• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I'll join in

Was amused to see we were same minute, same card, etc. Amusement will last until you get yours first, and mine arrives in December. :D And Nickoglas, too!

TBH I am not desperate for my card to arrive
Ditto - my R9 Nano is doing alright but getting pretty stretched by my attempting for 1440p 144hz or by the rare attempt to try and power my TV downstairs.

Last edited:
Associate
I had payment accepted at 14:38 which is still there in amazon pay. But there is no order in my account.

I have a confirmed order at 14:42 which they have taken payment for too.

Associate
Wouldn't it be nice if management could tell us how many of each card was ordered in the first 24h.

Then we could understand how long the queue maybe for each card in question.

Could even go as far as telling us how many of each card was purchased each hour for the first 24h.

Data is everything when people want to work out if they can wait or wish to cancel.

Associate
Don't forget that there was an initial stock of cards and then there were then subsequent deliveries and despatches. On the graph it would effectively be an eraser of the initial orders as they are fulfilled. On top of that there are people like myself who ordered a card knowing it wasn't even going to be in stock until the end of October, so several people who placed orders after I did might receive product days or even weeks before me.

Trying to work this out with data which doesn't even exist is not a reasonable possibility.

Associate
Wouldn't it be nice if management could tell us how many of each card was ordered in the first 24h.

Then we could understand how long the queue maybe for each card in question.

Could even go as far as telling us how many of each card was purchased each hour for the first 24h.

Data is everything when people want to work out if they can wait or wish to cancel.

I doubt they will do that wouldn’t OC lose money if to many ppl cancelled?

Associate
UPDATE FOR FORUM MEMBERS - TO INCREASE CHANCES OF GETTING ONE ON LAUNCH DAY!

The following cards are in stock right now and shall be available to order around 14:00 today, quantities are limited and expected to sell out straight away, GOOD LUCK!

- Gigabyte Eagle
- Gigabyte Gaming
- Asus TUF
- Palit Gaming Pro
- Palit Gaming Pro OC
- Zotac Trinity

Stock arriving over next few days:
- MSI Ventus
- MSI Trio
- Asus TUF
- Palit Gaming Pro
- Gigabyte Eagle
- Gigabyte Gaming
- Zotac Trinity

The numbers incoming are limited, as such the majority will probably be waiting until October to receive a card, as demand at launch will seriously out strip supply this month.

Unfortunately hitting MSRP has proven tough, the MSRP's were set when the pound was 1.33-1.34 this can easily be confirmed by checking charts, and stock has been arriving at OcUK purchased at rates of 1.27-1.29 as such MSRP's are a real struggle. Brands are working with us to allow us to hit MSRP, but unless the pound recovers back to 1.33-1.34 levels then the prices will go up by approximately £30-£40 a card, so do be warned, pre-ordering will save you money but the window of opportunity to do so shall be slim, potentially minutes at 14:00

October shipments are looking much more plentiful, plus hopefully Brexit discussions will find a positive outcome and thus MSRP's shall be met again but unfortunately I cannot predict where the pound shall be in a weeks or months time it could get better and thus prices go back to MSRP (1.33-1.34) or it stays where it is now and prices remain higher or it gets worse.......

Be patient, we do expect huge demand come 14:00 and I realise that many of you won't be getting a card tomorrow so we ask for you to be patient please as we shall be working hard to secure as much more future allocation as possible to meet demand.

NVIDIA have a truly incredible product and you also get the FREE Watch Dogs and GeForce NOW promotion when buying from OcUK also.

This is a heads up for OcUK forum members only, don't post it on other websites it is to give you guys better odds of getting one on release day.

Less than one hour and counting.

Also we have left all cards listed as Pre-Order, even the in stock cards, this is simply again to give forum members a better chance but also because we feel as our website updates every 60s and due to cache can take longer it will help avoid disappointment from customers placing orders for cards showing in stock or 10+ when the stock actually sold out whilst they were ordering but due to the 60s cycle or website cache the customer was unaware.

As such OcUK will not display any cards in stock, even though we have stock on above lines. :)

BROWSE ALL 3080 SERIES!

Do you have anything in stock at the moment? And of not whats the earliest I could get something

Associate
I doubt they will do that wouldn’t OC lose money if to many ppl cancelled?
People have a right to know if they will be waiting up to 3 months for a card they have paid for.

I got my order in early in the first 30 mins so I'm hopeful to get card delivered within 3 weeks.

Hopefully manufacturers will up there game and push cards out fast to catch up with demand.

Associate
Depends on what stock CPUs etc., Joking aside, I would say nothing is in stock ~ and any that are inside the building, will be shipped out tomorrow

I am awaiting a mouse ~ which was ordered earlier in the day

Soldato
Gibbo is posting all the stock updates in this stickied thread, https://www.overclockers.co.uk/foru...-to-cancel-your-order.18899277/#post-33952938

Only small batches (which Gibbo said small batch is less than 50) and since you ordered at 4.55 you're definitely looking at October the earliest, depending how production scaling goes potential November or longer if they don't scale it up quick.

Cheers. Haha glad I didn't sell my 2080ti then. Integrated graphics would get old in about 15 minutes.

Associate
Associate
Just in case you need any more orders.

ASUS TUF Gaming
Order Number: 586650#
Date ordered: 17/09/2020 17:40:09

Also jumped £50 to £698.99 when going to checkout.

Price dropped on site later to £689.99 so I got stung an extra £10 if not the full £50. (excludes delivery)

Associate
Just in case you need any more orders.

ASUS TUF Gaming
Order Number: 586650#
Date ordered: 17/09/2020 17:40:09

Also jumped £50 to £698.99 when going to checkout.

Price dropped on site later to £689.99 so I got stung an extra £10 if not the full £50. (excludes delivery)

I ordered the TUF at 16:53 and the same thing happened with me. Messaged them and got the £9 refund.
someone ordered it after us both and somehow got it for £650. Dunno how that works.

Soldato
Can i just say, if ocuk wasn't confident they could fulfill these orders within a reasonable time frame they wouldn't leave the pre orders open? I mean its make sense, no one in the their right mind would keep taking orders despite knowing they wouldn't be able to get the stock. It's bad business to do so, i'm quite confident that ocuk will be able to fulfill most orders by November latest.

Associate
Can i just say, if ocuk wasn't confident they could fulfill these orders within a reasonable time frame they wouldn't leave the pre orders open? I mean its make sense, no one in the their right mind would keep taking orders despite knowing they wouldn't be able to get the stock. It's bad business to do so, i'm quite confident that ocuk will be able to fulfill most orders by November latest.
Yea most places have stopped taking any more orders because you don't really wanna build a backlog when you already have a shortage.

Associate
Some people would ask what is a reasonable time frame.

One month
Two months
Three months
Next year

I paid on a credit card for better security etc but would like the goods if possible on the doorstep before the first payment I make to that credit card. In this case it won't be possible so then knowing a time frame even if it's a 4-6 weeks wait least I know something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom