasonable time frame.

One month
Two months
Three months
Next year

I paid on a credit card for better security etc but would like the goods if possible on the doorstep before the first payment I make to that credit card. In this case it won't be possible so then knowing a time frame even if it's a 4-6 weeks wait least I know something.
I think within 3 months is fairly reasonable, we knew demand was scarce from previous notifications and rumors. I totally get where you're coming from though with regards to paying on credit, ideally you want to know before you start making payments. Best ting to do like you say is to wait a few weeks until we get a better idea on volumes that ocuk will be getting through. I have a feeling they'll know early October when orders will be fulfilled as suppliers will give them dates for quantities they will have ordered.

From Gibbo:
The pre order dates were removed this afternoon but our site and IT has being under heavy strain resulting in certain parts of site not updating as quick as normal and is also having some glitches which seemed ironed out now and hopefully by morning all be sorted.

But I removed all dates around 16:00 today and it’s taken hours to update, IT being working on it and still are I believe.

Associate
Joining in:

ASUS TUF
17/9/20
17:09
586542X

Would've been sooner but my first order was cancelled due to my credit card's fraud protection. Couldn't have happened at a worse time!
Tell me about it! Happened to me too, lost about half an hour due to it. From now on I'll make sure to only use cards where they have implemented 2FA in this type of scenario.

Associate
No one knows, but Gibbo has estimated that orders before 15:00 could be this month and after 15:00 is looking October onwards... But obviously that'll depend on model and what stock they actually get arriving.

Don't want to burst bubbles but he said he thinks anyone after 14:05 wouldn't see a card this month, not 15:00
All the MSI cards we got, were shipped this morning which was not many and we sold thousands of MSI cards.

This is a guess but I think anyone after 14:05 won't see a card in September, those before 15:00 maybe October but until we get shipment data for October we are in the dark, that information is requested but it seems it won't be available to the graphics card manufacturers until end of this month.

Associate
Was amused to see we were same minute, same card, etc. Amusement will last until you get yours first, and mine arrives in December. :D And Nickoglas, too!

Haha great minds think alike eh.

Oft if it’s December I’ll have to just play Cyberpunk as I really can’t wait for that game!
To be fair I’m running a strix OC 1080 so it’s not really bad. Probably part of the reason why I’m okay with waiting however long it takes, within reason!

Caporegime
I was thinking this, looks like EVGA will be peoples best bet once their stock lands.

which with Evga past performance might be January. Last two launches they send all their cards to the American market first and maybe one or two to the uk. People waited over three months for their Evga cards last time,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom