ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 360 AM4 Monting brackets

Associate
Sent a request to them for an AM4 Rev3 kit for a 280AIO I got a few weeks ago, hopefully should be simple enough once I evenually hear back, the offset certainly looks useful if nothing else.

Soldato
You can install with the VRM fan pointing down.

I’ve seen it done that way as well so that the fan cools the M2 slot rather than the VRM which ain’t a bad idea.

Have mine with the fan pointing down and running ok. If i try to have the fan pointing up the tubes are twisted and forced into the fans on the radiator.

Also waiting on a reply about the brackets. Will give that email address a go, hopefully get a answer from that.

Associate
Just got my brackets and have tried to fit it to an Gigabyte Aorus master x570 motherboard. The top bracket seems to foul on the capacitors to left of the socket. Also the same on an Asus Crosshair VII hero, although on the Hero it will fit in the Am3 position.

Also, there is a huge amount of play on the backplate. Emailed Artic to see what their support says.

Associate
Just got my brackets and have tried to fit it to an Gigabyte Aorus master x570 motherboard. The top bracket seems to foul on the capacitors to left of the socket. Also the same on an Asus Crosshair VII hero, although on the Hero it will fit in the Am3 position.

Also, there is a huge amount of play on the backplate. Emailed Artic to see what their support says.
I'd be interested in what they say, could you report back when they've replied please?

Associate
I am so glad I stumbled across this thread, my revision two was a ball ache to mount when I got my 5900x. Looking at their instructions and video for the revision three the new clips etc will make it so much easier. I plan on moving cases soon so was not looking forward to installing again. Have emailed Arctic now to see if they still are happy to provide the clips/brackets as a standalone. Funninly on their instructions they even say to contact support if you don't have them.

Associate
All i got from Arctic support was a email confirming my request and that someone would respond as soon as possible, that was on the 16th.

It took them about a week to respond to my first mail asking how do I order the brackets. When I actually sent them my details so they could ship them out, only a couple of days.

Associate
I got my Revision 3 kit today also, unfortunately the brackets get in the way of my m.2 cover on the x570 Dark Hero.
Another thing, like focus130 says there is a lot play in the backplate, looks like I also need a different backplate from Arctic.

Will try again tomorrow on my x570 Unify, see how that is. Hopefully works out all right.
If that is no better, will consider installing it without the brackets.

Associate
I got my Revision 3 kit today also, unfortunately the brackets get in the way of my m.2 cover on the x570 Dark Hero.
Another thing, like focus130 says there is a lot play in the backplate, looks like I also need a different backplate from Arctic.

Will try again tomorrow on my x570 Unify, see how that is. Hopefully works out all right.
If that is no better, will consider installing it without the brackets.

In their installation instructions they show an correct and incorrect backplate. The correct one should have about 3mm screw hole showing above the motherboard. The 3 backplates I have all seem to be correct. I can only assume that maybe when the pump is installed that it somehow sandwiches everything together for a tight fit.

Anyway, I did anticipate this backplate problem and ordered one from Artic a week ago. It has been sat in a German DHL warehouse for a week.

Associate

For the sake of clarity - having just fitted a rev 3 to my x570 master I can confirm there is no issue with compatibility using the standard mounting holes. Offset mounting will not work because of the m.2 slot.

There is of course play in the backplate when the block is not on it (mounting pressure lifts it up) - at which point it will neither be loose nor foul the cap top left of the socket.

Associate
For the sake of clarity - having just fitted a rev 3 to my x570 master I can confirm there is no issue with compatibility using the standard mounting holes. Offset mounting will not work because of the m.2 slot.

There is of course play in the backplate when the block is not on it (mounting pressure lifts it up) - at which point it will neither be loose nor foul the cap top left of the socket.
Thanks for your post and clarification about the backplate.
What cpu are you cooling with the Arctic Freezer?
And what temperatures are you getting with the cooler in the standard mounting position.

As I am unable to use the offset mounting on my board.

Associate
This is not useful info really as I cannot give you deltas and nor will your case config be the same as mine. Without PBO on a 5950x and at the power limit for an all core load I see a tdie of 71C. Top mounted 280, 50% PWM for fans and pump.

Associate
Fitted a 360 to my B550 tomahawk today. For fitting the cooler in the ryzen 3000 position I had to file a bit of the bottom bracket to clear the nvme drive. I then had to remove the cover because the bracket would hit it when you tightened the cooler down.

Clears the caps at the left. If you try and fit it normally the top bracket hits the caps at the top. oddly if you fit the brackets the wrong way round it fits no problem - I'll need to try that to see if there is a temp change.

Associate
Fitted a 360 to my B550 tomahawk today. For fitting the cooler in the ryzen 3000 position I had to file a bit of the bottom bracket to clear the nvme drive. I then had to remove the cover because the bracket would hit it when you tightened the cooler down.

Clears the caps at the left. If you try and fit it normally the top bracket hits the caps at the top. oddly if you fit the brackets the wrong way round it fits no problem - I'll need to try that to see if there is a temp change.
Interesting, keep us updated.

Associate
So Arctic emailed me back yesterday - messaged them just before christmas. They are sending me the bracket. Although reading through this doesnt look like it will even work once it arrives as I am on Crosshair VIII. Oh well, it's just a pain but still workable. Luckily the next move I will need to do on it wont be till I move cases when my 011D XL turns up in January. Even that will be only temporary until I build my new loop, (stupid stupid 3090FE block still not being relased by EK).

Associate
Swapped mounting round so the plate is in its stock configuration.

Set voltages and frequencies manually.

Normal position was 4-5C warmer in the same stress tests at the same conditions. There was also a greater different in the temp between the CCX's with 7-9C for stock and 4-5C for the ryzen 3000 placement.

Ryzen 3900x on a B550 tomahawk mobo.

in the ryzen 3000 position the TP looks like this

p5pb19945595.jpg

p5pb19945593.jpg

stock position it fits the IHS corner to corner

p5pb19945598.jpg

p5pb19945596.jpg

Back
Top Bottom