Are you doing anything with Hue?

Caporegime
Do they work cleanly with hue then? I saw your note but thought it was a faff ?

From Philips below. I guess this is ok and I assume the bulb tells the hue bridge that it’s been turned off ? I just want it so I can do what I need with bulb and then have a manual switch than can turn the light off and still allow hue to turn it back on

Incompatible: ALL 3rd party switches
3rd party switches can usually be added, like the ones made by Lutron, Busch Jaeger or Dresden Elektronik, but they are not exposed to apps as such, and hence can’t be configured by apps. They usually only communicate on Zigbee level (the wireless protocol the Hue lights use) and transmit their commands directly to the bulbs instead of using the bridge.

Last edited:
Soldato
Picked up the Philips starter kit bit it seems like they messed up and have given me an extra bulb and switch. Considering I don't need the Google Home Mini and will be selling on I can't complain one bit!

Caporegime
Ha. I nearly got that too but she checked

Seems they get the E27 starter kit. But the mini starter kit has the same name so easy mistake for them to make.

Soldato
I have 4 Innr GU10's in my kitchen. Having sent them all back as they buzzed and 1 failed, I've now got 2 that buzz again. Will never buy Innr again.

Fascinating how you can have such different experiences.. I honestly couldn't tell you in my house which are Innr and which are hue. Love them.

Soldato
What is it you want to do?

You're best of installing them, and just having a play. You can't break them, honest! :D

Think I'd like to get a more ambient vibe in my room, specifically around my desk/Xbox area; it's right in the corner of the room and doesn't get much by way of light unless I've got it on a normal kind of white, if you catch my gist. Need to sort a bulb or two more as well, looking at the ambient blue/white ones that Philips have...

Soldato
Think I'd like to get a more ambient vibe in my room, specifically around my desk/Xbox area; it's right in the corner of the room and doesn't get much by way of light unless I've got it on a normal kind of white, if you catch my gist. Need to sort a bulb or two more as well, looking at the ambient blue/white ones that Philips have...
They're evil. You have a play then decide you need another light behind the telly. Then another on top of the unit. Then another behind the sofa. Before you know it you've spent £300 in every room :p

Soldato
They're evil. You have a play then decide you need another light behind the telly. Then another on top of the unit. Then another behind the sofa. Before you know it you've spent £300 in every room :p

I've got 3 full colour and 2 white ambient bulbs; for now that's more than enough although I need a an adapter or two as I've a few Edinson's in the house. If anything pops up during Black Friday it wouldn't surprise me if I bit

Soldato
Anyone got any photos of the Hue Lighting Strips behind their TV unit (rather than the TV)? I'm tempted to press the button on Amazon but feel like it will look tacky...

GeX

GeX

Soldato
Does anyone use Hue compatible LED strips?
I need to add (up) lighting to the top of some cabinets, has to be strips as I need low profile - I don't really need RGBW though so Hue ones are quite pricey :(

GeX

GeX

Soldato
Does anyone use Hue compatible LED strips?
I need to add (up) lighting to the top of some cabinets, has to be strips as I need low profile - I don't really need RGBW though so Hue ones are quite pricey :(

No need for this now.. I had a little spend in the sales and have another 7M of LED strip now.. :eek:

Associate
Really tempted to swap over to Hue from Tradfri more from accessories support like light strips, switches etc, but I understand Hue can control Tradfri bulbs?
It can but you can’t then control those bulbs through homekit if you’re an apple gadget user.

Back
Top Bottom