ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 360 AM4 Monting brackets

Associate
Finally got this response from them:-

thanks for your request.
We cant say for sure which version you will recveive.
If you get any REV2 versions we will ship you a kit for free. Ryzen Series 3000 and upwards should use the offset mounting for better cooling.

Soldato
They're not exactly big on instructions are they? I've got the 280 version of this and the instructions, well there aren't any in the box. Still trying to find out how you're supposed to install it and not sure of the revision number either dear oh dear

edit: found it eventually its revision 3 so thats something at least

Last edited:
Associate
Finally got this response from them:-

thanks for your request.
We cant say for sure which version you will recveive.
If you get any REV2 versions we will ship you a kit for free. Ryzen Series 3000 and upwards should use the offset mounting for better cooling.

@focus130 Regarding offset mounting - do you know if I can install bracket and pump upside-down (i.e. so VRM fan is pointing down)? I have Ryzen 5600x, but I cannot fit lower bracket with offset mount on lower mounting as it collides with MSI B550M mortar M.2. port. It would fit though if I install it upside down, but I'm not sure if it will be "offset" properly in such position? Or would it be even worse than "standard Ryzen" mounting (with which I don't have any collisions)?

Soldato
OP
Just use whatever one secures it best, don't get hung up on the VRM, I'm not saying its a gimmick, but its something none of the other AIOs have, so it doesn't have to be blowing onto your VRM.

Getting getting stable contact is far more important.

Associate
I'm not concerned about VRM fan - to be honest, before installation I disconnected it as my VRM section has good heatsinks and airflow around them is sufficient to keep VRM section in low 50s (under full load).
My main concern with upside down installation of offset mount is:
a) can pomp work in that position reliably, without noise?
b) will thermals still improve compared to "standard AM4" mounting?

If a) is true, I can simply check b) myself, though with 2.5C differences I've seen reported (under rev.3 installation guide on youtube) it might be hard, as I cannot control environment precisely enough. That is why I'm asking about b) explicitly - maybe someone already tested it and have seen no difference between up-straight and upside-down mounting.

Soldato
OP
You could have tried all mounting options in the time it took you to write all that :p

a) Yes

b) No idea. Just use the new bracket. It’s a far more robust mounting.

Associate
@focus130 Regarding offset mounting - do you know if I can install bracket and pump upside-down (i.e. so VRM fan is pointing down)? I have Ryzen 5600x, but I cannot fit lower bracket with offset mount on lower mounting as it collides with MSI B550M mortar M.2. port. It would fit though if I install it upside down, but I'm not sure if it will be "offset" properly in such position? Or would it be even worse than "standard Ryzen" mounting (with which I don't have any collisions)?

You can install with the VRM fan pointing down.

Back
Top Bottom