Are you doing anything with Hue?

Soldato
When I ordered mine it said Friday for delivery (not a problem) just after I ordered them it said on the product page delivery Thursday :)
Think there delivery schedule is a bit mucked up.

Caporegime
Yes plenty.
Energenie for starters.

These.
https://www.busch-jaeger.de/en/products/product-solutions/remote-control/zigbee-light-link/

These.
https://www.gira.de/gebaeudetechnik/produkte/manuelle_lichtsteuerung/zigbee-lightlink/features.html

From what I have seen Hue look to be partnering or at least officially bringing these to the UK Q4 of this year. Which is what in waiting for.

That's useful, thanks.

I did have a (very brief) look at hue after replacing some more of my GU10 blubs, being in a relatively new flat in London I've got the things all over the place, like inside the kitchen cupboard with a glass door, underneath kitchen cabinets, etc..etc..

It does seem perhaps a bit overkill to have individual control over all those bulbs, I can see it being useful in perhaps the lounge and bedroom. For the bathroom and hall frankly a simple motion sensor/switch would do. And for the kitchen, the cupboard/under cupboard lights are already on a different circuit to the ceiling lights - I think two dimmer switches are all that is needed there, they certainly don't need individual control - I would like to have control over them via either phone or Alexia/apple hub etc.. (haven't decided which to get yet).

Soldato
Getting my lightwaverf kit today, just had 18 spots installed in the kitchen, need to tame them when we are not cooking. Hopefully I will roll out system across the home shortly.

The lock feature will come in handy as the boy has a habit of leaving every light on when he gets up in the night.

GeX

GeX

Soldato
What kit, and what happened?

Has anyone got any experience of the Osram Lightify RGB GU10 spots? My system is a mix of Hue and Ikea bulbs (Ikea for the GU10s as Hue bulbs are not bright enough). Looking at adding some RGB GU10s to my daughter's room, and the Osram ones seem good - any opinions?

Soldato
The electrician installed krs dimmable lights, I bought the gen2 starter kit, lights refused to come on. Tried the switch elsewhere and it worked.

Going to try aeotec nano zwave dimmers. Shame lightwaverf looked like nice bit of kit.

Anyone using openhab?

Soldato
What kit, and what happened?

Has anyone got any experience of the Osram Lightify RGB GU10 spots? My system is a mix of Hue and Ikea bulbs (Ikea for the GU10s as Hue bulbs are not bright enough). Looking at adding some RGB GU10s to my daughter's room, and the Osram ones seem good - any opinions?

How do you find the Ikea GU10s? I've been tasked by the missus to replace the GU10s in the bathroom with ones that work with Hue, ideally RGB but she can make do with changeable white. I looked at the Hue bulbs but the white ones are still £25 a go!

Soldato
Got mine today and must say they are very bright which is good as my hue bloom wasn't that bright,loving these new ones :)

Just been trying to follow the last few pages. Are you talking about the hue "play" bar? Do you have any pictures that you could share?

GeX

GeX

Soldato
How do you find the Ikea GU10s? I've been tasked by the missus to replace the GU10s in the bathroom with ones that work with Hue, ideally RGB but she can make do with changeable white. I looked at the Hue bulbs but the white ones are still £25 a go!

I like them. They are brighter than the Hue bulbs (I have 2 of them). The colours are slightly different to what the Hue bulbs show, but barely noticeable unless you're stood in a room with both bulbs in.
Only irk is that if I use the app to change scene, it can go wrong if that scene uses different brightness to what is currently set.
Colour temperature changes but not brightness. I looked around and some report this issue but for others it works fine.

If you want RGBW, have a look at Osram Smart+. I've put those in my daughter's room. Again, the colours are off slightly but I've not put any of my Hue RGB bulbs in there so it's not noticeable.
They don't fade from colour to colour as smooth as Hue - but they're brighter and half the price!

Soldato
I have a couple of hue bulbs, both in lamps.

I have them called

Frontlight
Backlight

I then have them also in a room called Living Room.

I also have Alexa so if I say Alexa Frontlight on or Alexa Backlight on - then the correct lamp turns on, and in reverse off works too.

I have also then connected them to my Harmony remote so can turn them on and off through the remote.

I am having an intermittent issue with Alexa not turning both lights on or off when I use Alexa turn on Living room or turn off living room.

It sometimes work and then sometimes Alexa says Living Room does not support that (or something like that).

Any ideas?

Soldato
Ikea Tradfri have expanded their range, they've now got smart plugs for £9, if the other stuff connects upto Hue, then these plugs might do as well. Anyone already tried?

I'm hoping Ikea add strip lighting to their Tradfri range, as Hue's version are just extortionately priced.

Soldato
I have a couple of hue bulbs, both in lamps.

I have them called

Frontlight
Backlight

I then have them also in a room called Living Room.

I also have Alexa so if I say Alexa Frontlight on or Alexa Backlight on - then the correct lamp turns on, and in reverse off works too.

I have also then connected them to my Harmony remote so can turn them on and off through the remote.

I am having an intermittent issue with Alexa not turning both lights on or off when I use Alexa turn on Living room or turn off living room.

It sometimes work and then sometimes Alexa says Living Room does not support that (or something like that).

Any ideas?

How intermittent?

I've had a reasonably sized setup for about a year and my experience is that she just gets it wrong sometimes. I'd say a couple of times a week I have to ask twice or more for something or I just get ignored or things like Spotify multiroom becomes patchy etc.

Not 100% stable tbh

Soldato
I installed it over the weekend, first time it worked, then pretty much every day since it has failed with Living room, but then worked with front or back light. Then a few hours later it will work again for living room to turn them off.

Soldato
Currently got Hue white lights in all the rooms - GU10s for the kitchen and dimmer switches coming this month (and a Nest protect). Next month I'll probably get a couple of motion sensors for the kitchen and colour bulbs for the lounge and bedroom. Still experimenting with what to do but my favourite bit is waking up with the lights on where I need them and the gradual increase of light in my bedroom - better waking up "naturally" with light rather than an alarm!

Tempted to see what I can do with the LED strips, maybe something in the kitchen or bathroom

- GP

Soldato

Any ideas?

Can you set up Aliases for them like you can on a Google Home? I found having 'Living Room' and 'Livingroom' set it helps as sometimes it doesn't pick up the space properly and interprets it as one word

- GP

Back
Top Bottom