• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
How do we know that the increase in order numbers are exclusively for 3080 cards, a big number of the orders could be generic Oc orders ?

Couldn’t a jump of 500 in order number in reality be an order of just 60 3080 cards ?

Associate
How do we know that the increase in order numbers are exclusively for 3080 cards, a big number of the orders could be generic Oc orders ?

Couldn’t a jump of 500 in order number in reality be an order of just 60 3080 cards ?
There will be orders for other stuff in there but doubtful for any of the earlier orders (say 2pm to around 5pm'ish) as no one would have been able to get on the site to buy anything. I doubt the numbers will be only 60 out of 500 either, that's just wishful thinking!

Associate
There will be orders for other stuff in there but doubtful for any of the earlier orders (say 2pm to around 5pm'ish) as no one would have been able to get on the site to buy anything. I doubt the numbers will be only 60 out of 500 either, that's just wishful thinking!

I agree. OCUK is a big company with plenty of orders going on daily but the average day might only be 500 - 1000 orders (guessing). In the 24h period from launch they took in excess of 10000 orders easy.

Associate
I doubt the numbers will be only 60 out of 500 either, that's just wishful thinking!

During the afternoon I’d be surprised if as much a 1% of the orders didn’t include a 3080.

With the state of the site most people wanting other stuff would have just waited until later.

Soldato
Associate
If it helps with the table;

Order Number: 58603XX
Date ordered: 17/09/2020 14:16:30
Rog Strix OC - and I was aware before ordering that it would be a pre-order as Asus had confirmed elsewhere no availability until week of the 21st at the earliest

Last edited:
Associate
My order number is 58652xx I ordered at 17.06

I wanted an MSI but the site just wouldn’t load for me, then when I did get on I seen the Zotac 3080 was saying 4 left in stock and figured it would be one of the less sought after cards, how bad am I in this queue? I’m hoping that going for the Zotac will mean less of a wait lol

Associate
it is entirely dependant on how quick suppliers can turn the card round, and it is not just OCUK they are shipping batches to

anything before Cyberpunk / Assassins Creed / Far Cry will be a plus for me ~ as for Watch Dogs Legion, and only 1000 codes? i was not overly interested in the first two, but never say no to a Free Game if you can get one

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
No many would have bothered making a non 3080 order with the servers getting hammered like that. Only frenzied 3080 would put up with that to get their order in.

Associate
Just to jump into the Excel warriors group, I was interested to see what the orders looked like:

2QjHgTd.png
Obviously the low level of accuracy is a bit of a nightmare for plotting it, but hey - what're error bars for.

ujGlyhD.png
Here it really doesn't matter. You can sort of see that "second wave" of stock happen, and then the tail off.

Associate
TBH I am not desperate for my card to arrive, my 5 year old MSI GTX 980 ti Gaming 6G is still doing well at 1080p at 100hz+ with most games I play (it has a mild OC on it), most things at high\very high settings. It's paired with a 2700X and 32gb of 3200Mhz ram, 2 X M.2 NVME SSD'd etc.

It's just that I do play on a 4K display, ready for that 4k gaming goodness and I have waited a long time for a new graphics card, but it's not like me waiting a bit longer is going to negatively affect my current gaming experience, so I am kind of good with a wait for my new card.

Associate
I got very lucky with my order, was a case of refreshing against the advice of the page (as was on the payment screen) but then, it very slowly went through.

although I was forced to check out using PayPal for some reason, it would not let me use any other payment method - was wanting to use credit card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom