• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
From what I've been told there were are 1700 pre orders of the MSI 3080 Gaming X Trio alone.

Chances of getting one before Christmas are slim and to expect a mass email once OCUK get a stock update from Nvidia.

Caporegime
Everyone would be ordering exclusively the TUF if nvidia didn't set up review embargos in such an anti-consumer fashion.

I'm still surprised how well the TUF does and makes me question what will the Strix even bring to the table considering its so much more because looking at everything it can't bring anything. The Aorus cards were shown only to max out at 2050mhz at 65c, if strix does the same theres no point paying that £150+ more for it over the TUF which is doing 1950mhz @ 62c, 100mhz difference doesn't really amount to much.

A lot of that might just be down to the silicon lottery anyway. You could have a TUF which does 2050Mhz and an Auros which only does 1950.

Associate
I can get a 3080 eagle from Curry's to collect in store just a shame bude is a 7 hour drive away and that's the only store I can find with stock. Would just be my luck that I drive all day just to find out it was a stock error

Associate
I can get a 3080 eagle from Curry's to collect in store just a shame bude is a 7 hour drive away and that's the only store I can find with stock. Would just be my luck that I drive all day just to find out it was a stock error

You'd be insane to drive 14 hours for a graphics card!

Permabanned
Is the exchange rate really that volatile that you have to literally wait right up until the selling window to set the final price?

I don't buy it, this is simply extracting as much money from your customer base as possible.

Fair play people will pay it, but others like myself are put off by these shady practices.
Seems Sony and the retailers are exempt from currency price fluctuations with the ps5 preorders.

Associate

You're not seriously considering a 14h round trip just to get a new graphics card?! :eek:

Associate
From what I've been told there were are 1700 pre orders of the MSI 3080 Gaming X Trio alone.

Chances of getting one before Christmas are slim and to expect a mass email once OCUK get a stock update from Nvidia.

No chance of me getting one of these then (what I pre-ordered). I think this is actually worse than the 1080 launch.

Not massively bothered but I don't want OCUK holding onto almost 800 quid for months. Likely to offer refunds soon?

Associate
No I didn't buy it but it has gone oos now,
never mind saved me a drive.
Plus I only ever buy from OC
I just love haribos ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom