• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
How is it not helping? Rather than being completely in the dark, I now know I was in the first ~1800 orders or so.

If news starts to come in that retailers are receiving no more than 1,000 cards each by October, I know I'm SoL till November+.

No wonder such high post counts exist, with dozens of comments adding nothing to a discussion :rolleyes:

Associate
Hey if we get the mythical cards before the PS5 launches that means we at least had a shorter pre order wait than them, look at the bright side.

Caporegime
I've never seen so many virtual tears in all my life guys. You'll get your cards (eventually).

Would be hilarious if people get their cards first from other places and who have not pre-ordered and just buy once stock hits...

You’re basically chaining yourself to ocuk...with an order that may not be fulfilled for months and months...

I’ve been in this game countless times...and the people who pre-order apart from a select few end up waiting longer than the people who just wait for stock to hit and keep an eye out ...

Associate
They don't yet because there hasn't been updates on stock yet, but when there is, people will at least have a vague idea of where they stand in terms of how many other people ordered the same card, and who managed to order one before them. Even without stock updates people can still at least get an idea of demand, that might be of value to some people, even if it isn't to me personally

I mean who cares either way, I certainly don't, but lets not pretend posting ':p:p:p' style posts to literally every single person is somehow putting you above it all in the pointless and coming across as weird stakes :p

Associate
Do we know how long the wait is?

For example, if I put in an order for a 3080 TUF OC today, what's the realistic time frame to expect to have it in hand?

4 weeks from now (mid Oct) or more Nov?

The sentiment I get is if you didn't preorder on launch day, or maybe the day after, you're not getting one till next year. Unless you get lucky elsewhere with restocks.

Associate
Why?

The numbers of orders are meaningless unless you know how much stock of any given card will be allocated to ocuk...

From what Gibbo told us, they will receive small amounts of cards from few makers. Small means less than 50 to quote Gibbo.

So, with that data let's say I'm like 300 in the overall queue considering the time of my purchase and around 100 with the model of the GPU I ordered. My model has small stock incoming next week and till end of September shipments will be small but the chance should be pretty high to get the card early-mid October.

This is Gibbo's quote, and of course all of us are waiting for future updates. :)

Less than 50 is small, more than 50 is average, more than 100 is big and more than 1000 is a dream.

So I will use less, average, big and a dream to help give people an idea but were not allowed to post exact numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom