Ark: Survival Evolved - Dinosaur MMO/Survival PVP funz!

We disabled character downloads because you can just open a private server, force tame stuff, level up as much as you like and then just transfer to a public server. It made no sense to leave it on :(

Yeah, i know why its disabled, its just carp when i did it believing i'd have the option of coming back later on if i wanted, only to find that that server was effectively dead to me unless i wanted to go through everything all over again, for someone cowardly to pointlessly destroy everything after midnight.
They could have destroyed 1 wall and been in just fine to loot everything, part & parcel of the game mode, but their need to destroy and ruin peoples work, unprovoked, on a server which has been polite and without drama - its turned it into a waste of my time and frankly im not interested in going back playing with childish cowardly bullies who think needless destruction of multiple peoples bases is what PvP is. We had FOUR eagles long before anyone had 1 tamed on there, likewise i think we had a couple of t-rex (we had one guy flying across the map crafting t-rex etc saddles for cost to anyone who asked) and could easily have taken the same lame attitude and pressed 'x' on everyone elses work.

If we've got to start from scratch again, i'll take my chances elsewhere, where theres a better attitude to whats acceptable. Waiting till midnight and the server is otherwise empty to destroy everyone, is gutless and boring. Its people like them who stop me bothering with PvP in most games, and almost didnt bother buying this one, because they cant simply play, they have to come along kicking other peoples sandcastles cos thats in their character.

Last edited:
Yeah, i know why its disabled, its just carp when i did it believing i'd have the option of coming back later on if i wanted, only to find that that server was effectively dead to me unless i wanted to go through everything all over again, for some cowardly to pointlessly destroy everything after midnight.
They could have destroyed 1 wall and been in just fine to loot everything, part & parcel of the game mode, but their need to destroy and ruin peoples work, unprovoked, on a server which has been polite and without drama - its turned it into a waste of my time and frankly im not interested in going back playing with childish cowardly bullies who think needless destruction of multiple peoples bases is what PvP is. We had FOUR eagles long before anyone had 1 tamed on there, likewise i think we had a couple of t-rex (we had one guy flying across the map crafting t-rex etc saddles for cost to anyone who asked) and could easily have taken the same lame attitude and pressed 'x' on everyone elses work.

If we've got to start from scratch again, i'll take my chances elsewhere, where theres a better attitude to whats acceptable. Waiting till midnight and the server is otherwise empty to destroy everyone, is gutless and boring. Its people like them who stop me bothering with PvP in most games, and almost didnt bother buying this one, because they cant simply play, they have to come along kicking other peoples sandcastles cos thats in their character.

After listening to a guy at work talk about this game, coming on here and checking this thread out, finding this post and laughing hard at your twisted knickers my interest in this game has peaked dramatically.

Is it possible to build irrigation pipe higher than three wood fence?

Did you get it Musty, you are welcome to come and play with us

Last edited:
After listening to a guy at work talk about this game, coming on here and checking this thread out, finding this post and laughing hard at your twisted knickers my interest in this game has peaked dramatically.

My knickers arent in a twist, i just find it pathetic that people join a PvP server and then do absolutely nothing when theres PLAYERS to have their PvP and then out they come when theres no threat to them because everyone else is offline. Thats not PvP, its cowardly PvPAsleep. They'll justify it as 'its a PvP server, go play PvE if thats what you want', but its pure cowardice to only actively seek 'PvP' when everyone else is offline and you have to kill & destroy everything everyone has, to stop them retaliating, because its not PvP you want, its the desire to only play that gamemode when everyone is defenceless.

You sound like you'll fit right in with that crowd though.

Not at all.

I have a 6 month old to look after so my feet stay firmly in the real world for now.

I don't even have time to play the game let alone stay up late and kill/steal things.

I just found it funny how someone who is playing on a PVP server got a little wingey that's all.

Surely you knew what you were singing up for when you looked into the game though?

Not a dig before you twist those knickers again, just an observation.

Not as simple as that though. I play on an RP PvPvE server and the PvP part has to be consensual. If you don't initiate contact and kill someone or damage/kill their base/dinosaurs, then you're in for a telling off (at least) from the admin.

I agree with Paul, PvP should be player v player, not player v empty space because they want to grief (I know not everyone can arrange stuff but we lost some dinos and a player last week to a snidey little sod who thought he'd smash stuff up with impunity because everyone was offline, but they weren't and he got caught with his hand in the cookie jar).

Not as simple as that though. I play on an RP PvPvE server and the PvP part has to be consensual. If you don't initiate contact and kill someone or damage/kill their base/dinosaurs, then you're in for a telling off (at least) from the admin.

I agree with Paul, PvP should be player v player, not player v empty space because they want to grief (I know not everyone can arrange stuff but we lost some dinos and a player last week to a snidey little sod who thought he'd smash stuff up with impunity because everyone was offline, but they weren't and he got caught with his hand in the cookie jar).

I thought that post was going to be describing something else :eek:

Not at all.

I have a 6 month old to look after so my feet stay firmly in the real world for now.

I don't even have time to play the game let alone stay up late and kill/steal things.

I just found it funny how someone who is playing on a PVP server got a little wingey that's all.

Surely you knew what you were singing up for when you looked into the game though?

Not a dig before you twist those knickers again, just an observation.

Im not a huge fan of PvP when its essentially bullying anyone significantly weaker, but i joined because i wasnt convinced that PvE would have enough to keep my interest.
That said, raiding/looting someones base for their goodies is one thing.
Going there and destroying every structure they own for no resourceful benefit, is unreasonable and completely avoidable. Most bases are wide open with 1-2 walls removed.
Wiping out their base, and going around and killing all their animals which werent on aggressive settings and wouldnt have attacked them unless agro'd, is the thing that pond scum looks down upon. Their motive is simple, bully and stop them doing the same back.

They did all of this, knowing everyone was offline and completely helpless & defenceless. They didnt target 1 base, they targetted multiple, and wiped them out in the same tasteless manner. Thats not playing PvP, thats being selfish. If you want to PvP, then they need another 'P' to achieve that. This was cowardly, pure and simple.

They wiped everyone out, knowing they were completely untouchable, and then ensured nobody had anything left to do anything about it when they found out. Thats the intent and actions of a coward, its not 'just PvP', and its everything which stops a lot of people enjoying these sorts of games, because theres people like this who dont care about anything but their own nasty motives, because its rife with the playground bullies cos they've driven everyone else away with their toxic attitude. Their a step below hackers, quite frankly, because you're either forced to stoop to their level, or give up.

twisted knickers

You would struggle with the concept of real survival. Just because you are asleep or unprepared wouldn't stop other people from looting and destroying your stuff in the real world.

It's a game mechanic that the whole concept of these kinds of games are built around.

Sounds like this kind of game might not be for you...

Edit: Also could it not be people playing in different time zones on your server? so they might not be "staying up late" just to grief you.

Last edited:
You would struggle with the concept of real survival. Just because you are asleep or unprepared wouldn't stop other people from looting and destroying your stuff in the real world.

It's a game mechanic that the whole concept of these kinds of games are built around.

Sounds like this kind of game might not be for you...

Edit: Also could it not be people playing in different time zones on your server? so they might not be "staying up late" just to grief you.

Except this is a game and we all spend time on it to have fun not to experience the element of online trolling that people can't seem to let go.

Back
Top Bottom