• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Launch DAY!? They've still not fulfilled launch HOUR yet....

The website was down for a while after launch hour, it doesn't mean much to me in terms of who ordered what on what hour due to the sites availability, getting an idea on the scope of the day and the ETA on fulfilment for Gigabyte cards would be gratefully received.

Associate
This morning when I rang to cancel my 3090 order - I asked about the 3080 Asus TUF non OC and OC - about which (if I order) again how far would I sit in the queue - I was told the non OC card as at 8:40am this morning was about 1700+ orders deep and the OC version about 700+ deep.
I've since added myself back into the 3080 queue with the gigabyte aorus xtreme so probably plum last! - will see if I have the card in Nov maybe.............

Associate
I just saw in their latest news update that they compared their pre order system to buying a concert ticket, and that by allowing pre orders with payment up front this gives them more leverage over suppliers.

I completely disagree as can you imagine the uproar if an event organiser sold thousands of tickets to a Taylor Swift gig before they have even spoke to Taylor Swift, then used those ticket sales as leverage to try and book Taylor Swift.

Ridiculous imo.
That is actually a really clear way to explain wtf is going on. O-o

Associate
I mean the team answering the calls is not the same as the team developing the queue query system. So call away I guess.
Not trying be smart here but I think u might potentially be wrong. There was one long post here from one of their staff last Friday and he mentioned that because of the amount of queries they are receiving daily regarding 3080 their staff need to answer 200-300 webnotes each every day on top of their normal work even tho they don't normally looking after customer service. So I would give them a break. If they really have plan to come up with the working system soon than let's give them time to work on it rather than bother them with questions that won't change our situation in any way.

Associate
forget 7000 back logged preorders, lets just go with 5000, each card an average of £600 so lets go with 600x5000=3000000

not adding 3090s or 3070s

Thats a cool 3 million in the bank earning interest at an average of 1 to 2%, lets just say 1% interest rate, thats 30 grand, minus 20% tax thats 24k give or take, now 2 months of pre orders is around 2k a month so £4000 in interest earned for pre-orders over two months.

I might be wrong but its a quick calculation. he he he

Associate
I just saw in their latest news update that they compared their pre order system to buying a concert ticket, and that by allowing pre orders with payment up front this gives them more leverage over suppliers.

I completely disagree as can you imagine the uproar if an event organiser sold thousands of tickets to a Taylor Swift gig before they have even spoke to Taylor Swift, then used those ticket sales as leverage to try and book Taylor Swift.

Ridiculous imo.

Unbelievable and unprofessional.

Associate
I ordered my MSI gaming x trio 17th 14:28:00 according to the unofficial queue I'm 79th. With the information we just got I could actually be a lot lower than that. One can only hope haha.
79th your lucky thats a short number, MSI cards are the biggest seller which means the most stock which means more delivery which means you should receive your card in 7 days based on 2 weekly delivery's of 40 cards, man next week your gonna be gaming 3080 style

damn u see some people on the bay selling 3080s right now for £1200-£1400 and people are bidding and buying them at that price, also 3090s selling for £2200 quid, thats worse than people checking this thread every 18 hours. :)

Associate
If You not noticed Jay2knownothing is reason the CAP's thing exploaded in internet... Then one by one p[eople that are more inteligent are checking and saying hes wrong basically
Yeah, I unsubscribed to the guy a long time ago. He's all mouth no brain. He also acts like a man baby anytime he gets called out on it, deletes comments that point out when he's wrong and has no problem insulting others but freaks out if someone calls him. He's a poser, nothing else.

Associate
forget 7000 back logged preorders, lets just go with 5000, each card an average of £600 so lets go with 600x5000=3000000

not adding 3090s or 3070s

Thats a cool 3 million in the bank earning interest at an average of 1 to 2%, lets just say 1% interest rate, thats 30 grand, minus 20% tax thats 24k give or take, now 2 months of pre orders is around 2k a month so £4000 in interest earned for pre-orders over two months.

I might be wrong but its a quick calculation. he he he
Try 0.01% interest paid quarterly or even annually for most business accounts (of course this likely to spin on long enough for quarterly interest to kick in for a descent chunk). Also there's a pretty good chance that legally they have to keep the money in a zero interest "holding account" until the order completes (AFAIK that's kind of what holding accounts are for).

Permabanned

Ridiculous imo.
@Vsynced
guess you not heard about ULTRA FESTIVAL not even they cancelled due to corvid not refunded money or anything

https://www.billboard.com/articles/...ra-music-festival-miami-no-refund-coronavirus

followed by
https://completemusicupdate.com/article/cancelled-ultra-music-festival-sued-over-its-refunds-policy/

Those are 300 quid tickets FIY two of my mates got shafted ended up flying to usa for a week cause had hotels and flights booked alrd.

So ye You seen xxxx alll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom